9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Z
The quote actually means that you don’t expect a liar to stop lying so you will settle for facts. That makes no sense.
Gary Z,
this is not what that actually means,, facts would be better than something other than the truth is more what that statement means,, pretty good theory though..
and yes i probably could have said it a better way, but i was not turning it in to my grammar teacher for grading, and as the conversaition went on i can now see that she probably didnt fully understand the problem herself that she was trying to explain, therefore wasnt a lie, but misunderstood. thats why if you pick one particular statement from the middle of a conversation how can you ever understand the rest?
Thanks for trying though.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racer7088
Yeah everythings done but the computer efi gremlins have been at work. I know Joe and Amber have been working on getting it done now for 2 weeks straight! It's about typical for something like this to bring everything else to a stop but I think they have a few more ideas about getting it working so hopefully they can sort it out soon. When you are doing something for the first time it's always hard working the bugs out. I know when asking about these problems no one else has had any answers so far as no one has been taking this system over 9000 so far.
Why you think they are the first to go past 9000 RPM on a BS3 if thats what you are getting at? No problems with ours yet going past 9000 several times so far
Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have read this thread and I think you originally raised a valid question. I don't understand your attitude however.
Originally Posted by revlimiter
I am not in any way saying that you cant rev an ls1 that high, simply the fact that at 9800+ rpms with a 4.88 gear and a 2.66 first gear and 28 tall tires would carry out way farther that what was shown.
These numbers say nothing about distance. They imply a speed of approximately 62 mph if nothing is slipping. It does appear that the 1-2 shift occurs near the 60’ light and 62 mph at 60 or 70 feet is very fast, probably too fast. Therefore, the clutch was slipping or the tires were slipping. But so what? There is no reason to think the data logger didn't record 9800 rpm at the top of first.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by Futral
Why you think they are the first to go past 9000 RPM on a BS3 if thats what you are getting at? No problems with ours yet going past 9000 several times so far
Are you using the stock LS2 cam sensor and crank reluctor? If so Joe and Amber need to call you! Seriously. They are not able to go over a certain rpm without the computer going crazy. BS3's John Meany and one of his main tuners couldn't make it work using the OEM sensors. They told us no one had actually done this before other than us and Jud who also went to teh MSD trigger and ignition. If you are running the MSD crank trigger and a distributor it works great but they are still trying to do the stock system coil on plug with the stock sensors. What are you saying you guys are running?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 AM
FormerVendor

Arrow

revlimiter,

You told Amber she was full of crap and then can't get any of your own facts straight including which trans they did or did not rebuild at some race you say you were at. If the tach and racepak and BS3 say you were turning over 9500 then you usually are. Ask Don Bailey and John Meany if they turned 9800 and see what answer you get! The thing is though why do you care anyway what it can or can not turn? It doesn't mean anything at all. I can turn my ford ranger 9800 probably with enough valvespring! Amber just was making a post about her and Joe's car and that's all she could say at the time since the efi was crapping out after or in first gear otherwise you'd have some ETs or MPH to talk about. Everyone out there was surprised how much further this engine was pulling and that's all it was about and nothing more. If you want to, get Matt to shift his car out at 9800 several times and then you can make a thread about that too and everyone will be happy! Maybe Alan there can make a few 10K passes too!

A-- first of all i did not have a roten attitude towards anyone,( and again-- pointing out some discrepencies ) is not rotten, but a debate is exactly what it is.
B-- no you were NOT part of this disscussion untill you got a big head about being a moderator and started calling ME names.
C-- a supermod is exactly what you are being by calling me names then threatening privillages, so you can tell everbody that you always win- but that would in my opinion be a step back for you and this board. how is anybody supposed to learn anything if what they are being told is not the truth..???? even if it was not meant to be a stretch of the truth.
D-- so i challange you to go back through the posts and find where I supposedly got rotten with someone ( even someone that was not part of this discussion ) and i would gladly appoligize because there was no intent in doing so. but untill then why come in and just try to stomp a perfectly good discussion where someone that doesnt know any better can learn fact from fiction.
E-- so please do not delete this thread so other people can see what you are trying to do and how unfair you really are being.
F-- if you have completed my challange i think you will find that you were the only one name calling and threatining.
G-- This is not meant to be an attack toward you, but hopefully help you understand how to be a better person.
ty, KFP
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Nobody is going to "win" this argument so agree to dis-agree and let it go.

Tom
Old 07-13-2007, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gary Z
I have read this thread and I think you originally raised a valid question. I don't understand your attitude however. These numbers say nothing about distance. They imply a speed of approximately 62 mph if nothing is slipping. It does appear that the 1-2 shift occurs near the 60’ light and 62 mph at 60 or 70 feet is very fast, probably too fast. Therefore, the clutch was slipping or the tires were slipping. But so what? There is no reason to think the data logger didn't record 9800 rpm at the top of first.
Gary Z,
again , in no posts did i ever say that they did not go to 9800 rpms, simply the distance of the first gear shift did not add up to their gear ratio,rpm, and tire size that they said.... unless... ( this is where you go read my very first post and see the options ).. but then again she also said the clutch wouldnt slip at all in another post with no counter weight or base..??..
Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by racer7088
revlimiter,

You told Amber she was full of crap and then can't get any of your own facts straight including which trans they did or did not rebuild at some race you say you were at. If the tach and racepak and BS3 say you were turning over 9500 then you usually are. Ask Don Bailey and John Meany if they turned 9800 and see what answer you get! The thing is though why do you care anyway what it can or can not turn? It doesn't mean anything at all. I can turn my ford ranger 9800 probably with enough valvespring! Amber just was making a post about her and Joe's car and that's all she could say at the time since the efi was crapping out after or in first gear otherwise you'd have some ETs or MPH to talk about. Everyone out there was surprised how much further this engine was pulling and that's all it was about and nothing more. If you want to, get Matt to shift his car out at 9800 several times and then you can make a thread about that too and everyone will be happy! Maybe Alan there can make a few 10K passes too!
Racer, maybe you should start by reading post #95 first before you talk about facts, i did mistake who it was at that race..as i said in that post... it was Taner , not Tosto.
AGAIN, please find somewhere in my posts where i said they could not turn that rpm!!!!!!???????? I DONT CARE !! but when the math doesnt add up something is questionable... wasnt my post.
I would never try to pull a 400+ ci ls1 motor that high, because i dont believe that there is a head made for the lsx that can support that yet-- maybe the etp canted valve--but thats about it.... so i think Matt is happy shifting at the safe 7600 rpms he is at, and im not so sure alan would try that either,
Now i have a feeling that you are going to tell me YOU CAN YOU CAN pull a ls1 that high with your heads, well thats fine, but I am willing to make you a bet that when it is all said and done, and the car is figured out, that you wont be pulling those rpms.. and that is not said to get into any kind of rpm arguement, just a personal bet, nothing else.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I doesnt matter either way. Once Joe gets everything figured out the time slips will tell the tale. The race at Memphis will settle everything.

225-343-9029
Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

We don't like two people using the same account, so Val should we change this one to KFP since he posts more. Is he your brother?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

It's kind of depressing to know that someone who builds such impressive motors can be such a child. That is the one thing I can't stand about this hobby. Too many mad hoosiers with know-it-all attitudes.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Motorboater

KFP, I'm not going to argue with you. I clearly stated my position, there is NO problem with you questioning something and getting into a technical debate, that is what this board is here for. However, you need to stop being such an *** to people, which you are clearly in denial about. You can attack and accuse me all you want but in the end I have a job to do here, and I will do it, end of discussion.

Now get your **** together or I'm going to do it for you.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 AM
7 Second Club

sorry kfp but i read this whole subject and maybe you were raised up north and are used to treating people like that but i got a hint of you being pretty mean and quick to reply...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

revlimiter,

I don't think they will be shifting up there regularly either or at least I hope not!

Racer, maybe you should start by reading post #95 first before you talk about facts, i did mistake who it was at that race..as i said in that post... it was Taner , not Tosto.
AGAIN, please find somewhere in my posts where i said they could not turn that rpm!!!!!!???????? I DONT CARE !! but when the math doesnt add up something is questionable... wasnt my post.
I would never try to pull a 400+ ci ls1 motor that high, because i dont believe that there is a head made for the lsx that can support that yet-- maybe the etp canted valve--but thats about it.... so i think Matt is happy shifting at the safe 7600 rpms he is at, and im not so sure alan would try that either,
Now i have a feeling that you are going to tell me YOU CAN YOU CAN pull a ls1 that high with your heads, well thats fine, but I am willing to make you a bet that when it is all said and done, and the car is figured out, that you wont be pulling those rpms.. and that is not said to get into any kind of rpm arguement, just a personal bet, nothing else.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
KFP, I'm not going to argue with you. I clearly stated my position, there is NO problem with you questioning something and getting into a technical debate, that is what this board is here for. However, you need to stop being such an *** to people, which you are clearly in denial about. You can attack and accuse me all you want but in the end I have a job to do here, and I will do it, end of discussion.

Now get your **** together or I'm going to do it for you.
Silver, glad to hear that you dont want to argue, but what i dont understand is where you think i was beeing an *** to people, was kinda hoping you could show me where you thought this happened.
I never attacked you or accused you of anything, if you go to your first post you will see that YOU and only you started name calling and accusing. I do not think i am in denial, but instead asked you to show me where you think I acted out of reason and said i would gladly appoligize if there was any wrong doing.
There is certainly other ways to go about things, especially being a moderator i would have thought even you would have approached this situation differently.Not telling you how to do your job,but, If you think that someone is out of line there is always a pm, and if that doesnt work you could have always posted your thoughts without slander. very unproffesional for someone in your position.
A technical debate is exactly what it was, i did see something very wrong with the info given and voiced my opinion about that, now, if someone dissagrees with me, i tried to explain it in more lamens terms untill they understood my objective... I think if anyone person on any board was getting attacked they would rebut with an explination, which is exactly what i did when i was questioned --without name calling and slander---.so i really see no need to be attacked like this. you are a moderator. moderate doesnt mean if you personally dont like something you should call names and threaten, instead find where the wrong was and present it and moderate.
Just because someone is a sponsor doen not mean that they are never wrong. I do not and did not claim to know everything,because i dont, but this happened to be a subject that i do know a lot about, and was interested in the findings.. no ill will was wished upon anybody at anytime in any of my posts, so i do not understand your pursuance in this. You just said it yourself that there is no problem with me questioning something and getting into a technicall debate-- if other people chimed in and made unreasonable remarks, how is that my fault?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:37 AM
7 Second Club

dude.... you may be right... or you may be wrong... but i can tell just from reading your posts that you seem to have a no people skills... you can say "i dont think your right" with out being a jerk... the only thing you've done is embarressed yourself by trying to persuade others that your not being a ***** bag... just say your sorry for comming off as being mean/misunderstood and go about your day...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
sorry kfp but i read this whole subject and maybe you were raised up north and are used to treating people like that but i got a hint of you being pretty mean and quick to reply...
TY, sorry that you feel that way, as that certainly was not my intension to come across like that, i really think they did not understand what i was saying because they kept refering that, i did not believe the rpms they were turning, which was not the case at all- as it was gearing and distace at a given rpm issue.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Motorboater

My initial post that you apparently took offense to when you decided to tell me to butt out and next time post something intelligent(are those good enough examples for you?), was in reference to a rule we have here that only one person may use an account, not two. this was backed up by PSJ who is co-owner here, and still needs to be resolved, so please advise how we may help there.

therefore, it was not a matter of opinion that brought my attention to this thread, yes I stated I didn't think your manner of discussing this debate was not very adult like, which has been noticed by quite a few others in this thread if you care to pay attention, but I have better things to do than ask children to play nice all day. However, I will poke in when a board rule is violated.

So, how may we resolve the account issue? will you or Val be using that account, because maybe you need to open your own?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
dude.... you may be right... or you may be wrong... but i can tell just from reading your posts that you seem to have a no people skills... you can say "i dont think your right" with out being a jerk... the only thing you've done is embarressed yourself by trying to persuade others that your not being a ***** bag... just say your sorry for comming off as being mean/misunderstood and go about your day...
DUDE-- i thought i did say that, and didnt i say to show me where i came off as being rude or slandering some one and i would gladly appoligise?? now this swipes your whole post under the rug... it just seems to me that you just want to join the bandwagon and try to discredit me. the last 20 or so posts could have been totaly avoided if silver did not come on and start name calling and threatining to where i have to defend my position. he could have just as easily sent a pm and none of this would be on here...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Motorboater

right, its all my fault.

now answer my question about the account please, thank you.

Quick Reply: 9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)