Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UMI upper control arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:11 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going to be amazed on how that thing leaves the line, especially when you do all at once. Just get all adj. stuff "ball parked" and make adjustments as you go along.
Old 09-21-2010 | 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Your going to be amazed on how that thing leaves the line, especially when you do all at once. Just get all adj. stuff "ball parked" and make adjustments as you go along.
I better!

She'll be a full suspension car after this. I'll see how she traps with the 26.5" DR's before I decide on on some Hoosier QTP's or ET streets on drag wheels. I'm currently running some Bilstein HD's with ground control perches on 160 lb. rear springs. I wouldn't mine some AFCO rears later on. Hopefully the drag bar will promote me totally ditching the front bar and get a little better street manners but we'll see.

Should be a totally different car when all this **** goes in.
Old 09-21-2010 | 07:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I better!

She'll be a full suspension car after this. I'll see how she traps with the 26.5" DR's before I decide on on some Hoosier QTP's or ET streets on drag wheels. I'm currently running some Bilstein HD's with ground control perches on 160 lb. rear springs. I wouldn't mine some AFCO rears later on. Hopefully the drag bar will promote me totally ditching the front bar and get a little better street manners but we'll see.

Should be a totally different car when all this **** goes in.
I'll tell you now, going from NO front sway and NO SFC's to a Weld in SFC's and Drag Bar the car went from a "busted ravioli" to very tight, positive turning. Night and Day diff does not do it justice on how I describe it. I am a ET Drag guy but I think either tire will "work". I should be getting to the track very soon and I get to see if the singles can work at my power level and weight.
Old 09-21-2010 | 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I'll tell you now, going from NO front sway and NO SFC's to a Weld in SFC's and Drag Bar the car went from a "busted ravioli" to very tight, positive turning. Night and Day diff does not do it justice on how I describe it. I am a ET Drag guy but I think either tire will "work". I should be getting to the track very soon and I get to see if the singles can work at my power level and weight.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear my car will finally be coming together. I've been building it since 2003 and accomplishing one goal just seems to be leading to another.

11.5 second streetcar with AC, heat, and stereo in the wheezy Colorado air is the current goal. And hopefully a trip to Kansas will get me a 10 sec. slip.

Quick Reply: UMI upper control arms