Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9s CAM ONLY new record !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
Chris1313 1.35 60ft was at a race weight of 3250lbs cam only.His y pipe was real crap,as he had a new pipe made last year and the tq gain was 38 flbs from the pipe change alone.It would of gone a sub 1.30 with 350 lbs gone and the better flowing pipe.Congrats on the record though!!!!! Old thread back from the dead.
Chris car flys I think he has a very god shot at the heads cam record with some tweaks
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Ha Ha. I am Sure I will catch some flak from some.

Isnt any after the LS1 Conversion. Just sucks that it tosses you in the Hybrid categorey when it comes to records.

Dont worry. I have been called worse LOL.
As for the record. We will make or attempt at it. I am not scared of throwing the money at it to see it through.
Of course it will be with a True LS1 Car, not a swap car for all the Technical people.
Subscribing to this...

Please post lots of picture...

Good luck to the challenge..
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isnt any after the LS1 Conversion. Just sucks that it tosses you in the Hybrid categorey when it comes to records.

Of course it will be with a True LS1 Car, not a swap car for all the Technical people.
he isnt in the hybrid category. that list was editted as a joke. the real list shows it correctly. also, it isnt the only swap car on the list. magnus' car started as a 97 v6 firebird and that was never an issue.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Launching!

did I miss the timeslip? Congrats on the time.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 9sec93
he isnt in the hybrid category. that list was editted as a joke. the real list shows it correctly. also, it isnt the only swap car on the list. magnus' car started as a 97 v6 firebird and that was never an issue.
You guys take this too seriously. I know it was a joke. I was just rubbing it in. It really bout as comical as fly cut pistons and rod bolt being a performance enhancement.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
I might possibly know that the modified piston by itself won't make more power. Only the clueless would cut the piston, lower the static compression for a cam profile that doesn't need the room.
The material removed from the pistons for these valve reliefs will however make the pistons lighter. This will have different effects that I'm not getting into here.

The larger camshaft that will now fit because of these modified pistons WILL make more power.
Guess they cant argue the facts
Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
Chris1313 1.35 60ft was at a race weight of 3250lbs cam only.His y pipe was real crap,as he had a new pipe made last year and the tq gain was 38 flbs from the pipe change alone.It would of gone a sub 1.30 with 350 lbs gone and the better flowing pipe.Congrats on the record though!!!!! Old thread back from the dead.
what Y-pipe was on that car to suck that much torque out of it? i saw that posted somewhere before & that's the reason i'm building a real short dual setup for my car.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
Guess they cant argue the facts
Yes we can.

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
I might possibly know that the modified piston by itself won't make more power. Only the clueless would cut the piston, lower the static compression for a cam profile that doesn't need the room.
The material removed from the pistons for these valve reliefs will however make the pistons lighter. This will have different effects that I'm not getting into here.

The larger camshaft that will now fit because of these modified pistons WILL make more power.
Lets make this real simple:

Engine A: No Fly Cuts. No Rod Bolts. T-Rex Cam.
Engine B: With Fly Cut Pistons. With Rods Bolts. With a Larger Cam.

Between the two engine's what is the common Power Enchancment? The Cam. This is "Cam ONLY" racing.

You can go into how it makes the pistons lighter and the effects that will have will have if you want to. It is still a stock GM Piston. Nit Pick it al you want to.

Game On.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Yes we can.

Between the two engine's what is the common Power Enchancment? The Cam. This is "Cam ONLY" racing.

You can go into how it makes the pistons lighter and the effects that will have will have if you want to. It is still a stock GM Piston. Nit Pick it al you want to.

Game On.
Game on I'll tell you what you bring your shop cam only car ( yes I have done a little research) to the ATCO and we'll run for some cash. I already have the 440 in my car but **** if you're willing to wager a few grand i'll be there. This is the sole reason why I didn't sell the trans,converter, gears, etc because of people were going to point and say thats not cam only. Well it is so suck on these
Old 02-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Yes we can.

Game On.
Guess you have to change the rules to your liking to help you guys out very sad this BS kills all these "internet record"
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 440LSX
Guess you have to change the rules to your liking to help you guys out very sad this BS kills all these "internet record"
Why'd you delete the call out and wager?
What rules? Its an Internet record. We're not Class Racing.
I guess we are all supposed to Follow your Rules?
Get over it. Fly Cut Pistons are common in this game. Same for Rod Bolts.
We will build the car. Come after the record. I have nothing to lose.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Change of heart, if you beat my record with a true setup more power too ya. Unlike you I know what what a true cam only setup can do, so before you even build your car please don't doubt that my setup is not true. I haven't been on tech lately but it's pretty annoying to have someone question every ounce of the setup after building the car for 3 years. Don't doubt the setup untill you can't beat the record....
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Launching!

what's the differance between modifying the piston or the head they can both be argued they are "stock". I think cut pistons shouldn't count. That's just my personal opinion.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 440LSX
Change of heart, if you beat my record with a true setup more power too ya. Unlike you I know what what a true cam only setup can do, so before you even build your car please don't doubt that my setup is not true. I haven't been on tech lately but it's pretty annoying to have someone question every ounce of the setup after building the car for 3 years. Don't doubt the setup untill you can't beat the record....
Never once did I doubt your setup or say your combo wasnt true. I congratulated you on the accomplishment and dedication it took to do what you did. It was the SSP Crew who got pissy about the rod bolts and fly cuts.

Rod Bolts and Fly Cuts have been around in the Cam only Game since the beginning. I never took anything away from your setup or accompishments due to not having eigther. You all need to get over that Fact.

I will build a "CAM ONLY" car and come after the record. Count on it. I build Turbo Setups for a living, but I am well versed in this game beyond Boosted applications.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't that what everyone else did? Bending accepted rules to suit your needs better is cool though. That way the title will belong to a real racer.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It is still a stock GM Piston.

No it isn't...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Guys look here is what it is. I do not want to take ANYTHING away from what you all did. Running the number you did was nothing short of awesome. We weren't "questioning" your authenticity, rather we were asking "technical" questions. Several people asked to see pictures under the hood and you all never once posted a picture and that is your choice to do with as you please.

When you break this down we are trying to analyze or critique your setup and to see the changes we would like to make in our attempt. All in all, it's no different than what you all did in making the selections to begin your attempt to break the record. In truth this is only fun and games. We mean no disrespect toward any of you in anyway. Please like I said before, don't take it personal. This is a friendly competition. You all have the record and we would like to come after it. This is something that is going to be difficult to attain and will take using every ounce of power and putting it to the ground just as you all did.

Any question I asked was not in an attempt to be in a pissing match, but that's what it seemed to turn it into. Normally when that happens and someone gets defensive as was the case, there is a reason for that. In my job with law enforcement when you ask someone a question if they get defensive, they are normally guilty. If they answer the question without hesitation, they are normally innocent.

Now the wager and stuff, that's a bit childish. If no one pushed the envelope or offered up friendly competition, then what is the point? If that were the case, why did you go after the record? It's all relative when you look at the broad perspective, the "CAM ONLY" as you call it is basically a super stock type category with no rules on the camshaft duration or on the lift.

We will use the rules as you all want to be used since that is how your car was built. If we can break the record, great, and if not like I said all along we know what you ran is an incredible pass because it not only broke the record, but it shattered the record by .4 of a second.

We will also most likely do another motor in an attempt to push it that much further. We have nothing to hide. Please let the bashing stop and realize we never once meant disrespect toward any of you or the accomplishment.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I will build a "CAM ONLY" car and come after the record.
Now that's funny.
Casing an Internet record that a young kid set that didn't have enough money for a REAL engine. Have fun with that.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
Guys look here is what it is. I do not want to take ANYTHING away from what you all did. Running the number you did was nothing short of awesome. We weren't "questioning" your authenticity, rather we were asking "technical" questions. Several people asked to see pictures under the hood and you all never once posted a picture and that is your choice to do with as you please.

When you break this down we are trying to analyze or critique your setup and to see the changes we would like to make in our attempt. All in all, it's no different than what you all did in making the selections to begin your attempt to break the record. In truth this is only fun and games. We mean no disrespect toward any of you in anyway. Please like I said before, don't take it personal. This is a friendly competition. You all have the record and we would like to come after it. This is something that is going to be difficult to attain and will take using every ounce of power and putting it to the ground just as you all did.

Any question I asked was not in an attempt to be in a pissing match, but that's what it seemed to turn it into. Normally when that happens and someone gets defensive as was the case, there is a reason for that. In my job with law enforcement when you ask someone a question if they get defensive, they are normally guilty. If they answer the question without hesitation, they are normally innocent.

Now the wager and stuff, that's a bit childish. If no one pushed the envelope or offered up friendly competition, then what is the point? If that were the case, why did you go after the record? It's all relative when you look at the broad perspective, the "CAM ONLY" as you call it is basically a super stock type category with no rules on the camshaft duration or on the lift.

We will use the rules as you all want to be used since that is how your car was built. If we can break the record, great, and if not like I said all along we know what you ran is an incredible pass because it not only broke the record, but it shattered the record by .4 of a second.

We will also most likely do another motor in an attempt to push it that much further. We have nothing to hide. Please let the bashing stop and realize we never once meant disrespect toward any of you or the accomplishment.
Plenty of people on this forum have seen the car, saw under the hood, watched it 60 1.31 . You told me you're going for my record so do some research just like I did for the past 3 years. Pretty sure I only have the old record by .2X
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

I guess no matter what we have wrote time and time again you all will be defensive. This is so childish to come back to see this. I have given congrats and all you take from it is a negativity. I'm done with this nonsense and refuse to continue. Also your reason for not being on tech much if I remember correctly was because you were BANNED???

Quick Reply: 9s CAM ONLY new record !!!!