Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: 550hp on 28x10.5-15 Et drag

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke with Jon from texas speed and gave him a full rundown of my setup and specs and he recommended me with one of their custom cams the specs are:

250/260, .621/.625, 113 LSA 110 ICL, 1.7 Rocker Ratio

was told it should work very well NA and on the bottle
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That will work. I don't think the lift needs to be quite as high as it is, but it will work. Definitely going to want to keep an eye on valve springs with that, you will have to replace them somewhat often, but other then that it looks good.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My susp is nothing special. b.m.r tq arm,lca's w/relocat,b.m.r rear drag sway and hals all the way around. I set #2 front and #6 rear driver #7 rear pass. I have stock springs all around. pin angel is -2. on the 26'' tire i hook better then most i see at the track. the only one who does out hook me is a much faster on big tires.
i started gettin this when i went to m&h tires.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That will work. I don't think the lift needs to be quite as high as it is, but it will work. Definitely going to want to keep an eye on valve springs with that, you will have to replace them somewhat often, but other then that it looks good.
JL howabout something like this then? 248/254 .615/.595 112+4 , Got those specs from Vengeance, was told that should work extremely well NA and can support up to a 200shot, I'm waitin to hear back from Texas Speed and Vengeance and I'll probably go with one of the two... Might also be converting a th400 sooner than expected so I dont plan on driving the car on the street anymore so i definatly want something agressive
Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Default X3 on the skatter slield

check this out.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtJUVyEyYY
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

thats ok, i already have one and im going th400 so
Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you put a Th400 in the car put a CSR scatter shield on that too.. they can do the same thing.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow this thread is ALL OVER THE PLACE but ill be damned, JL stuck thru it and got that info out there for all the masses!
z28kid, every other post has something different stated about your setup...how can we/JL help you if you are giving different info on ur setup all the time? You say you had qa1;s all around and acted like u knew about settings, and then you said u only had them on the rear, fronts are blown, then you said you had stock front and rear and all qa1s were blown, THEN you said you tried the rears and they were leaking and you had no idea how to set them up and what the numbers meant. ALSO, you said you had brand new tires and thats why you were doing a long burnout at first and now ur saying you have bald nittos on the car....which is it?
Im not trying to be a dick, dont take it that it way, we are here to help and JL has provided a **** load of info, which is great but if you want logical, HELPFUL, accurate answers, we need the same type of info about the setup.
Good luck getting her dialed in. That front is waaay too high, I dont lilke how it sits. Hopefully getting some new shocks/springs in there and a good alignment will level her out. That alone can make a big difference on your wheel hop and spinning issues.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
wow this thread is ALL OVER THE PLACE but ill be damned, JL stuck thru it and got that info out there for all the masses!
z28kid, every other post has something different stated about your setup...how can we/JL help you if you are giving different info on ur setup all the time? You say you had qa1;s all around and acted like u knew about settings, and then you said u only had them on the rear, fronts are blown, then you said you had stock front and rear and all qa1s were blown, THEN you said you tried the rears and they were leaking and you had no idea how to set them up and what the numbers meant. ALSO, you said you had brand new tires and thats why you were doing a long burnout at first and now ur saying you have bald nittos on the car....which is it?
Im not trying to be a dick, dont take it that it way, we are here to help and JL has provided a **** load of info, which is great but if you want logical, HELPFUL, accurate answers, we need the same type of info about the setup.
Good luck getting her dialed in. That front is waaay too high, I dont lilke how it sits. Hopefully getting some new shocks/springs in there and a good alignment will level her out. That alone can make a big difference on your wheel hop and spinning issues.
The reason for this is because I purchased the car with the QA1s on it already so I had no idea how to adjust them or what not. I only knew the fronts were leaking because i noticed after a couple months I noticed how how bouncy the front end was getting on the street and saw oil leaking from them. I didnt have enough time to send them out and get them rebuilt in time for the event I was running. After the event I tried to adjust the rears when I adjusted my panhard bar to center the rear and noticed the rear drivers side would leak everytime I softened it. As for the tires, the slicks were brand new, I literally pealed the stickers off at the track so that explains the long burnout. The car is also driven on the street so obviously I dont drive around with full blown slicks on the car. I have a street tire for that which were my nitto 555rs but they are completely bald now. Obviously the biggest problem right now is the shocks being blown which explains why the car had no weight transfer, and the nittos being bald along with blown shocks which will explain the wheel hop and the car kicking out on the street
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow a lot of good info on launching/suspension set up.

sub'd just for JL's replies
Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

any updates on the car/setup?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdubbzz
any updates on the car/setup?
X2. Read through the whole thread and want to see if you made any changes or how its running now?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tboysen00
X2. Read through the whole thread and want to see if you made any changes or how its running now?
got into a fender bender on the street....since then I have decided to only track the car. Rebuilt the QA1s all around, added a fiberglass hood, kirkey seat, and interior is fully gutted along with a lightweight steering column,fiberglass dash,lightweight steering wheel on the way. Alot of weight has been taken out from the car since then. Also going with a custom grind cam from Pat G in the 24x/25x duration....havent ran the car this season yet though
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28kidd
got into a fender bender on the street....since then I have decided to only track the car. Rebuilt the QA1s all around, added a fiberglass hood, kirkey seat, and interior is fully gutted along with a lightweight steering column,fiberglass dash,lightweight steering wheel on the way. Alot of weight has been taken out from the car since then. Also going with a custom grind cam from Pat G in the 24x/25x duration....havent ran the car this season yet though
Cool, well post some pics and vids when you get her back together.

Quick Reply: Help: 550hp on 28x10.5-15 Et drag