Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension gurus....m6/drag sus/bias ply....vid inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this got derailed pretty hard didn't it?
OP I saw that you hurt the motor in your other thread, sorry to hear that but here's a couple thoughts on the launchs for when you're back at it.
First I'd inspect your wheels and tires to make sure everything is good. Looking at the video it seems like you let the clutch out slowly and leave pretty soft. Between that and the power you're making I can't believe you're spinning the rims that much. If you are they I guess you gotta screw them but something doesn't seem right to me there. I also wonder if it's possible that they're spinning a little during the burnout. Also IMO with your power and weight 1 on the front shocks is too loose, especially if you plan to keep slipping the clutch out the way you did in the video. It sounded like the car bogged after it left the line in the video but it's hard to hear over the other car. If then you could certainly use some tire pressure and/or rpm launch adjustments.
Good luck getting it back out and running.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your input, yeah it def got derailed!

i should be back at the track by feb, im trying to be more aggressive on the clutch, thats my car that your hearing on the vid lol..

i was going to get a good vid last friday nite but i hurt the motor so i dont have any vid of my 10.84 pass

im going to be screwing the rims soon, and im gonna try to get ahold of tyson at PAF and see if he can meet me at Cecil to work the suspension out

-brandon
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
im gonna try to get ahold of tyson at PAF and see if he can meet me at Cecil to work the suspension out
That is a good idea. He's got a good handle on how to get a car down the track, get the car to him at the shop first for an initial setup then go to the track with him so he can see what it's doing..... you'll have it right in about 5 runs if ya do that.

Quick Reply: suspension gurus....m6/drag sus/bias ply....vid inside