9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil,

Greg said jesel rocker arms, psi springs, x-celdyne valves, 7/16 smith brothers pushrods and I am not sure on the spelling of the valves. Sorry about that one.

Amber
Old 07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who gives a **** what Rpm's the motor turns atleast it runs the number thats all that should really count!

good luck guys!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Phil,

Greg said jesel rocker arms, psi springs, x-celdyne valves, 7/16 smith brothers pushrods and I am not sure on the spelling of the valves. Sorry about that one.

Amber
Did you guys stick with the crower lifters or swap to the jesel?
Phil
Old 07-11-2007, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Why would you go in at 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift points. That makes no sense. Talk to Greg Anderson in Pro stock. Talked with one of his crew this afternoon about my setup. If what you say is true prostock is turning theres 13,000 rpms and I know that is not right.

Amber

Yes it is normal for a maxed out combo to shift 300 to 500 rpms above peak horsepower and go through the lights 600 to 1000 rpms above peak horsepower!!! So 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift point would be correct!!

Last edited by TRW427SS; 07-11-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TRW427SS
Yes it is normal for a maxed out combo to shift 300 to 500 rpms above peak horsepower and go through the lights 600 to 1000 rpms above peak horsepower!!! So 400 to 600 rpms higher than your shift point would be correct!!
That depends on how long your engine holds power after the "peak" really.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Did you guys stick with the crower lifters or swap to the jesel?
Phil
They are running the same old crower lifters. No Jesel lifters here but they are nice!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by racer7088
That depends on how long your engine holds power after the "peak" really.

Yes and a good engine holds on long after peak and doesn't fall off like a rock!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
who gives a **** what Rpm's the motor turns atleast it runs the number thats all that should really count!

good luck guys!
The problem is that no one knows what it runs that is why there is speculation. Should run the number though.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW427SS
Yes and a good engine holds on long after peak and doesn't fall off like a rock!!
Ive seen a few motors that fit that description and are terds. I call them flat chested
Old 07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

this whole thread and no E.T.s WTF!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We are working on it.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING
YEA ! Hey Tim....
Will we see results tomorrow night?

Just sucks thats it keeps raining for us to go do more testing
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Motorboater

Whoever KFP is please ask him to start or use his own account, getting that aggressive towards a sponsor is retarded. You can argue a point without being an asswipe about it towards everyone else in the discussion, we don't need that kind of junior high bullshit in here.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING
Yeah everythings done but the computer efi gremlins have been at work. I know Joe and Amber have been working on getting it done now for 2 weeks straight! It's about typical for something like this to bring everything else to a stop but I think they have a few more ideas about getting it working so hopefully they can sort it out soon. When you are doing something for the first time it's always hard working the bugs out. I know when asking about these problems no one else has had any answers so far as no one has been taking this system over 9000 so far.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by revlimiter
Oh, i have seen your car go down the track last year when you claimed you put a new motor in it just for the race at milan and we were supposed to be shocked then. i dont think it went any faster than 10.70.. the day you helped tosto rebuild his trans at the track in case you forgot..
so just to help you out a little so that you dont have to rev 10000 rpms to go 60 feet, your clutch is NOT supposed to slip all the way to 4th gear
actually they saved my a$$, and rebuilt my trans on the back of my open trailer with the headlights from Stephen Stumpfs jeep providing the light! i had tuneup issues with the car, and with a little luck was still able to walk away with a 1K in my pocket! as they say the fastest car doesn't always win...mine definitely wasn't that day! ....in case you forgot, hold on you did.

racer7088,

amen to your statement! been there done that, oh hold on i am still doing it.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Whoever KFP is please ask him to start or use his own account, getting that aggressive towards a sponsor is retarded. You can argue a point without being an asswipe about it towards everyone else in the discussion, we don't need that kind of junior high bullshit in here.
If you wanted to know who i am all you had to do is ask, I am the one that built rev limmiters low 9 sec na ls1, and matt366ls1's motor that are on this board. I was pointing out some obvious flaws ( especially about the clutch ) in their claims,and as far as i know you didnt have anything to do with the discussion, so you need to stop the name calling and just bud out. talk about jr high.. now if you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion please feel free.
KFP
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by taner
actually they saved my a$$, and rebuilt my trans on the back of my open trailer with the headlights from Stephen Stumpfs jeep providing the light! i had tuneup issues with the car, and with a little luck was still able to walk away with a 1K in my pocket! as they say the fastest car doesn't always win...mine definitely wasn't that day! ....in case you forgot, hold on you did.

racer7088,

amen to your statement! been there done that, oh hold on i am still doing it.
My bad , i thought it was tostos trans they rebuilt, was only meant to be a reference date that they wouldnt forget.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Motorboater

If you wanted to know who i am all you had to do is ask, I am the one that built rev limmiters low 9 sec na ls1, and matt366ls1's motor that are on this board. I was pointing out some obvious flaws ( especially about the clutch ) in their claims,and as far as i know you didnt have anything to do with the discussion, so you need to stop the name calling and just bud out. talk about jr high.. now if you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion please feel free.
KFP
A--I will not be drawn into your rotten attitude,I'd rather help you fix it and act like an adult on our site, just like the rest of the guys on here that have your obvious technical know-how, but who can participate without being incredibly rude to everyone they are debating with on any given subject.

B--EVERY discussion in here I have something to do with, that's what a moderator does.

C--I'm not a ban happy supermod at all, I don't even like to threaten people with that, but I do have the ability to do so. My best advice to keeping your posting privledges on this board intact would be to abide by my reasonable request and maybe pick your battles a litte more wisely, as I will win, I promise
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
A--I will not be drawn into your rotten attitude,I'd rather help you fix it and act like an adult on our site, just like the rest of the guys on here that have your obvious technical know-how, but who can participate without being incredibly rude to everyone they are debating with on any given subject.

B--EVERY discussion in here I have something to do with, that's what a moderator does.

C--I'm not a ban happy supermod at all, I don't even like to threaten people with that, but I do have the ability to do so. My best advice to keeping your posting privledges on this board intact would be to abide by my reasonable request and maybe pick your battles a litte more wisely, as I will win, I promise
A-- first of all i did not have a roten attitude towards anyone,( and again-- pointing out some discrepencies ) is not rotten, but a debate is exactly what it is.
B-- no you were NOT part of this disscussion untill you got a big head about being a moderator and started calling ME names.
C-- a supermod is exactly what you are being by calling me names then threatening privillages, so you can tell everbody that you always win- but that would in my opinion be a step back for you and this board. how is anybody supposed to learn anything if what they are being told is not the truth..???? even if it was not meant to be a stretch of the truth.
D-- so i challange you to go back through the posts and find where I supposedly got rotten with someone ( even someone that was not part of this discussion ) and i would gladly appoligize because there was no intent in doing so. but untill then why come in and just try to stomp a perfectly good discussion where someone that doesnt know any better can learn fact from fiction.
E-- so please do not delete this thread so other people can see what you are trying to do and how unfair you really are being.
F-- if you have completed my challange i think you will find that you were the only one name calling and threatining.
G-- This is not meant to be an attack toward you, but hopefully help you understand how to be a better person.
ty, KFP
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it would be easier if you would stop lying, or at least get your facts straight first.
Your outrageous spewing is illogical. Suppose the facts are not straight. There is still no justification for thinking they are not believed to be facts. A false statement is then merely a mistake, not a lie. You also don’t realize the implication of your “or at least”. You probably think you are softening your stupid slander. The quote actually means that you don’t expect a liar to stop lying so you will settle for facts. That makes no sense. Instead of carelessly dropping the L-bomb, you should be a bit less honest yourself. Try to fool people into thinking you’re not a jerk.

Quick Reply: 9800 RPMS of Pure Fun:) Sneak Peak:)