Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meziere race pump setups

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default meziere race pump setups

I'm looking to get this setup, not sure of a few things.

Not sure about the HD one or notWP119S (35gal), WP119SHD (40gal, and a pound heavier)
For street driving. With no Tstat I think you can flow to much coolant thu the rad so it dosn't have time for it to remove heat.So It might be better to have the slower/less coolant flow. Any run both, or notice a different between to cars on this? 35GPM vrs 45 or 55gpm?

Street driving, with the stock radiator I want to use. Its light and easy to work with, for the lower radiator hose. I found someone using a c4 vette 1988-89 hose, and the gates PN 21191. That looks like a longer hose you can cut down to work. But what size fitting to use with the WP, it dosn;t come with the lower outlet fitting, so you can get 1 1/4 or 1 1/2?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...nlet-hose.html

Looking for a setup for the stock radiator, for a simple one piece hose that fits good. No clamping steel tubing on 2 pieces of hose, or putting 1 1/4 hose over a 1 1/2 fitting getto junk.
Most of the pics of setups dosn't work searching, or its race cars with smaller alum rad.

thanks guys.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

for a street car, I would go with the 55 GPM one with the termostat, still going to gain what your looking for and still be able to use the stock acc(if you run anything else)

like you said no thermostat, could be a issue on longer street drives. as far as hoses, on my race car I used the 35gpm, with -16an hose, so I would be of no help in that area.

Good luck on your findings.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

ya I'm pulling my lightweight heater. I only use it like 4-6 times a year, anyway. More just to move the car around when its snowing out. But I'm wearing a jaket anyway at that time.
I can loose some weight with the new rules for AM WCF. My heater is about 10, so looking to get the race WP so I can ditch the stock one and tencenior and run the BMR alt bracket, the race WP are a light lighter and cheaper then the street one.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just did this.
Get the Meziere 119HD.
Meziere 1.50 Inlet Nipple. WP1150
The lower hose from a '89 Corvette. Stock top hose w/o ps cooler.
I got both from O' Reilly. Gates. Part #22352 and #21727 forgot which is top and bottom.
But that's them.
Also, I have a BMR Alt. Relocation Bracket. Belt is # K060345 Gates.
The Corvette lower hose has a 1.50 inlet on the pump side. And a 1.75 inlet on the rad. side.
MikeF@S-K Speed has the lowest price on the pumps, that I found.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I've been running the Mezeir street pump for years w/o problems. How come there race pump flows less?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

not sure the motor on the street pump, but the race non HD pump is only 7pounds.

I posted a pic of the stock. I htink it was 12-13 with the tennior. And thats on the front of the car, a Big deal for loosing weight. this with me going to one fan is gona asve like 12-15pounds just in the cooling system

Originally Posted by RENE'S RAGE
Just did this.
Get the Meziere 119HD.
Meziere 1.50 Inlet Nipple. WP1150
The lower hose from a '89 Corvette. Stock top hose w/o ps cooler.
.Gates. Part #22352 and #21727 forgot which is top and bottom.
BMR Alt. Relocation Bracket. Belt is # K060345 Gates.
Corvette lower hose has a 1.50 inlet on the pump side.
And a 1.75 inlet on the rad. side.
perfect. thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

12-15lb is not worth making the the car unstreetable to me. The street pump is just a tick heavier than the the oe pump.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
12-15lb is not worth making the the car unstreetable to me. The street pump is just a tick heavier than the the oe pump.

The mezeire street WP is actually a bit heavier than the stock WP.
Why is the race pump not streetable? Mine seems to work just fine
Street driving..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Do you run ac with your race pump? I do still have my ac. It's just the race pump don't circulate as much fluid as the street according to mezeir.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Do you run ac with your race pump? I do still have my ac. It's just the race pump don't circulate as much fluid as the street according to mezeir.
No AC. My car ran 8-10 degrees cooler all summer on the street going from
The stock pump to mezeire race pump.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder how it would handle ac?? any pics? What do you do about a t-stat?Heater hoses?

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm running the 35 gpm race pump with a stock radiator. For the lower hose I just went with a flex hose, but I can't remember the length. I wouldn't worry about street diving with it either. 1400 miles in a week with all kinds of different driving and not one single problem.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

I wonder how it would handle ac?? any pics? What do you do about a t-stat?Heater hoses?
I think there's a pic in my 4 month build thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ld-thread.html
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Checked out your thread. We have a fundamental problem....I have a street car.....you have a race car on the street. You done a good job it's just the difference in our cars.

So no one has heat with the race pump??
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think I'm gona drive my car to indy next weekend, and race all motor
so sick of this race car/street car BS asking about a part, and general info and facts. Thanks but your opinion has nothing to do with the thread, and I don't care if you think you have a street car or not.

Originally Posted by SWeiser31
I'm running the 35 gpm race pump with a stock radiator. For the lower hose I just went with a flex hose, but I can't remember the length. I wouldn't worry about street diving with it either. 1400 miles in a week with all kinds of different driving and not one single problem.
Ya, I was thinking about that too. If you could just get the ribbed flex hose ti connect the lower rad to the WP and not worry about the 2 pre made bends. The stock rad is 1 3/4.... right? so you just get the metzire 1 3/4 fitting, and the universal flex hose 1 3/4. Do you know what the length is.

somthing like this
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Gates-...nch,34054.html

You guys can post some pics too, the older threads don't have pics anymore.

Last edited by studderin; 10-03-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin
so sick of this race car/street car BS asking about a part, and general info and facts. Thanks but your opinion has nothing to do with the thread, and I don't care if you think you have a street car or not.

Ya, I was thinking about that too. If you could just get the ribbed flex hose ti connect the lower rad to the WP and not worry about the 2 pre made bends. The stock rad is 1 3/4.... right? so you just get the metzire 1 3/4 fitting, and the universal flex hose 1 3/4. Do you know what the length is.

somthing like this

It is what it is, and at times there is a difference. Just because you drive your no heat, no ac having car a few hours to somewhere does not make it a street car. It does make it a race car on the street. Drive it year round, year after year. Treat it as your only car, then it's a good street car. That's what mine has been for more than 13yrs now.

I was hopeing someone had some pics or info about hooking up the heater with a race pump and if it would cool pulling up hill with a ac condensor in front of it.....you know, the stuff a street car has to do.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure about the HD one or notWP119S (35gal), WP119SHD (40gal, and a pound heavier)
For street driving. With no Tstat I think you can flow to much coolant thu the rad so it dosn't have time for it to remove heat.So It might be better to have the slower/less coolant flow. Any run both, or notice a different between to cars on this? 35GPM vrs 45 or 55gpm?
This is a internet myth. How much flow you need depends a lot on the how much horsepower you make and if your radiator, fan and shroud are up to the task. The more you can cycle the water thru a radiator the more it will cool. In most cases on a street car you will want the 55gpm pump. However if you are make under 600hp you could use the 35gpm or HD 40gpm pump on a street car. I suggest running the smooth radiator hose over the flex hose. If your engine is fuel injected it might be best to use a in line thermostat as it will help to keep you temp more consistent.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=HioSSilver;16781347]It is what it is, and at times there is a difference. Just because you drive your no heat, no ac having car a few hours to somewhere does not make it a street car. It does make it a race car on the street. Drive it year round, year after year. Treat it as your only car, then it's a good street car. That's what mine has been for more than 13yrs now.

Not really, I wouldnt drive my car in the Winter, I consider mine a street car.. Just cuz you drive it all year round doesn't mean ****. What about the cars that didn't cme with AC or power windows? Or if the car is just on a diet? I think your just jealous!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread! I think the street car / race car talk is what u consider it as.. I'm in for info, wish I had some usefull info
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

somthing like this

That's exactly what I'm using. I measured the best I could and I'd say its right around 21" long. Can't remember the fitting size but I know it wasn't the smallest they offer. I'm thinking it's the middle one.

Quick Reply: meziere race pump setups