New fastest SI car in the country?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like bain is jealous of anyone that is faster than him to me...just my .02
Old 06-05-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
That is correct, ARPs eliminate you from stock internal.

Again.......what is the benefit on a SI car? Yeah....technically it is going inside the engine, but it does nothing to improve performance.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

the advantage is thus....they don't want to admit that anyone could ever go as quick as they did SI so they put stipulations on things to outlaw other people's times. the bottom line is that sux's car is movin pretty good, and it's daily driven. i didn't hear anyone raising hell about guys pulling heads to modify stock pistons in "cam only" cars....where's the beef?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

stipulations??

All these rules were set into place before I ran my #'s.. This is nothing new here. I knew what I could not do and what I could do BEFORE I ever ran my #'s stock internals. These are not things that were discussed AFTER the fact. It was well before so your statement is very much false.

As far as modifying stock pistons.. to what extent.. beyond fly cutting?

Just in case you don't know, the 2 record holders for cam only cars also have never had their head removed..

There's your beef.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by liftin'em on nittos
the advantage is thus....they don't want to admit that anyone could ever go as quick as they did SI so they put stipulations on things to outlaw other people's times. the bottom line is that sux's car is movin pretty good, and it's daily driven. i didn't hear anyone raising hell about guys pulling heads to modify stock pistons in "cam only" cars....where's the beef?
That's bullshit....

Stock internal means STOCK INTERNAL PERIOD

Old 06-05-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

sounds like bain is jealous of anyone that is faster than him to me...just my .02

Who the F**k are you??? I'm not jealous just trying to keep the list honest
Old 06-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

so he's honest about his car, what about those cam only cars that lie about it and don't have stock heads, or those stock internal cars that have a bottle on them, or ls6 cam and heads or something. those guys are on the list with no talk....oh well, it's all good. sux has a very quick car and that's obvious.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

so he's honest about his car, what about those cam only cars that lie about it and don't have stock heads, or those stock internal cars that have a bottle on them, or ls6 cam and heads or something. those guys are on the list with no talk....oh well, it's all good. sux has a very quick car and that's obvious.

well im glad he's honest about his car. Thats great and I give him props for saying what he has when some dont. But this still doesnt give in to the fact that SI is SI. The motor has never internally been touched These are the same rules we went by when we all started racing.. We didnt put different springs or rod bolts in our motors and say we were SI. No ones bashing the guy for the ET's he ran. He has a fast car no doubt. But 98% of us still consider SI as STOCK INTERNAL EVERYTHING for the LS1's. The LT1's are a different story since mostly every friggin one has 1.6RR's lol..

S=stock ARP= not stock parts regardless if helps performance

I wouldnt put better springs and bolts in my motor and say I was stock internal, but thats just me and the way i believe SI should be lol
Old 06-06-2005, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

I've never known anyone to gain performance with arp rod bolts.. Who really cares though, its just a list on a internet board... This guy has a fast car and I give him props for it.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Banned

I like the fact that no one has touched on what I said in my last post. Oil, even if it's small amounts ie: vapor or minute droplets, touches the intake and TB by means of the PCV system. So that would rule out any intake mods, even a ported TB.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Silver, i see what you are saying, but its common sense that a friggin TB and intake arent internal parts lol

i dont think rod bolts would help the guy... but its the simple fact that they are not STOCK bolts and stock springs INSIDE the motor or UNDER the valve covers.

im to slow to compete in any SI list now since 11.9's that use to be fast and now slow and not even worth mentioning LMAO.

I doubt its anyone that doesnt like the guy cause he's fast.. its just that we consider SI is STOCK INTERNALS... not aftermarket bolts and springs regardless if they help or not
Old 06-06-2005, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98TAauto
Silver, i see what you are saying, but its common sense that a friggin TB and intake arent internal parts lol

i dont think rod bolts would help the guy... but its the simple fact that they are not STOCK bolts and stock springs INSIDE the motor or UNDER the valve covers.

im to slow to compete in any SI list now since 11.9's that use to be fast and now slow and not even worth mentioning LMAO.

I doubt its anyone that doesnt like the guy cause he's fast.. its just that we consider SI is STOCK INTERNALS... not aftermarket bolts and springs regardless if they help or not
Originally Posted by SUX2BU
I have stock LS1 springs that came on the stock 241 heads.
Post #21.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Not to take anything away from Magnus or anyone else that holds and LSX record, but is there an "Official" team of people that went to Magnus' house after he broke the record to watch him tear down the motor? Did they check every bolt, and every nut to make sure they were all to factory spec? Is there any real way to make sure that the numbers on the #8 piston match the numbers on the block?

What about the cam only record holder? Did anyone require that motor to be torn down to confirm everything was within said rules?

Or did everyone take their word for it?

Unless any of this was done, there really isn't anything "Official" about it.

Hell, run ARP bolts, who's going to check you?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

ARP bolts are not the problem, its that if you allow the bolts, what else can you allow??? Might as well rebuild entire engine with stock parts, but set all the clearances so that the engine has less frictional losses and in return makes more power.

--unofficilly the worlds quickest maroon 88 camaro with an LS6 and 4L60e on DR's and salad shooters!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

You have to draw the line somewhere.

Valvesprings would be a great mod, you should see how a stock hi mile LS1 falls off on the dyno.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

ditto that.. no point in nit picking the rules since SI will always be SI LOL

im not rocket scientist but I can figure that one out lol
Old 06-06-2005, 04:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
Not to take anything away from Magnus or anyone else that holds and LSX record, but is there an "Official" team of people that went to Magnus' house after he broke the record to watch him tear down the motor? Did they check every bolt, and every nut to make sure they were all to factory spec? Is there any real way to make sure that the numbers on the #8 piston match the numbers on the block?

What about the cam only record holder? Did anyone require that motor to be torn down to confirm everything was within said rules?

Or did everyone take their word for it?

Unless any of this was done, there really isn't anything "Official" about it.

Hell, run ARP bolts, who's going to check you?
AFTER I ran the NA SI record, i had ARP Rod bolts and a cam installed at Speed INC. They took out all my stock parts and replaced them with the new parts for the cam only record.

THat was also the first time the vavle covers and oil pan were ever off the car.

I wouldn't have replaced ARP bolts with ARP bolts.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
8 Second Club

LOL WHO CARES! It's a test/tune record!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned

mangus' car isn't the stock internals record holder, or the cam only record, his car came with a V6 in it, so it's not stock internals to have an LS1 in it. therefore his "records" are non-existant.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
8 Second Club

mangus' car isn't the stock internals record holder, or the cam only record, his car came with a V6 in it, so it's not stock internals to have an LS1 in it. therefore his "records" are non-existant.
LOL using their own "logic" against them...doh!

Quick Reply: New fastest SI car in the country?