Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great with the painted hood!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have been plagued with a few problems. Biggest being that I had some rocker failure. The car has crower stainless shaft mounted rockers, problem was some of the rocker tips were getting burned and one had quit turning under the high pressure of the springs and it eventually wore a groove into the top of the valve tip. Another problem that i was having was that a few of the adjusters were looked into place and wouldnt loosen up. I sent them back to crower and they would fix everything for free minus the shipping of course but they also gave me the option of upgrading to a new needle bearing roller tip for $90. Obviously this is an updated version of the ones i am running now due to the fact that these were one of the first sets made for these heads as this motor was built in 08'. Fast forward to trying to find a 2.125 intake valve for an et ls7 head, good luck as they dont produce that particular valve any longer. Upon removal of the head and valve i found REV X1115 laser etched into the valve tip so i contacted them only to find out that I would have to wait in order for them to turn me a new one. So i gathered all the parts i would need for the reassemble and waited on other parts to show up. During this time i contacted Kurt Urban about his steam vent system and went ahead and ordered that and started making a bracket to mount it. All parts have now been received and the car is back together. It was actually kind of nice to tear the head off the car as i wasnt sure what to expect but i found some really nice parts in there. I will be heading to the track in a few hours to make a couple 1/8th mile hits and see what kind of gains i have received from the small amount of weight reduction and addition of the vacuum pump. I know veryone likes pics so here are a few of the disassembly and how the car is currently sitting. Enjoy:

And heres how it sits this morning getting ready to be loaded up.

Quick Reply: Another build thread