Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MT 315 Pro Radial on a 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 02:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I have been advised the m/t 29.5s tire is the best 29.5 out there, I was advised to run it with a tube and my double beadlocks to stiffen the sidewalls as much as possible, fwiw.
I have a hosier 18192 on my car and it's the biggest 29.5'labeled tire available, I may still try them since I have them already....
I run the 29.5x10.5 stiffs on my truck, also with tubes and double bead locked. The stiffer sidewall plus the tubes made huge improvements in my program. One reason is the down track stability I was having (2 ton trucks on soft wall tires and still accelerating at 150 mph and the truck would move around pretty bad). Took the last cone out once. After that, I said I'm not driving this thing again until it gets stiffer tires and a carbon bed cover and wing. Straight as an arrow now. It also helped 60's too as the big weight of the truck and relatively short instant center I was running at the time was just crushing the tire.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I figure on stock f body suspension (if you want to call what I have stock lol) the stiffer tire will help.

I have sander double beadlocks on the car that are 12 inches wide so I'm spreading the tire about right, tubes I'm still iffy on needing but I have been told by several that things will work better this way.

I just hope it doesn't make the tire radial like and track prep sensitive. Sucks to be buying new tires before I even run o. The ones I have, but I think it's the right thing to do, plus being that they're a touch smaller issues rubbing will likely be a lot less.

Maybe I should just use these Hoosiers to put a couple massive strips up my street lol. 3rd gear burnout with the BBC would definitely chew thru them on the asphalt fast I bet lol.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:10 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine are on 12" wheels as well

Quick Reply: MT 315 Pro Radial on a 4th gen