9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I don't mind you posting you think we are wrong. You have the right. All I am stating is I have dead hard proof and you are stating it was not right. You don't know if it was right. You only got about 2 seconds of a video and you say it is not possible. Wait for the full pass I post then make an argument.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 04:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Revlimiter,

I hope you aren't jealous of them simply claiming they turned 9800 rpm or something? Why would you even care, it's just a number? Their clutch is not right yet and they are having some oem efi sensor issues with the extreme rpm since virtually no one else has been turning that high an rpm with the LSX stuff so far. It isn't like it's making peak power at 9800 or anything!

You sound like one of the guys that wouldn't believe us at the school that the SAM Orange SS would turn 9 grand too back a long time ago and then it went 9.1Xs and 150+ mph at a pretty heavy 3400-ish pounds with ported LS6 heads right in front of everyone. One pass it went 154mph.

Amber simply posted some info for people that wanted to know how their car was running. When the clutch works they should have some ET numbers to report as well. We put this engine together with Joe and Amber and I would be much happier if it DIDN'T turn as high as it is since it certainly isn't easy to keep something like that together at 9500 rpm.

Also like any higher rpm engine it turns alot of rpm and makes some great power as well due to Greg Good's heavily massaged ETP cathedral port heads he did for us that move very large amounts of high quality low tubulence air and and a very good solid roller setup with good solid roller parts. It's a collaboration of many people bringing this car together and now the hard part is getting all the power to the ground and hooking it up.

I also have great respect for the other guys running in the 8s all motor like matt346ls1 up there and camnhawk too since it's just not easy at all! Most guys can hardly break into the 8s even with big power adders! Joe and Amber are trying to get there with a regular LS2 block and cathedral port heads right now but I am sure they will do a more radical engine in time!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
The ram is not a real clutch. Call ACE or better yet call Anderson. I am sure you have never seen my car go down the track but I can tell you this, come to the NMCA in Milan next month if you don't believe me. Just because you are upset we are calling BS on your math is no reason to get in a pissing match. I will post the Big Stuff Logs in the morning after we test. That should prove that what we are saying is correct. Also look at one of my other posts. I never said the clutch that was in the car in the video was right. As a matter of fact I posted that we blew thru that clutch and completely distroyed it due to the power level we are at. I also posted we had a new clutch from Bontifonte on the way for it. That is what i mean by real clutch.

Amber
Why is the Ram not a real Clutch? It holds my power just fine. And I'm sure I have more torque.

Matt
Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this is getting way off course.

Come on guys (and Amber), group hug!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by revlimiter
Oh, i have seen your car go down the track last year when you claimed you put a new motor in it just for the race at milan and we were supposed to be shocked then. i dont think it went any faster than 10.70.. the day you helped tosto rebuild his trans at the track in case you forgot..
so just to help you out a little so that you dont have to rev 10000 rpms to go 60 feet, your clutch is NOT supposed to slip all the way to 4th gear

They didn't help me build my tranny must be someone else your thinking of.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats to you guys. That thing should haul with Joe behind the wheel.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Also look at one of my other posts. I never said the clutch that was in the car in the video was right. As a matter of fact I posted that we blew thru that clutch and completely distroyed it due to the power level we are at.

Amber
then in post #56 you say you had no counterweight and no base and still wouldnt slip.
The BS just keeps gettn worse..
and why do you and your friend keep posting the link to MW calculater?? that will only show you a MPH at a given rpm, has nothing to do with anything!!!

AGAIN i never said that you couldnt spin 9800 rpms, just the very simple observation that your video does not add up to your calims ( unless one of my thoerys from first post is in play ) especiallly with the 2.66 first gear. and yes you can hear the first to second in your vid. and it would be easier if you would stop lying, or at least get your facts straight first. BTW i suppose Greg Anderson is so busy helping you that he will probably miss the denver race this weekend, since his team doesnt have to change engine combos and trans ratios etc. for that race....

RACER 7088
Thanks for the compliment, we are also happy how matts car is running and should be able to get more out of it when we get it to go straight first.

KFP
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Matt,

It is a nice clutch but it doesn't offer as much adjustability as an ACE or Bonifonte. I spoke with several people that recommended the ram until the found out more information about the car. Then they said that just won't do as it was a slipper clutch it just didn't have what we were going to need. We had the mcleod and alot of clutch guys out there said it wasn't a "Real" slipper clutch.

Thanks for your help Erik. I like having my engine builder who was there for the whole build. You are great!

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Here is just a sneak peak of a shake down run. 1st Gear shift at around 9800 rpms of pure fun. I will post all of the info on runs and records tomorrow night after our final track testing. Funny thing about this pass as it pulls way past 9800rpms

Amber
Six Speeds Inc.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/656de...640171c27f.htm

Oh man what a tease! 9800 rpms!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Val (Revlimiter), would a BS3 log make you happy? Do you use BS3 in your car too?

Not that it's important but Joe and Amber rebuilt Taner's T56 not Tosto.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Well I think your math is incorrect. It is a 3200lb car, makes 940fwhp, 2.66 1st gear transmission, 4.86 rear gear, 28X10.5 and WE HAVE THE LOG IN BIG STUFF. If you don't believe me I have no problems posting it. I have the best tuner in the country here right now and we are going back to the track in the morning. We turned it 8 times past 9800rpms as this was built for 10,200rpms. If you have good enough parts you can turn these things 10,500 and never look back. Look at pro stock. They turn theres 11,000+ every pass. The sneak peak didn't show any numbers so how can you say it is not right????? You are not correct by saying that. Once I have the final video posted, times slips posted and the log we will see. I have about 10 videos I will be posting once we have it 100% complete. There are also 15 people that went to the track with us including the track owner that will verify the 9800rpms if you don't believe the log. Do the math it does add up.

Amber
940 fwhp? Did yall actually put it on an engine dyno and is this the 370ci combo?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Joe and Amber, congrats on your new set-up, sounds like a stout combo !

9800 rpms sounds like murder for the valve springs. I remember back in the old days when the guys spinning those kind of rpms (+ more) would have to change the springs every three or four passes.
Are the springs they make now days lasting any longer ? How often do you plan on inspecting them/replacing them ?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I remember watching Judson at the track a number of years ago shifting at 9200, the motor sounded awesome.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

PRO STOCK JOHN,

That was not me (VAL) in those posts, it was KFP on my computer. I think they just dont understand what he was trying to say. He was not trying to dicredit them and their motor, but,saying the things she posted did not add up and she conterdicted herself about the clutch.their car probably will go pretty fast and it looks like the 540 gear was a step in the right direction for their combo.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

No it is 414ci and is completely different than our last build. This is the build for the LSx shootout in Memphis we are tuning now. The 940fwhp is a guess from the builders, head guys and tuner. We don't know for 100% what it makes but I would like to put it on a engine dyno if I every get time. On the valve springs they are not made for the LS1. I don't know 100% what they are and if greg good reads this I will let him post all the information on the heads.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No comment needed for the naysayers

225-343-9029
Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

No it is 414ci and is completely different than our last build. This is the build for the LSx shootout in Memphis we are tuning now. The 940fwhp is a guess from the builders, head guys and tuner. We don't know for 100% what it makes but I would like to put it on a engine dyno if I every get time. On the valve springs they are not made for the LS1. I don't know 100% what they are and if greg good reads this I will let him post all the information on the heads.

Amber
Ok cool. But I would rethink the 940fwhp with "normal" style LS1\LS6 heads. Just Look at Robin's motor 454ci LSX with the best of everything and it just squeaked in at 930 fwhp on the engine dyno.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Well I think your math is incorrect. It is a 3200lb car, makes 940fwhp, 2.66 1st gear transmission, 4.86 rear gear, 28X10.5 and WE HAVE THE LOG IN BIG STUFF. If you don't believe me I have no problems posting it. I have the best tuner in the country here right now and we are going back to the track in the morning. We turned it 8 times past 9800rpms as this was built for 10,200rpms. If you have good enough parts you can turn these things 10,500 and never look back. Look at pro stock. They turn theres 11,000+ every pass. The sneak peak didn't show any numbers so how can you say it is not right????? You are not correct by saying that. Once I have the final video posted, times slips posted and the log we will see. I have about 10 videos I will be posting once we have it 100% complete. There are also 15 people that went to the track with us including the track owner that will verify the 9800rpms if you don't believe the log. Do the math it does add up.

Amber

Actually Pro-Stockers don't turn 11,000+. The GM's turn 10,200-10,400 and the Hemi's turn 10,400 - 10,600 max!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What kind of valvetrain components are in this motor?
Phil

Quick Reply: 9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)