Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual Windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Windows

Found these regulators on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...Q5fAccessories

What else is needed to make the swap from electric to manual ? Are the door panels different ? Is this a fairly easy swap ?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would need the door panels and the crank itself. Why are you looking to do a manual window swap? It's not worth the trouble unless you have gutted all the excess wiring that goes along with it. There is very little weight savings, if any, by just swapping the regulators.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you just need crank handles really and the spacer. there are plates that replace the power switch one but it isn't necessary. the door panels have a cut out in the bottom, you cut a slit in the carpet material and the crank arm comes through that. the door itself uses different holes for the rivets. one is marked E for electric and M for manual. do that one first and everything else lines up. if you need any clarification just ask, did the swap last week.

this covers everything http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=2310
Old 12-03-2010, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

wow thats high, I think I paid $25 for everything to swap over to manual windows from a junk yard.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
You would need the door panels and the crank itself. Why are you looking to do a manual window swap? It's not worth the trouble unless you have gutted all the excess wiring that goes along with it. There is very little weight savings, if any, by just swapping the regulators.
When i get through there wont be a single wire in the door and several extra holes !!! This is a drag only car.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
you just need crank handles really and the spacer. there are plates that replace the power switch one but it isn't necessary. the door panels have a cut out in the bottom, you cut a slit in the carpet material and the crank arm comes through that. the door itself uses different holes for the rivets. one is marked E for electric and M for manual. do that one first and everything else lines up. if you need any clarification just ask, did the swap last week.

this covers everything http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=2310
Thanks man , that will be a big help, looks easy.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I'd like to know how much weight this saving removing all the ele. stuff in the car. I have a super stripped harness and would like to remove the PW.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:04 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
ya I'd like to know how much weight this saving removing all the ele. stuff in the car. I have a super stripped harness and would like to remove the PW.
If you're considering doing it solely for weight purposes, don't waste your time. We change them because we've had power motors crap out at the track with the window in the down position. Race day over....