Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tim99ws6 25.3 Real Street 275 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awwwwww Hell. Nobody is getting along. Everyone needs to play nice.

FYI, if anyone needs a wiring solution for their car call me. I will be more than happy to hook you yo with Brian to get you taken care of.

Oh, and Tim. Happy Birthday. When ever it was. I've been drinking........
Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Awwwwww Hell. Nobody is getting along. Everyone needs to play nice.

FYI, if anyone needs a wiring solution for their car call me. I will be more than happy to hook you yo with Brian to get you taken care of.

Oh, and Tim. Happy Birthday. When ever it was. I've been drinking........

Uuuummmm. November? Lol, it's kind of like the Christmas decorations. Might as well leave them up/keep drinking now....the next bday is right around the corner!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

Gilbert's powerglide showed up Friday, so we decided it needed to be test fitted right away.

Turbo should be in VERY soon. We're really excited to unveil our newest sponsor and show off their product.

Tim is ordering some 1/2" tubing so cage rage can build the seat frame/mount, then we can really get to work on pedals, shifter, wiring, steering, finishing the steering and brakes. Thats all for now.

Last edited by deadhorse66; 09-03-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

cough!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Looks like this thread needs some love. Devlin has been pretty ill lately, so he hasn't been able to work on the car for some time. As his health has been improving, he's been out in the shop more and more, finishing the kickers on the cage, fully connecting the belly bars, mounting the turbo, etc.

Tim and I have been taking a break from this while Devlin healed up to get my little street car project rolling, and now that its out of the way I went back over to do some work to Christine. I got this little jewel painted, assembled, and most of the brake plumbing done. That's my border collie mut, Conor doing the shop foreman duty.

Burkhart fabricated 9", narrowed 5" per side. 40 spline gun drilled and star flanged Moser axles, 5/8" screw in studs. Big thanks to chuck for this awesome piece!

Huge thanks to NMRA drag radial team Jude Racing for this badass piece on loan. Strange pro aluminum center case with light weight steel spool and 3.70 pro gearset.

Aerospace dual piston calipers, also from burkhart. Quartermax plumbing kit that I almost completely used up just on the rear axle (oops).

Another shot of the massive rear binders. If we can't get our pre stage boost now, it won't be the brakes' fault. HUGE improvement over the stock pieces we were running the last time the car was out.

This one shows the low mounted ARB Chuck integrated into the housing. Big improvement over the BMR street bar we had on the car and tons lighter.

That's all I have in the photobucket account for now. I'll get more later this week!

Last edited by deadhorse66; 02-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM
GLS
Staging Lane

Updates??? Did it ever get finished?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

x2

no updates = weaksauce.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Update?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They aren't doing a Real Street Build anymore, I'm thinking a 275 car myself, but who knows?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw in an update since there were rumors starting to stew.

The build hasn't really been touched much since this past spring. Tim and I are both going through rough patches in our personal lives, and the time just isn't there. The car, however very much is. Devlin, while still battling health problems has the 25.3 cage 99% complete, it just needs a couple of joints finish welded. Brent Daniel, has mocked almost all of the hot side and begun the charge piping, and that's how it sits. The Midwest front suspension is complete and she sits on the champion cap5 front runners, with matching 15x11 double beadlock rears. Strange/aerospace brakes in between and the burkhart rear and custom valved burkhart afcos are coupled with full AEI rear suspension. The venerable 408 is in the car with the good old AEI motor plate/mid plate and limiter. Turbo is a cast 80mm magnum from modular turbo which should make for some great quick spooling. The 1.80 glide was built by Gilbert of ace racing transmissions, and is controlled via a precision performance products shifter. Then we had to put it all on hiatus.

Tim had to make the tough call and tell Devlin to stop as neither one of us had the time to pour into Christine at the moment. We will resume when everything is sorted out, but for now she has to wait. We're both looking forward to getting back at it but we just can't at the moment. I assure anyone following this thread that the next time I touch the car, there will be updates! I'm sorry for the confusion, and look forward to bragging on my best boy's car some more.

Another note: we have no intention to run X275 at this time. The car is not legal for real street with this turbo either. Ultra street is very possible, local Mean street races and KOTS stuff is the real intent.

Hope this clears the air!
Best regards,
Quint
Old 09-20-2013, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

hate to hear about the personal problems, hope you guys get sorted out soon.

good luck, Jason
Old 12-08-2016, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Tim99ws6 25.3 Real Street 275 Build