Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meziere race pump setups

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Not really, I wouldnt drive my car in the Winter, I consider mine a street car.. Just cuz you drive it all year round doesn't mean ****. What about the cars that didn't cme with AC or power windows? Or if the car is just on a diet? I think your just jealous!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread! I think the street car / race car talk is what u consider it as.. I'm in for info, wish I had some usefull info
Well it does matter, whether you want to believe it or not.....and there is a difference. Studderin had to throw a pot shot out there and I responded.

The purpose in my point was to try and see if anyone has figured out how to hook up the heat with these race pumps. I like weight reduction and it could be a way of saving some.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It is what it is, and at times there is a difference. Just because you drive your no heat, no ac having car a few hours to somewhere does not make it a street car. It does make it a race car on the street. Drive it year round, year after year. Treat it as your only car, then it's a good street car. That's what mine has been for more than 13yrs now.

I was hopeing someone had some pics or info about hooking up the heater with a race pump and if it would cool pulling up hill with a ac condensor in front of it.....you know, the stuff a street car has to do.

Studderin is talking about driving his car to Indy for the LSX shootout
Next week from upstate NY !!!
Never seen race cars do that....

Just because it's your only car and everyone else has a practical car
As there daily driver Doesn't mean everyone that's faster has a race car.
We have nasty winters here, 100" of snow a season and tons of
Salt on the roads. I would never drive my car in that.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 Stroke Racer
Studderin is talking about driving his car to Indy for the LSX shootout
Next week from upstate NY !!!
Never seen race cars do that....

Just because it's your only car and everyone else has a practical car
As there daily driver Doesn't mean everyone that's faster has a race car.
We have nasty winters here, 100" of snow a season and tons of
Salt on the roads. I would never drive my car in that.
I never said anyone that is faster has a race car. Studderin was saying that to try to prove a point that his car can drive somewhere w/o heat....well no ****....heat is pretty much a necessity but it will not stop a car from moving. I try to avoid driving my car in the snow too, it goes like ****. To me a good street car has to function in any condition. It's really easy to do a race car on the street and get rid of necessities and just have a car that starts and rolls and is only good at goin straight for a 1/4 mile at a time.

It's not like I have anything against it, it's just the differences in the builds.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The purpose in my point was to try and see if anyone has figured out how to hook up the heat with these race pumps. I like weight reduction and it could be a way of saving some.
Yes a heater can be hooked up to the race pump.
You can use the threaded port on the passenger side of the pump for your high pressure side,(same as the back heater hose fitting on a stock pump). For the low pressure hose (the front fitting on the stock pump) you can tap into the radiator near the lower radiator hose port or into the lower radiator hose itself. You can also tap into the low pressure side on the water pump, call meziere for help on this.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

This thread got stupid fast(Like usual). Can we stay on track? A few of us in here actually want to talk and learn about different cooling set ups.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1leg
Yes a heater can be hooked up to the race pump.
You can use the threaded port on the passenger side of the pump for your high pressure side,(same as the back heater hose fitting on a stock pump). For the low pressure hose (the front fitting on the stock pump) you can tap into the radiator near the lower radiator hose port or into the lower radiator hose itself. You can also tap into the low pressure side on the water pump, call meziere for help on this.
Thanks...this is the type of info I was looking for.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what do u use for the water outlet now?
Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SWeiser31
That's exactly what I'm using. I measured the best I could and I'd say its right around 21" long. Can't remember the fitting size but I know it wasn't the smallest they offer. I'm thinking it's the middle one.
thanks man 1 3/4 flex 21" looks good. Hows the car run with that, what pump model is it?

Did you go on drag week this year?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...pump-guys.html
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by studderin
thanks man 1 3/4 flex 21" looks good. Hows the car run with that, what pump model is it?

Did you go on drag week this year?
It's part # WP119S. The car seemed to run fine. I'm still using the stock temp gauge so it's obviously not incredibly accurate, but I would periodically use an infrared temp gun and shoot the water pump body. It was right around 190 degrees. I'm not sure what temp my fans are set to come on, but they've never run either. I hooked the pump and fans to the factory blower fan speed switch so if I ever need to cool it off I can without the motor running. Pump still comes on with the key too.

edit: Yes I went on drag week this year
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont think I can do that with the small battery, I have no reserve to run anything without the motor running. I'm only making 4xx whp so don't have any over heating issues from power, or need to do any fast cool downs at the track. Your talking you have it hooked to the blower (heater fan) to run the WP, and electric fans with the engine off.

But you have the pump wired normally to be on when the engine runing, with a relay? Or any kind of special temp senor control?

How was DW this year, post anything about it? I have the 1320vids I liked seeing your car, the little I think it showed up in 1-2 of them I have.
You think I should get that pump or the HD? would you change anything on your setup?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by studderin
I dont think I can do that with the small battery, I have no reserve to run anything without the motor running. I'm only making 4xx whp so don't have any over heating issues from power, or need to do any fast cool downs at the track. Your talking you have it hooked to the blower (heater fan) to run the WP, and electric fans with the engine off.

But you have the pump wired normally to be on when the engine runing, with a relay? Or any kind of special temp senor control?

How was DW this year, post anything about it? I have the 1320vids I liked seeing your car, the little I think it showed up in 1-2 of them I have.
You think I should get that pump or the HD? would you change anything on your setup?
I don't think I'll have any problems either, but it's nice to be able to if needed. Yeah the heater fan speed switch is where it's wired to, and it works just like "stock" otherwise. When the key is on, the pump is on. Don't ask me how to wire it like that though, I have no clue lol. I had a buddy do it for me. No special sensor though.

Drag Week was brutal this year!! Only 1 drive under 380 miles and the roads were terrible! My headers are beat up petty good. Other than that it was a good time as usual. 1320 wasn't there this year because speed channel was filming. Some 3rd party media BS. I think the coverage suffered because of that too.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Are any of you guys that are running without a thermostat plugging the passage between the upper and lower half of the water pump?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

can you use the stock coolant line if you get the right outlet fitting or do you have to change it?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

the upper works, not sure if you need to trim it. (a no PS cooler hose)
the lower dose not work, thats what you have to change
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 55gpm pump on mine. I don't have heat and just left the plugs in that go to the heater. I don't run a tstat. I love how fast I can cool my car down. We race the heck out of this car. I can have it back down to the temp I want after each pass in 60-90 seconds most of the time. I run both fans and turn the pump on in the staging lanes. 2 tuesdays ago we ran over 25 passes back to back with only minutes between runs. We double up so pretty much by the time we switch drivers and get buckled we are running again. The car does great on the street in the heat as well. Never had a problem cooling it. If I didn't race mine as hard as I do, I might get the smaller pump, but I am happy so far with my current pump.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

^^^^ Mind shareing your alternator belt set-up?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run a 19" flex, although i don't have a stock radiator.. I also use the 45* adapter from meziere to put the fitting at a 90 rather than the 45 it comes outta the pump, due to my alternator location. I also don't run a Tstat, and have yet to overheat it in NYC traffic.. Highest i've witnessed was 196ish... stayed fairly cool.. w/ a single derale fan...

Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
i run a 19" flex, although i don't have a stock radiator.. I also use the 45* adapter from meziere to put the fitting at a 90 rather than the 45 it comes outta the pump, due to my alternator location. I also don't run a Tstat, and have yet to overheat it in NYC traffic.. Highest i've witnessed was 196ish... stayed fairly cool.. w/ a single derale fan...

you can always tell an eletricians engine bay. i like the way you mounted the regulator too!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What water inlet size and does anybody have a part number for the correct flex hose to use?

Quick Reply: meziere race pump setups