Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Built Like A Brick Shit House" Procharger Bracket For The Big Boy's!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Built Like A Brick **** House" Procharger Bracket For The Big Boy's!

Finally, Someone has put an end to the pain and suffering of the procharger bracket flexing issues for the larger F series Prochargers! Dan Schoneck from schoneckcomposites.com has made a bullet proof bracket for the big boy's!

I have an F1C and been fighting with numerous other set up's for the past 2 years. From fighting belt slipage on the 8 rib set ups, to flexing brackets and throwing belts on the cog set ups.

I had a LS1 built by Mark at Campbell Automotive in Edmonton, Canada, and they kept running into bracket flexing issues on the engine dyno. They finally told me they twisted the old cog kit "all to ****" and told me to take a look at this one from schoneck composites out of Minnesota. He showed me this link http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=372769 and i was sold. Mark from Campbell Automotive said Dan Schoneck was super easy to deal with. We had my motor tying up the engine dyno at the shop and needed a cog bracket kit... like yesterday, and Dan air freighted a kit out the next day. Mark said it was really easy to put together and it doesn't move at all under full load. The F1C procharger made 19-20 Lbs of boost and as you can see in these video's the bracket is the real deal. Check it out.

A quick walk around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V-NWBz2O0M

An inside the dyno room view...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvfzfZjQvU

An outside the dyno room view...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulDCFx38Q_g

Here's a dyno sheet...

"Built Like A Brick Shit House" Procharger Bracket For The Big Boy's!-ls1-dyno-sheet.jpg

Mark from Campbell Automotive wanted me to put a quick thing on LS1 tech to spread the word and thank Dan at schoneck composites. He said he was a super nice guy and easy to deal with. So... Thanks Dan.

Now if i can just get some time off work to put the motor in and get this car down the track. I'll post some GO Pro video's once i make it out to the track. Can't wait!

Last edited by slowmaro98; 08-04-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this a while back on bullet. Im hoping to go with this bracket on my project if the funds allow at the time, looks very sweet.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great but why didnt you just do a crank direct drive?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slowmaro98
Finally, Someone has put an end to the pain and suffering of the procharger bracket flexing issues for the larger F series Prochargers! Dan Schoneck from schoneckcomposites.com has made a bullet proof bracket for the big boy's!
Not to take anything away from this setup because it appears very nice, but when you say FINALLY you apparantly haven't heard of Jakes Performance Fabrication who has made a bullet proof setup for a few years now.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

No your right I haven't heard of Jakes Performance Fabrication. Is it a simular set up? Ya i've been seraching for a couple years for a proven procharger bracket kit that can handle 18+ Lbs of boost. I won't name any names but let's just say the 8 rib serpentine set up see's belt slip at anything past 15 Lbs of boost. And the cog set ups that i've tried have all seen a tonne of flex in that J bracket and would constantly throw cog belts. ANyways' i love this new set up. Had no issues at all. Consistently making 20 Lbs of boost and no adjustment needed. Once the belt stretched i had to put a little more tension on it but other than that this kit rocks! It's got 35-40 dyno pulls on it and no issues at all.

Not sure why I didn't try a direct crank drive. I guess i just thought these kits would have been able to handle the power. When someone tells you they have the same kit on their car and it works just fine, i guess you just believe them and go and buy that same kit.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jakes does some very nice work and has been around for years.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The bracket that Jake makes looks like it probably have a cylinder head worth of alum in it! Thing must weigh a ton (therefore, NEVER flexing)

As long as the OP is happy with the setup he went with, good for him. If a belt fdrive is the way you want to go, it looks like the bracket from Dan, or Jake will do what's needed.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome and Phil that is one helluva procharger bracket!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Looks great but why didnt you just do a crank direct drive?

I would say cost.

This setup from Dan allows alot of the stock front drive to be used. With a gear driven set up you are looking at re-configuring everything off the front of the motor. If you are not looking to run more than a F-2 there is a cost savings to this approach. Belts have gone pretty damn fast with centrifugals, not to mention this belt set up is one of the shortest out there, minus the reverse mount like Jakes.

This set up packages very nice in the front of a F-Body car as well, without almost any modification, unlike the gear driven set ups and Jake's set up.

Depending on the goals this is a very nice alternative for Procharged F-Bodys.

Looks like a real nice RS combo. 1200HP is good power out of the 'C' and that intake. Congrats!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's a couple of Jakes on an F-Body.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I was wondering if jake would incorperate a motor plate into that back part of his bracket. That's a diesel front motor plate right there.. with that thick of a plate there's not much of a need for any lateral support that's for sure.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

I have an F1C and been fighting with numerous other set up's for the past 2 years. From fighting belt slipage on the 8 rib set ups, to flexing brackets and throwing belts on the cog set ups.

I had a LS1 built by Mark at Campbell Automotive in Edmonton, Canada, and they kept running into bracket flexing issues on the engine dyno. They finally told me they twisted the old cog kit "all to ****" and told me to take a look at this one from schoneck composites out of Minnesota. He showed me this link http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=372769 and i was sold. Mark from Campbell Automotive said Dan Schoneck was super easy to deal with. We had my motor tying up the engine dyno at the shop and needed a cog bracket kit... like yesterday, and Dan air freighted a kit out the next day. Mark said it was really easy to put together and it doesn't move at all under full load. The F1C procharger made 19-20 Lbs of boost and as you can see in these video's the bracket is the real deal. Check it out.

A quick walk around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V-NWBz2O0M

An inside the dyno room view...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvfzfZjQvU

An outside the dyno room view...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulDCFx38Q_g

Here's a dyno sheet...

Attachment 309381

Mark from Campbell Automotive wanted me to put a quick thing on LS1 tech to spread the word and thank Dan at schoneck composites. He said he was a super nice guy and easy to deal with. So... Thanks Dan.

Now if i can just get some time off work to put the motor in and get this car down the track. I'll post some GO Pro video's once i make it out to the track. Can't wait!
Thanks for the Kind words and glad I could help out. My kit is nice considering you can use factory p.s pump, water pump, sway bar and altinator and still run 7's if youd like. My kit ships @ 21lbs with out blower and crank pulley. Thats brackets stands, bolts, and idler/tensioner pulleys. You can switch the belt with loosing 2 bolts and not taking the blower off. Ive been designing procharger stuff for 7 years now and accesability and easyness has always been no one my list. No other kit out there is as simple and stong as this period!!! You can bolt it on in 10 mins......

Jakes kit is nice because of the crank support and for a all out race app, it would be a little nicer as the crank may deflect a little with my kit, as it will with any blower kit with out a bearing support. I designed a kit like that back in 05 for my sbf stuff and sbc stuff. I went 7.60's with it with a f2 back then. My main plate thou had the crank support bearing in the 3/4 alum plate versus his has it in a steel plate that bolts to the alum plate. My y plate worked on ford chevy, or what ever motor. You just had different stands off the motor. I also ran the blower pulley over the balencer so the blower was as close to the motor as possible. Pretty much the blower pulleys were at the timing cover. Now thou for all out race deals, i just recommend a gear drive. Much easier on parts and the crank.

A ls1 site is doing a video and write up on my kit. I just shipped them one for a engine they are dynoing. So im sure you'll see more of this kit.

Ive also been running a f1c kit as a 30mm kit on the street and it works very well, car makes 800rwhp threw a auto and you can peddle it, hit the rev limiter when the trans breaks and the belt holds up.

Thanks Again Helicoil and the op.

Btw op, you need a bigger cam or an intake manifold or have an issue on the exhuast port side of the head. You engine should not lose power after 6200. It should make about 1300-1350. What intake is it and cam size and do you know what the heads flow?

Later
Dan
Old 08-08-2011, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Engine builder told me the intake is restricting me. That's o.k. for now. Spending money on other things so just gotta run with what i have for now. Can't wait to let go of that tranny button!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Engine builder told me the intake is restricting me. That's o.k. for now. Spending money on other things so just gotta run with what i have for now. Can't wait to let go of that tranny button!
well is should run pretty good the way it is. Can't wait to see what it does. Let me know.

Thanks
Dan
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Bad *** build man. Lookin at doin something similar. Care to share some info on the whole engine combo. Thanks, Phil.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
9 Second Club

6.0 LS1 Iron Block, All Pro Heads, Fast Intake, 2" Kooks, E98, Big Stuff, F1C Procharger, A2W IC, TH 400, Moser 12, 4.10, 31X10.5W Tire.

Last edited by slowmaro98; 08-20-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thank for the info man. Keep us posted on the track times. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Any updates?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

A little old but any more times or people running this setup? Looking at running it with my new combo.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm also curious if anyone else is running this setup.

Quick Reply: "Built Like A Brick Shit House" Procharger Bracket For The Big Boy's!