Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone had problems with Strange? or know warranty info ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone had problems with Strange? or know warranty info ?

alright quick rundown of whats going on...bought front coilovers from Strange engineering single adjustable with 275lb springs, about 450 bucks...put them on and noticed the right side was VERY bouncy when i would try to bounce the left and right side seperatley in my garage it was almost like the shock wasent doing anything at all....i sent them back to strange and they rebuilt them and told me nothing was wrong with them...so i put them back on my car and they worked great.

not that long after i was going to check everything on my k-member so i pulled the wheels off and noticed both back c-clips on the bottom of both shocks were out of the slots and the shocks were shifted back on the mount that goes to the a-arm..i let ED at SE know about this, and let him knkow i was gonna try to fix them myself and he said call him and let him know if it works out...i fixed teh left one myself and it has a small cut in the bushing i guess from rubbing because it wasent mounted properly on the shaft...when i went to fix teh right one the bushing was fucked and all chewed up and i couldnt evecn get the c-clip to go in the slot because the bushing was so out of shape and messed up..

Strange is closed until monday and im wanting some input

Last edited by 00blacka4; 12-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how did the lower C clips get messed up? was it that way from starange or from your car, what did they say about it when you told them?

sounds like something is up with YOUR car, and messing the shocks up (2 times you think?). now YOU cut somthing on the shocks and not happy with the damage YOU did to them????
what would they warranty on them anyway?

what Kmember and arms? how many passes have you made on the shocks? hows the front end alignment on the car?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why dont you call Strange a ask them? they will know the best
Old 12-04-2010, 10:30 PM

I didnt mess anything up, as soon as i put them on the car the one shock seemed dead...so they fixed that problem...then i put them on and both shocks shifted on the bottom all the way back because something was up with teh c-clips, MWC said the c-clips were probably not in the slot all teh way and came out....they would warranty the shocks that keep messing up and put new bushings in them because the bushings have gashes and are all streached and otu of shape because of the bottom of the shock being all shifted back ruint the bushings, i did nothing wrong here studderin....and i wasent bashing anyone i was wondering if anyone has had experience with them....thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 PM

MWC k-member, stock a arms, alignment is perfect at 100 u can let go and it will go straight all day, 2 passes on the shocks before they were rebuilt but they were messed up before that it was just the last track day of the year so i ran it....shocks have almost no time on them seriously....
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 PM

and when i say "wasent mounted correctly on the shaft" it was because the c-clips had come out that holds the bushing and everything together adn they slipped back on the mount and ruined the bushings, thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 10:37 PM

how would my car mess up the c-clips that they put on ? just curious if this could happen
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

nevermind
Old 12-05-2010, 01:33 PM

^^^ this was very helpful, thanks...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call who you purchased them from. They should be able to take care of you. Strange will bend over backwards for their dealers.

225-343-9029
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Red
Staging Lane

Call Strange they've been very helpful with some the issues I've had. They respond to e-mails and they'll actually call you back.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
^^^ this was very helpful, thanks...
I had something else in there and decided to remove it.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 PM

yes strange has always been helpful with stuff, only reason i posted is because i wanted some assurance considering they are closed on the weekends and i couldnt get ahold of them, it just sucks having problems with shocks that cost so much and its a PITA taking them on and off all the time...but oh well thats what it takes to go fast i guess

Quick Reply: anyone had problems with Strange? or know warranty info ?