Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which drag radial?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

suspension suspension suspension

3440 with me in it, 275/50's, 15x10's, Qa1's at 3 in the front, 6 in the rear, stock rear sway bar, no front sway bar, MWC moly rod ended short TA, LG Motorsports aluminum rear lcas, lca brackets on the bottom hole, stock springs, 300lb in front.

Lowest psi i've run in them cold was about 15/16. Hooks on went grass. I just have a bolt on car . Its all about the suspension setup. Doesn't matter if your running slicks or radials, Big tire or small tire, stock suspension or the other. If you can't tune your suspension for for track conditions, your fucked any way you slice it.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1_bad_TA
suspension suspension suspension

3440 with me in it, 275/50's, 15x10's, Qa1's at 3 in the front, 6 in the rear, stock rear sway bar, no front sway bar, MWC moly rod ended short TA, LG Motorsports aluminum rear lcas, lca brackets on the bottom hole, stock springs, 300lb in front.

Lowest psi i've run in them cold was about 15/16. Hooks on went grass. I just have a bolt on car . Its all about the suspension setup. Doesn't matter if your running slicks or radials, Big tire or small tire, stock suspension or the other. If you can't tune your suspension for for track conditions, your fucked any way you slice it.
I'll buy that for a buck! I agree! Dont get me wrong, I have seen A LOT of guys getting it done on 275 radials, I've just seen a lot of blow runs as well and been going through a headache my own damn self trying to fine tune my suspension to hook up. I have done everything that people have told me to and bought stuff people told me I needed or that would help and still no luck. I have some more adjustments to make but still dont think it will hook up.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

ITs all about the suspension! If you cant tune it or get someone to, you will never hook. The best bang for the buck typically is front qa1 or equivalent and a good rear shock.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by second_2_none
I never compared the two, I just stated that I can dead hook on shitty 245 nitto 555r's on motor. But when I'm on the gas I cant hook up with my 275/60/15 M/T radials. I'm on a drag radial so why would I be scared of it??? Anyways I'm done with this thread because people always chime in how they were able to hook up, so that means everybody else can. There are a lot more that dont hook that can, and even for the ones that do hook up on a radial, they have just as many blown runs as successful runs. I watch the classes here and I know what I see. I know you, and everybody on this thread claim that you dead hook every single time you go out so I dont care anymore. Like I said before, lets just all agree to disagree.
You said you couldn't hook on the bottle and never mentioned the tire swap in your post, you only mentioned the Nitto tire.
I never said I ALWAYS HOOK on the drag radial. In fact, see my second response in this thread where I said I run a slick for my open comp/transbrake stuff due to the more forgiving nature of a slick, especially on 140+ degree summer tracks.
Guess we agree more than disagree.
I'm just taking issue with people that poo-poo a drag radial that haven't tried running them to the fullest extent. A couple runs with sub-par suspension and/or settings, air pressure, track conditions, car set-up, etc etc etc.

As I stated in both my recent posts, I'm not trying to stir the pot or but sometimes people get the wrong impression based on incomplete data they read.

After all, racing is supposed to be fun, and learning is always a part of that....

Derek
Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Villain281H
You said you couldn't hook on the bottle and never mentioned the tire swap in your post, you only mentioned the Nitto tire.
I never said I ALWAYS HOOK on the drag radial. In fact, see my second response in this thread where I said I run a slick for my open comp/transbrake stuff due to the more forgiving nature of a slick, especially on 140+ degree summer tracks.
Guess we agree more than disagree.
I'm just taking issue with people that poo-poo a drag radial that haven't tried running them to the fullest extent. A couple runs with sub-par suspension and/or settings, air pressure, track conditions, car set-up, etc etc etc.

As I stated in both my recent posts, I'm not trying to stir the pot or but sometimes people get the wrong impression based on incomplete data they read.

After all, racing is supposed to be fun, and learning is always a part of that....

Derek
Its all good man, I've just had bad luck on a radial so far and seen some others as well, but have seen a lot of people do great on them. To be honest its hard to tell if my suspension is off or if I'm fighting bad track prep. But I recently bought some front DA strange shocks and some comp 3 ways for the back, figured they would work for now since I'm an auto. But I have seen amazing things done on just a 275 radial. I'm just so fed up trying that I'm about to try my luck with a slick.

Quick Reply: Which drag radial?