New fastest SI car in the country?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liftin'em on nittos
mangus' car isn't the stock internals record holder, or the cam only record, his car came with a V6 in it, so it's not stock internals to have an LS1 in it. therefore his "records" are non-existant.
It's already been debated in the my record threads. Guess you haven't been around long enough to know that.. but yet you seem to think you're in the know now with under 100 posts.

You're a tool.. wonder if you even own an f-body.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Banned

well, it's a fact. there's no logic to it really
Old 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

i own 2 actually, and i've been around a long time, just never really posted much. i was on ls1.com for a few years and then didn't mess around with it much. and further more i never read any of your record posts. you're a tool for claiming to have records that you really don't have.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Magnus
AFTER I ran the NA SI record, i had ARP Rod bolts and a cam installed at Speed INC. They took out all my stock parts and replaced them with the new parts for the cam only record.

THat was also the first time the vavle covers and oil pan were ever off the car.

I wouldn't have replaced ARP bolts with ARP bolts.
Magnus, I'm not contesting the fact that your motor was true stock internal according to this message board's rules. I actually followed your progress for a long time and I thought it was very impressive.

The point I was trying to make was that the record is an LS1Tech record and nothing more. As someone stated earlier, it is a nice benchmark and gives a person a goal to work towards. Perhaps LS1whatever.com believes that rod bolts or valve springs or even rocker arms are stock internal and as far as they are concerned, completely legal.

Hell, for all we know there could be a cam only car running in the 9's, but that person never posted on an internet forum. There are a crapload more LS1 powered cars out there than there are registered users.

Before anyone gets their briefs in a twist about rules and regulations, what's legal and what's not, remember this is an unofficial LS1Tech record, not a Official world record.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Banned

98TA - In that case then common sense would dictate that the cylinder heads are not internal either. They, like the intake, are bolted onto the motor. I guess the valve covers make them internal. lol

Not for nothing guys but it sure seems so me that the top dogs in SI and Cam Only have dumped a TON of money into their cars to claim some record that no one checks for infractions. So it stands to reason that guys might very well be doing things that slip under the radar, because there is no radar. So what gives? Why are guys dumping mega bucks on light weight parts and such? Hey all, I just dumped 3+ grand on light weight breaks and racing wheels that are a couple of pounds lighter than my other racing wheels and I picked up a tenth. Personal satisfaction? Yeah OK.

All this to show everyone the potential of the mighty LS1. Yeah, an LS1 in a gutted race car. Whooptie doo.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
98TA - In that case then common sense would dictate that the cylinder heads are not internal either. They, like the intake, are bolted onto the motor. I guess the valve covers make them internal. lol

Not for nothing guys but it sure seems so me that the top dogs in SI and Cam Only have dumped a TON of money into their cars to claim some record that no one checks for infractions. So it stands to reason that guys might very well be doing things that slip under the radar, because there is no radar. So what gives? Why are guys dumping mega bucks on light weight parts and such? Hey all, I just dumped 3+ grand on light weight breaks and racing wheels that are a couple of pounds lighter than my other racing wheels and I picked up a tenth. Personal satisfaction? Yeah OK.

All this to show everyone the potential of the mighty LS1. Yeah, an LS1 in a gutted race car. Whooptie doo.

It's not any different than trying to be the top dog among a few of your friends. Competition can be a good thing. I've had a blast going back and forth with my buds here in Charleston.

The SI and Cam only classes are just another place for that. It gives people something to shoot for. Are there people out there that have cheated to get a tenth here or there? Sure. Who cares? You have that with anything in life.

It's fine that you aren't into that. So why bitch about it?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Veteran

silver, im not picking a fight with ya or anyone on here. I mean its would be obivious that heads wouldnt be considered a bolt on. Sure we could argue that they bolt on and yada yada all day long which they do lol, but placing heads on a car is taking it to a whole different level. As for intakes, what about us 98 guys that have LS1 intakes and ya'll with 01's that have the LS6. We just swap them to get what you have already:-P

i careless about him having rod bolts.. if he wants to claim fastest SI with arp rod bolts then he can do so LMAO. Its kinda funny.. This isnt official like NHRA lol anyway lol

i just dont think anyone's gonna say that replacing bolts and etc inside the motor will classify as stock.

also, we could go into a whole different level about converters and etc LOL. The rules most go by were just ones adopted over the years since the LS1 came out. Nothing more nothing less
Old 06-07-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why wouldn't Magnus have the SI title? It was a SI LS1 motor in a late model Fbody.

I could see bitching if he put a stock LS1 motor in a 2200 mustang or something.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Banned

98TA - So what about the 98 guys that have heads that don't flow as well as the 01 cars? Or that 98s have better cams for racing? The rules have been tweaked over the years with the advent of things like the LS6 intake in 2001. Until the LS6 came out no one thought of swaping intakes. Well, there was the truck intake. So who's running one of those? lol

01Z - Well since you brought up the Mustang, tell me this. Which year FOX bodied stang (79-93) is the lightest? Some of you might be asking yourself, WTF does this have to do with anything? Cause some v8 Fox bodies are lighter than other v8 fox bodies depending on year of manufacture, and I'm not comparing a notch to a hatch either.

I gotta hand it to the guy who started the thread. lol
Old 06-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned

Jay - Competition is a great thing. Have fun competing against megabuck 2600 lb race cars. What's next, a tube chassis SI or Cam Only car? Who'd be fool enough to do that? lolol
Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This is gonna be a little off topic but....................

While discussing records.. what is the record for a full weight cam only car? And while I am asking, what constitutes full weight? As many cars came with different options... I assume that the weight would be a difficult thing to have a cut and dry # on. Only reason I ask is that I see tons of cam only cars running a whole ton faster then I did, but then again, I think about every single one is a stripper car, or a gutted race car.. not that I have anythign against that, I'll eventually have one of those too.. robably will be the car I have now.. just tying to get some baseline as to how I'm doing in the overall scheme of things. At my rece weight.. which is way up there... I'm wondering exactly how far off am I compared to the other cars in my weight range. It's kinda hard to compare a car that's got a 3780 race weight to a car that's got a 3200 race weight.. know what I mean?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

If you have a street car and you race it at it's as delivered weight, you are considered a fool around here. This is Potatoe Chip Country. These guys are so serious that when they order a baked potatoe they gut it and just eat the skin. lol
Old 06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you have a street car and you race it at it's as delivered weight, you are considered a fool around here. This is Potatoe Chip Country. These guys are so serious that when they order a baked potatoe they gut it and just eat the skin. lol

Understood.. when I am ready for a race car. I'll gut my car to the legal limit, or as close as I can and be legal for racing ( roll bar, scattershiled or bellhousing, the safety stuff alot of people on here like to skip ) .. as I personally see no point in going lighter.. why make a car so light that you have to add 200 or more lbs to race it at a tech'ed event... My outlook on that is why waste time tuning suspension and everything else to a race weight that isn't realistic.. get to the legal limit for your class... no point in going lighter then that, at a teched event, it would be disqualified anyway right?

I was hoping that there was some standard that I could base my car's performance to before I get into the weight reduction game.. as this car is still gonna be driven on the street, there's alot of weight stuff that will never happen.. stuff like bumper supports, door bars.. that stuff is gonna stay.. I don't want to turn the car into a death machine if I wanna take it to a cruise night, or to a local hangout. I figure that if I can get the car to around 3400 or so with me in it and all the safety equipment, and still keep the street needed stuff in ( incuding the heater.. probably not the a/c ) I'll be fine.

There's no full weight cam only list? How about a SI full weight list?
Old 06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
LOL using their own "logic" against them...doh!
That's not logic, it's idiotic. It's an engine that is internally stock, valve covers never lifted oil pan never removed, dropped into a 4th gen f-body. It was debated before he ever made the 10 sec pass that it would still qualify.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSix
That's not logic, it's idiotic. It's an engine that is internally stock, valve covers never lifted oil pan never removed, dropped into a 4th gen f-body. It was debated before he ever made the 10 sec pass that it would still qualify.
None of that has ever happened because you know so, or because he told you so. **** my old camaro had a oil pan leak and I had to switch it but I guess it's no longer stock then since I put a new gasket on it eh? lol

Okay so don't cry when someone puts a cam-only ls1 into a 4-link dragster and go 8's without even leaning on it! lol

Qualify for what? A meaningless record? I have the fastest quasar blue camaro that originally came with ttops, a chipped passenger quarter-panel, and a small paint imperfection on the front bumper. Yay for me and my internet glory!

You guys are funny!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSix
It's an engine that is internally stock, valve covers never lifted oil pan never removed, dropped into a 4th gen f-body.
Again, those words could be used against you. Not trying to start a war, but using that definition means if you blow a rocker arm, you're not allowed to replace it with another stock rocker arm because you have to remove the valve cover to do so. Bend a pushrod or break a valve spring and you're out of the running.

On the topic of rod bolts....

Has anyone read or heard anyone say "...so yeah, i'm going to change my stock rod bolts for ARP because I can make more horsepower." ARP rod bolts do not help make any more horsepower than stock rod bolts. If anything they are a peace of mind modification.

Those that argue "...but with ARP rod bolts you can spin the motor to 7000rpm." Well, so can everyone else with stock rod bolts. Not to mention the stock camshaft would be hard pressed to make power over 6400rpm let alone 7000rpm.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Thats got to be th funniest thing I've heard in a long time

Thats going in my Sig.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned

ATV Racer - u a fool son. lol
Old 06-07-2005, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

where's the popcorn smiley when you need it.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
AFTER I ran the NA SI record, i had ARP Rod bolts and a cam installed at Speed INC. They took out all my stock parts and replaced them with the new parts for the cam only record.

THat was also the first time the vavle covers and oil pan were ever off the car.

I wouldn't have replaced ARP bolts with ARP bolts.
When someone claims cam only as their only power adder that usually means its still a stock shortblock...Which in your case IS NOT if you added rod bolts...Therefor your record has been yanked from you by me!

Quick Reply: New fastest SI car in the country?