Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carpet

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Default carpet

Trying to keep the race weight down looking for light weight molded carpet for 4th gen camaro, what are you guy using?
Old 11-16-2009 | 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

I bought Speed Inc's lightweight molded carpet. Not bad at all.
Old 11-16-2009 | 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOLO
I bought Speed Inc's lightweight molded carpet. Not bad at all.
I bought pep boys carpet, its takes more time and glue to make fit but its only 4.5 lbs vs stock 35lbs, I think the speed ink is about 15lbs, maybe heavier, it to is molded like stock, I have the pep boys and there are a few rinkles in it, but most people don't see it, I think you can get the same carpet I have at O'Rileys
Old 11-16-2009 | 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

the pep boys is molded though? whats it valued at?
Old 11-16-2009 | 08:13 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

I have seen the speed inc carpet, it's nice and fits well, but you can ozite a car for about 1/4 the weight of the speed inc carpet, and if you take your time it will come out good.

I've done several cars now, and all of them have come out good, each one getting better.

I get the ozite from yourautotrim.com, the 80 inch wide stuff so I can use one piece for the entire width of the car. Just slice and pie cut out where the flaps are, and it sorks pretty good.
Old 11-16-2009 | 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can but the pep boys, same as Ozite for $25!!
Old 11-16-2009 | 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got the speedinc. And very happy with it. I posted some info and pics, new and installed on my build thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ch-diet-8.html

Its 3/4 lenght (stops at the top edge up tp the hatch flat) So you need to cover that top parts witch is easy with some really light stuff that dosn't have to mold. Its molded and fits very nice, has a molded/sewed heel pad. That I really wanted to have being a M6 car. I dont run a floor mat, the spenda/ortize stuff is very light duty, and starts to fluff, and fall apart from wear. I don't htink it was that much I think I paided like $160 shipped? there was a sale on them, when I called about it I didnt see posted on here. Its nice too you can remove it easy and it gose right back in, Ive taken it out a few times. To do welding, and cutting on the car, and to get the car as light as possably for the good DA end of the year, so that was nice, then having the glued in ortize I could see.
Its comes soild in the middle so if you don't want to run the concel it looks alot better. It was 12.9#'s with the padding under it, soild. I cut some out under the shifter, concel, the top middle to fit it under the dash. A few inches along the side, but left it big that gose over the rear wheel wells, under the rear arm rest panels. To help with some noise hopfully. But if you wanted you could get it a few pounds lighter. I gutted my stock carpet and it was only like 8-9#'s removed, still 25#s I blive and just as loud as the speed inc. so I wouldnt bother with that unless, its in your buget for a "free" mod.
Old 11-18-2009 | 08:26 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys i think im going with speed inc.
Old 11-18-2009 | 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by studderin
I got the speedinc. And very happy with it. I posted some info and pics, new and installed on my build thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ch-diet-8.html

Its 3/4 lenght (stops at the top edge up tp the hatch flat) So you need to cover that top parts witch is easy with some really light stuff that dosn't have to mold. Its molded and fits very nice, has a molded/sewed heel pad. That I really wanted to have being a M6 car. I dont run a floor mat, the spenda/ortize stuff is very light duty, and starts to fluff, and fall apart from wear. I don't htink it was that much I think I paided like $160 shipped? there was a sale on them, when I called about it I didnt see posted on here. Its nice too you can remove it easy and it gose right back in, Ive taken it out a few times. To do welding, and cutting on the car, and to get the car as light as possably for the good DA end of the year, so that was nice, then having the glued in ortize I could see.
Its comes soild in the middle so if you don't want to run the concel it looks alot better. It was 12.9#'s with the padding under it, soild. I cut some out under the shifter, concel, the top middle to fit it under the dash. A few inches along the side, but left it big that gose over the rear wheel wells, under the rear arm rest panels. To help with some noise hopfully. But if you wanted you could get it a few pounds lighter. I gutted my stock carpet and it was only like 8-9#'s removed, still 25#s I blive and just as loud as the speed inc. so I wouldnt bother with that unless, its in your buget for a "free" mod.
looks good im going to order mine from speed inc. what color did you order is that graphite??or grey

Last edited by kline454; 11-18-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:18 AM
7 Second Club

Ozite in my car, works awesome. DAP weldwood contact cement to hold it down. http://www.yourautotrim.com/80wideozite.html
Old 11-18-2009 | 11:37 AM
7 Second Club

Guys, please keep the for sale stuff out of the thread.

Derek
Old 11-18-2009 | 02:23 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Ozite in my car, works awesome. DAP weldwood contact cement to hold it down. http://www.yourautotrim.com/80wideozite.html
The DAP is good under your feet... I wouldn't do the whole car with that though, if you have to take the carpet out (like I am for the 3rd time LOL) it's NEVER going to come out.

I'm really not looking forward to it this time, with the dap in there, it's gonna be a pita. I have a feeling, a heat gun, putty knife and some type of solvent is going to be needed, hopefully it doesn't eat paint
Old 11-20-2009 | 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

i have to get some carpet over the winter, how many yards are you guys buying of the ozite..
Old 11-20-2009 | 04:11 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

4 or 5 if you are going to reuse the factory trunk liner, if you want to do the trunk area too, get 6. If you're worried that you may make a mistake, get the 5, the extra may come in handy for a patch up if needed.
Old 11-20-2009 | 05:14 PM
8 Second Club

I used the pepboys in mine turned out pretty good, only cost me like $40 to do the whole car and weighs next to nothing.
Old 11-21-2009 | 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we dont have pep boys or oreillys around us..wonder if autozone or advance sells the same thing??
Old 11-21-2009 | 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

autozone does, whtas what I used. i think it took 4 rolls and as siad above it doesnt weigh much. The only real problem Ihad was in the holes where the rear seats used to be. But loks good overall. I also used the stock trunk carpet

Quick Reply: carpet