Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor camshaft from Thunder Racing.....who has info on it

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will let you know first hand that the "raptor" is a awesome cam. I just had one istalled myself at thunder and could not be happier with it. With my cam and head set-up my potential is limitless. I absoulutely would go with this cam again if i had another ls to put it in.........one word..... Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00firehawk
I will let you know first hand that the "raptor" is a awesome cam. I just had one istalled myself at thunder and could not be happier with it. With my cam and head set-up my potential is limitless. I absoulutely would go with this cam again if i had another ls to put it in.........one word..... Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks man, FINALLY someone who owns this damn thing. My plans changes a little bit over the last few months. I am keeping my 224 cam, and keeping my patriot stage 2 heads. Hopefully with that very mild street motor it will push my race car into the 10s without spray. Im praying that the light weight, proper gear, stall, and tune will make this happen.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RapTR

I have ran this Camshaft and am currently carrying it over to my Iron Block build. Very Impressive bottom end Torque , Power band is broad and pulls super hard up top in the mid to high rpm range. snappy and responsive throttle response as well as descent driveability with such cam of that size. Laid down 377 hp on mustang dyno and 414 hp thru a TCI SSF3500 on DynoJet thru 2.73 gears.2000 LS-1 cam only, Stock Injectors Max'd Out, LS-6 Intake, Stock Ported TB, 25% UD SLP, MSD 8.5 wires, Patriot 650 lift springs, Comp 7.425 pushrods, LS-7 Lifters,Hooker Super Comp 1-3/4 LT's, Off Road Y, Loud Mouth 2.(old setup) Highly satisfied.

Quick Reply: Raptor camshaft from Thunder Racing.....who has info on it