Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do any sponsors make an engine limiter for use w/ motor plates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Do any sponsors make an engine limiter for use w/ motor plates?

I didnt like how my spohn solids raised my motor up so much and when i had my car corner scaled and we went through and set up the suspension my friend that was doing it said he didnt like the extra angle caused by the lifter motor so ive decided with the new LS3 im going to go to a motor plate setup. Originally when i thought iw as staying cam only LS1 i had talked to madman and was just going to run a front plate but the new setup is calling for close to 900 on the bottle so i figure ill step up to a mid plate as well. or is that too much? motor should be in the mid 600s n/a

the only problem is i stilll for the life of me cant understand how to make/setup a good engine limiter and what trans mount to use. Even if i knew what to do for an engine limiter i dont have much in the way of fabrication experience/place to do it so i figure if a sponsor makes one id be more than willing to pay for one. Id obviously end up with their plates as well.

can someone help me with this and shed some light ont he subject? thanks

:edit: I have seen the madman front plates, but have never seen how their midplates run. I ahve seen the burkhart midplate and like the hoop it has. I also saw the KTS racing plates and kinda liked how they looked and also the $$

Last edited by SS4Luck; 02-01-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without hijackng too much maybe I can get an answer for my question too.

I am considering going with a motor plate on my drag strip, occational weekend toy. Now I know vibration and sound in the truck will increase but any other down sides? What kind of performance gains are seen with a motor plate? I would guess a 2-4 tenths as long as you keep traction on the shifts?

I would need a full set up and that is what the op is asking. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the engine limiter kits in stock. We call them "Fore Aft Limiters". There isnt a major performance gain with motor plates. The main reason to run them is for clearance and it ties the front of the car together making the block a chassis component. If you have to carry the weight then use it to support the chassis. We always use a poly mount on the trans.

225-343-9029
Old 02-01-2011, 05:55 AM
FormerVendor

Might consider our solid mounts if you want to save the hassle. They absolutely will not raise your motor
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motovative
Might consider our solid mounts if you want to save the hassle. They absolutely will not raise your motor
Just in addition to this, our motor plates are set-up for stock height and offset for the motor. They are pre-cut for these specs, so you won't have to worry about locating the motor, beyond bolting the plates on and setting it down on the frame.

Our mid-plate set up is pretty basic. There are two brackets that weld to the inner frame rails, which the mid-plate bolts to.

Here are the links to both the motor plates and the mid plates:

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/sho...aspx?itemid=16

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/sho...aspx?itemid=15

There are also installed photos for each part on their respective pages.

I don't have the fore aft limiter in our online catalog, but it's a pretty simple set-up as well. I'll try to post some pics today.

Give me a call if you have any more questions, or if you would like to place your order.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by custm2500
Without hijackng too much maybe I can get an answer for my question too.

I am considering going with a motor plate on my drag strip, occational weekend toy. Now I know vibration and sound in the truck will increase but any other down sides? What kind of performance gains are seen with a motor plate? I would guess a 2-4 tenths as long as you keep traction on the shifts?

I would need a full set up and that is what the op is asking. Hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone.
We have universal motor plates for the LS1 based blocks. This would be for your application, but would take a little bit more in the way of mock-up. The mid-plate would be the same as I listed above, but would also take a bit more fabrication for your application. Give me a shout if you're interested.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Steve I had talked to you before about just a front plate but never a full setup. My bday is at the end of this month, so ill be calling you in a few weeks
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
Thanks Steve I had talked to you before about just a front plate but never a full setup. My bday is at the end of this month, so ill be calling you in a few weeks
Awesome, and Happy Early Birthday. lol Call me when you're ready. I'll get ya hooked up.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

There are 2 sponsors in here offering information on products they carry. Let's leave the non-sponsor info out please. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
There are 2 sponsors in here offering information on products they carry. Let's leave the non-sponsor info out please. Thanks.

You really deleted my post?

There is more than one way to skin a cat Oranepeel, and I don't think i ever said anything negative about Madman or Burkhart's products (never dealt with motorvative, so i can't speak from personal experience). Actually quite the contrary, their stuff is badass. But, limiting the knowledge of a fellow enthusiast of other options or ideas is borderline IMO.

To each their own, and I'm sure the OP will be happy with the product from Madman and Burkhart. I know i would be!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
You really deleted my post?

There is more than one way to skin a cat Oranepeel, and I don't think i ever said anything negative about Madman or Burkhart's products (never dealt with motorvative, so i can't speak from personal experience). Actually quite the contrary, their stuff is badass. But, limiting the knowledge of a fellow enthusiast of other options or ideas is borderline IMO.

To each their own, and I'm sure the OP will be happy with the product from Madman and Burkhart. I know i would be!
I even said please and thanks. Do you want to pay Bob's way into sponsorship here? After you do that, you can post his shop name and info all you want. I didn't say you said anything negative. You clearly saw the reason I put down on why I deleted your post.

In no way am I limiting anyone's knowledge. There is a reason people ask a question and 14 other people just tell them to "google it". The information is out there if they put the footwork in to find it.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

NM..they aren't a sponsor, but I wouldn't pay over $50 for one (the fore and aft limiter, not the motor plate).

Quick Reply: Do any sponsors make an engine limiter for use w/ motor plates?