Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post pics of your trans brake button location....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default post pics of your trans brake button location....

I have the stock steering wheel on my Camaro still. I put my trans brake button behind my shifter in the ashtray on a metal plate I made. I made my first passes with a trans brake last month and I don't really like the location of it. I'd prefer it on the steering wheel but I have a stock wheel. Anyone use the factory radio control button on the wheel? Post pics of your setup so I can get some ideas where to move it to.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is on the shifter. Cheetah has a built in button on the side so that's where mine is
Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post pics of your trans brake button location....-photo203.jpg
Old 12-11-2015, 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
Mine is on the shifter. Cheetah has a built in button on the side so that's where mine is
Little story about the Cheetah shifter and trans button.
To back up with my transbrake, you have to put the trans in neutral and hold the transbrake button.
Well one time at the track, I'm on the starting line, 2-step set at 4500 rpm's. Holding the trans button on the shifter, lights come down, instead of letting off the button I held it and accidentally move it forward alittle and it when into neutral, I went backwards at 4500 rpm's. Scared the **** out of me. Lucky the track has a long staging lane. No car was close behind me.
I put a button on my steering wheel the next week. Even took the button off the shifter, didn't like the wire on the outside of the shifter from day one.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is mine on the shifter.
Attached Thumbnails post pics of your trans brake button location....-image.jpeg  
Old 12-11-2015, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine is hooked to the cruise control set button in the turn signal indicator.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

On the shifter, Hurst Quarter Stick
Old 12-11-2015, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RENE'S RAGE
Little story about the Cheetah shifter and trans button.
To back up with my transbrake, you have to put the trans in neutral and hold the transbrake button.
Well one time at the track, I'm on the starting line, 2-step set at 4500 rpm's. Holding the trans button on the shifter, lights come down, instead of letting off the button I held it and accidentally move it forward alittle and it when into neutral, I went backwards at 4500 rpm's. Scared the **** out of me. Lucky the track has a long staging lane. No car was close behind me.
I put a button on my steering wheel the next week. Even took the button off the shifter, didn't like the wire on the outside of the shifter from day one.
Not to laugh but holy ****, lol. I don't have to hit the trans brake on mine to back up, just put it in reverse like normal. But I do have to make a mental note NOT to hit it while driving, but I guess that goes with where ever you put the button.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by transam69230
Mine is hooked to the cruise control set button in the turn signal indicator.
Really? Seems like a very inconvenient place to put it. Mine is on the hurst shifter and it makes perfect sense to me. It makes me have one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter, because sometimes if you launch the car really hard, you need to pull it into 2nd gear to keep the front end down. I couldn't imagine having to shift my hands around while in the middle of a 1.2X sixty foot.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
Not to laugh but holy ****, lol. I don't have to hit the trans brake on mine to back up, just put it in reverse like normal. But I do have to make a mental note NOT to hit it while driving, but I guess that goes with where ever you put the button.
Should definitely wire in some kind of arming switch! My switch is right in front of my shifter in the f body cubby next to trans temp as well
Old 12-11-2015, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has to be activated to go into reverse as well.
I made my switch from a coiled cord and a cheap engine starter switch(the kind that hooks to the solenoid to bump the starter. Works pretty good and hard to accidentally hit
Old 12-13-2015, 01:58 PM
9 Second Club

My TB button is on the steering wheel, the button on the shifter I use for my LL. Have it set-up so I don't have to move my hands until I pull the chute.

Name:  20150607_195923_zpse0fpqg94.jpg
Views: 3144
Size:  155.7 KB
Old 12-13-2015, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I may just buy a wheel. It's much more comfortable to use my thumb to launch it.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

On the shifter cover behind the stick, rear exit Hurst Quarter Stick. hold it with my thumb and the rest of my fingers wrap around the cover. then its just a forward motion to bang high gear and then to the wheel.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Really? Seems like a very inconvenient place to put it. Mine is on the hurst shifter and it makes perfect sense to me. It makes me have one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter, because sometimes if you launch the car really hard, you need to pull it into 2nd gear to keep the front end down. I couldn't imagine having to shift my hands around while in the middle of a 1.2X sixty foot.

Works mint with the way it is setup. My eboost2, 2-step, and trans-brake button are all wired into one button. I use the timer feature at the track to bring the boost in how I want. On the street I can cycle up/down between 6 different target boost levels at any given time all with the same button cruise indicator button.

I use a full auto 80e, so no shifting for me currently. The 2.10 first gear set, and menscer valved shocks resolved the wheelstand issue for the most part i think. I have only done one wheelstand and that was enough!

Quick Reply: post pics of your trans brake button location....