First time at track with 02 camaro, kind of impressed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
This at the new Lapeer?
this was at 131. Only got 6 passes in. People kept braking or some one would leak something. The track staff was working. Had to constantly redrag and clean off the truck. Thank you to them.

Originally Posted by Hardtop Brian
Looks like 131. Congrats! I would have had a 10.5x myself if i didnt spin. Ended up with a 10.70 @ 128. I did get 11.14 @ 119.5 on motor. Pretty pumped about that. What are the winter plans?
Nice job Hardtop Brian. Both of us in the 10s this weekend. Great job on motor! My best on motor pass was 11.3x @ 117-118. If I could get my motor passes down to 11.1x or lower i would be jumping up and down.
Winter plans:
intake, throttle body
tube front end from rock solid
tube k member and control arms in the front
coilovers
mini tub rear
narrow rear end
cage
kirkey
weight reduction
get the converter tightened up

the plan is to eventually turbo as that’s how I did all my imports, with this being my first domestic I had to try some nitrous. I’ll try and get a 408 short block going and once the stock ls1 block goes swap to turbo
Old 11-05-2018, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

^You must be planning on a big turbo if you're going 408. Most stick to 364ci or less if they want to rev it and not choke it out.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ddnspider
^You must be planning on a big turbo if you're going 408. Most stick to 364ci or less if they want to rev it and not choke it out.

yes end game would be big turbo car.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Well we got the first snow fall in michigan today. Started on the tear down, got the trans pretty much ready to come out. Radiator was drained and removed. After assessing the car, i think my best option to pick up a rust free clean body car from the south, my cousin lives in TN and paints cars for a living, he is going to help me find one and I will go down and pick it up and swap all my parts over. There is just to much rust damage on the car, wheels are rusting, floor has rust holes, front engine bay has rust, so I am going to find a chassis and swap all my components into it and start with a clean body.
Picked up some side work on a lincoln, michigan pot holes and winters taking a toll on a 2014 mkz with 65000 miles on.

Best 10 second pass from the other day, on 100 shot.
First time at track with 02 camaro, kind of impressed-smojcnc.jpg

Lincoln old vs new shock
First time at track with 02 camaro, kind of impressed-sqz0isw.jpg

start of engine bay tear down
First time at track with 02 camaro, kind of impressed-wxrmtio.jpg

Quick Reply: First time at track with 02 camaro, kind of impressed