Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any panhard relocation problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any panhard relocation problems?

im asking this question in this forum cause the car is a more drag race oriented car. so my question is has anyone every had an issue using the panhard bar relocation kit? does it launch the same should i upgrade to an adjustable panhard bar? also i plan on getting a 4" exhaust later so thats why im gonna need it.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some problems with mine, it would hit the panhard bar and rub. My car was pretty low. I had a 4" exhaust, ive been told you dont need a relocation bar for it but I have to call BS after having that setup. As far as the function it works just fine, most drag guys take the upper panhard out anyway but for a street car youll want the relocation bar.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I had some problems with mine, it would hit the panhard bar and rub. My car was pretty low. I had a 4" exhaust,
Same problem here, but my car is really low. If your car is still on a stock rear spring, maybe with the hose mod, I think you may get by, I did go lower on my lca brackets and this helped but not sure its enough to fix it.

After going through the experience, I'm kind of surprised that the design of this piece hasnt been changed as its a real easy fix, but I'm guessing this piece isn't a major seller. I'm really disappointed with it, for $200 its way over priced.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

my car is not lowered at all but i did do the heater hose mod just recently. i actually loved the way it sits in the rear now. when i was working on my car i noticed that the single bolt that holds that bracket in place was gone which im guessing this is the reason y i noticed some rubbing on my driver side wheel well. for now i just threw a bolt in. but i guess my main concern is how it drops the angle of the panhard bar cause normaly its at a slight angle but ive seen some pictures where it is dead level with the ground.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sofls1
Same problem here, but my car is really low. If your car is still on a stock rear spring, maybe with the hose mod, I think you may get by, I did go lower on my lca brackets and this helped but not sure its enough to fix it.

After going through the experience, I'm kind of surprised that the design of this piece hasnt been changed as its a real easy fix, but I'm guessing this piece isn't a major seller. I'm really disappointed with it, for $200 its way over priced.
Well I had a Midwest Fabbed 9" too which didnt help, it actually rubbed a hole in the exhaust pipe because the clearence was so close. I evetually switched to Strano springs which did wonders but still was pretty close. If I had kept the car I was planning on making my own upper panhard rod with different bends.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is what I did on a MWC fabbed 9".

Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ I actually did the same thing. Mine only dropped down about and inch and only had one hole but still was just enough to work.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

ok so is it suppose to be dead level ? or is it suppose to be at a slight angle ? or does it not matter?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heyfred
Here is what I did on a MWC fabbed 9".

Nice fix, I thought about making another upper brace with the bend in a different spot, but I like this better, gets panhard level again.