Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sneaky EVO 8???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sneaky EVO 8???

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but what kind of horse power to the wheels would an evo 8 put down in order to run a consistant 11.7 @ an amazing 120 mph. I don't know any thing about these d cars but they sure are strong.

First of all he only wants to race me from a dead stop but I'm asking for a roll which he says NO WAY!!! Dead stop only. I seen his car run at sac raceway. His best 60 is a 1.7 spinning somewhat through first. He's on an e85 tune from what he tells me and is on a stock turbo.

So does this sound right. He claims he only puts down 350 to the wheel but I think it's more with this kind of trap speed. So tell me what you guys think!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on weight and correction factor. My Nova makes about 390 rwhp and runs 119 mph in good air @ 3600 lbs as a comparison (not a great example, but...)

Derek
Old 09-12-2010, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Well my car is 400 rwhp full weight ss and runs 120 trap. So what I'm trying to figure out is a car that has AWD must have a lot of drive train loss thus must have more ponies to the wheel in order to run those kind of trap speeds. My guess would be 420 - 450 WHP.

But who knows, maybe an import guy can chime in, maybe one who even drives an EVO.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of my good friends has an evo on a stock frame turbo, upgraded injectos, full exhaust and an e85 tune and when we run from a 20-130 roll i hope out at first and he literally hangs at my back bumper the whole time. he makes ~400 wheel on a dynojet and around ~350 on a mustang dyno. im cam only with 410s
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

SOB so these little four bangers are Fu*cking quick. Then this guy should beat me as my car is still on stock 3.42. Dam I guess I gotta use the spray then. For some reason I feel I can pull him on a roll. I'm willing to bet money that I can. ^^^^^but if what u say is true then maybe I need to reevaluate before I run this guy.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

they pull retardedly in 4th and 5th gear.... be careful of that
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Well the 4G63 is a great lil motor. They make stupid power on stock frame turbos. There is a company call forced performance and they take stock turbos and redo the insides and walla big power. Cams are real easy to swap in them as well. 11.7 is not that hard to do in a all wheel drive turbo 4 cylinder.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

tell him to quit being a puss and run frmo a dig and a roll. he knows he has an advantage at a dig so thats what he wants.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

my buddy had a 03 evo with bolt ons, cams, stock turbo, 31lbs of boost on race gas (104 octane), good tune, good clutch, good tires

AWD cars dont like rolls but if brake boosted they still work well

that car was the most consistent car ive seen whether you hot lapped it or not it would run 11.2's consistent everytime. he always said he felt he could get a 11.0 out of it his best 60ft was 1.58. in the street it was nicknamed the money maker around here because it raped some heavy hitter high hp cars around because of how well it worked in the street and how stock and unmodded it appeared to be. dont under estimate them he told me it put down right at 460 to the tires.

trust me they have some huge turbos out there that are in stock housings that make sick power and can very easliy go undetected.

Last edited by CaMaRo67RS355; 09-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

do like I did get some m/t DR and a 75 shot and bet him out the hole I had one think the same thing he allwas said am all wheel drive I got 2 cars out the hole and I had 2cars out the hole but thay do make good power and thay just work like said 4th gear in those cars r crazy good luck

Last edited by camaroturbo; 09-12-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know a little about these cars i'll hook up the ls1 guys, don't want to see a fellow tech'er get hustled.

my roomate has the stock turbo evo8/9 record right now for 2010. 10.6 128. car has the all time stock turbo record of a 10.21 132-133 i belive.
stock mitutec 9 motor/car , i forogt the spelling just head studs. 272/284 cams. i ported the 9 turbo and maifold, could use some more work still, but alot better then the other ported manifolds for thosue cars. car will have a open dump, no stock cast iron 02 houseing off a stock turbo.
the car is really light, 2500-2500 with gas. tub front end, non vented rotor drag brakes, lots of carbon body parts. e85 tune. aem, boost is think 30-35psi turned up, i can find out tomrrow. i'd look now but i'm banned form evo m look for a smaller battery and a shorter ic piping, i don't know the main thing but its diffrent then stock.

350whp can run some fast times. thats awd and alot of thouse shops use mustang dynos. his old evo8 went 11.1 at 125 with only 343whp on 93. i'd look at that to what a normal 450whp ls1 street driver would run.

to go fast on a stock turbo, its gona but a turned up tune. like 30-40psi. most guys don't drive around running that boost the stock turbos don't last for lots of street miles, but some do, the fast guys. same as spiining a stock ls1 over 6800.
if hes running e85 its gona need a big fuel system to support that. like loud fuel pump/s, bigger line. i'd look for that, if you see a stock fuel rail and line i dont think its gona be a fast stock turbo setup. and i dont think guys run the stock pcm/ecm, i know out here they use aem. if the car has that they don't start up like stock. id will have to crank for 3-5 sec before it starts, but he could be a retard and just have it to be cool, but i dont know anyone going fast with the stock pcm controling the fast cars.

these are the fastest stock turbo setups but should give you a idea what the setups are to go deep 10's if you can;t cover that. i think most are street driver setups, run high 11's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOaJmIuXdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsJZqt-e6s

what tires is he gona run, this matters a lot on the street, how good is he at driving.

even awd need a good driver to go anywere. whats you car run, pm me if you want

Last edited by studderin; 09-13-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

well we raced from a dead stop and it was worthless. we did this like three times with same outcome. It was so pathetic that I'd rather not get into detail. So I played his game. So now I asked him for my roll and he said his gas tank was to full and that he doesn't know how to break boost his car. I begged him over and over and that answer was no. Again we both trap the same speed in the quarter so I think this will be a good run from a roll but for some reason he doesn't want to.

Oh yea forgot to mention this car also has a ton of fiber panels and is fully gutted. But he still has the two front seats and dash of course. The rest of the car is bare metal.

I think I want an Evo or Sti now. Anyone wanna buy my car lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by eduardo; 09-12-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: needs corrections
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

oh i forgot about the other 'stock looking turbos' the red/black you can make 5-600wheel i think. i know mostwanted went 9.4s, i think even a 9.0 is a stock housing turbo.

you could really get hustled on one of thosue.

thats 2nd vid is me on dr, on the stock z28 rims. awd what.....
click on the youtube links there some more info on the cars there if you read around.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by studderin
oh i forgot about the other 'stock looking turbos' the red/black you can make 5-600wheel i think. i know mostwanted went 9.4s, i think even a 9.0 is a stock housing turbo.

you could really get hustled on one of thosue.

thats 2nd vid is me on dr, on the stock z28 rims. awd what.....
click on the youtube links there some more info on the cars there if you read around.
thats what you got to be careful for right there fp red and black are some bad *** turbos that are in stock appearing housings but have made over 600 pretty easily...
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Those cars can run, there were 2 in mt area, high 10's low 11's, I know they had cams, and upgraded turbo in a stock housing. With a bunch of dust in the engine compartment lol. I never got a chance to race them but I would have sweated it, most important thing in a street race is the jump, so i would have tried to take the jump. I've raced a couple other turbos 4 cyls and you gotta watch out with the hp cause once they start rolling through them gears they'll creep up. I use to do alot of street racing with cars that ran 10's at the track, and it was always a shock to them when I would handle up with my car. Main thing is hooking on the street.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by eduardo
well we raced from a dead stop and it was worthless. we did this like three times with same outcome. It was so pathetic that I'd rather not get into detail. So I played his game. So now I asked him for my roll and he said his gas tank was to full and that he doesn't know how to break boost his car. I begged him over and over and that answer was no. Again we both trap the same speed in the quarter so I think this will be a good run from a roll but for some reason he doesn't want to.

Oh yea forgot to mention this car also has a ton of fiber panels and is fully gutted. But he still has the two front seats and dash of course. The rest of the car is bare metal.

eh dont give up, get a set of 4.11s and give they guys at mickey thimpson a call. you gotta remember a car like that doesnt have much (usually) after the first 100 ft so if you can hang with him out the hole you just gotta bang gears up top and walk on by him. Plus its really run to see the look on their faces when they launch on you and expect to pull you the first 60ft and they look over and your nose is right there next to theirs lol

Originally Posted by CaMaRo67RS355
thats what you got to be careful for right there fp red and black are some bad *** turbos that are in stock appearing housings but have made over 600 pretty easily...
dont forget the FP Greens either. I know they dont make as much power as the reds and blacks but they are getting some serious numbers and quick quick spool time out of those too
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

I had one try to race me. With slicks on i got him from a dig and pulled on him. He said he ran 11.2 but no way how much i pulled on him. I figure,he has a turbo and i have two stages of n.o.s that puts me deep in the 9's if i need it.....but i didn't.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

If I had some gears and some good tires I know I'd give him a good run. I do have a 150 wet shot in my car. But of course that's only for insurance. From where I'm from nitrous isn't even really necessary. Having and old 5.0 or an iroc-z living in Stockton you'd be considered top dog. But anyhow he won't give me a roll so it's what ever.

He basically says he doesn't want to ruin his reputation. At least he admitted that he knows that I'd beat him from a roll. Nice guy but just doesn't want to lose.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eduardo

stop spending your money on parts to make hp and spend it on making the car hook... heres a video of my car against a Evo that runs consistent 11.2's and has ran a 10.9 at sacramento raceway... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkwsKgZPBo
Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sicws6
stop spending your money on parts to make hp and spend it on making the car hook...]
I'm with you. Any grandma can roll race. I will only run from a dig.

Quick Reply: Sneaky EVO 8???