Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTB Wolfe rollcage

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTB Wolfe rollcage

Does anybody know of any deals going on for memorial day for Wolfe roll cages? Not sure if there are any vendors running any deals but I haven’t seen any so I figured I’d ask
Old 05-22-2019, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Are you wanting swing outs? They just told me they don't do swing outs on their 10 point cages, only on their 6 point roll bars. Hopefully some good deals will come up.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Are you wanting swing outs? They just told me they don't do swing outs on their 10 point cages, only on their 6 point roll bars. Hopefully some good deals will come up.
I called and spoke to them as well a few weeks back, and they weren’t planning on having any sales in the near future on their kits I called and spoke to them as well a few weeks back, and they were planning on having any sales in the near future on her kids . I’m just hoping there’s a vendor out there that get the deal on him or something. I’m not in a rush to get one right now but if the deals there I’ll buy it today. Part of me wants swing out doors so it is easier To get in and out, but it looks cleaner without the swing outs
Old 05-23-2019, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

What's the going labor rate out the door to install a mild steel cage that you supply all the parts to the fabricator and you deliver and pick up the car with no interior? This would be a 10 point with swing outs and a window net kit with you doing the painting. Figure $1400 shipped for a 10 point per jig notched cage with swing outs with the window net kit.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

What's the going labor rate out the door to install a mild steel cage that you supply all the parts to the fabricator and you deliver and pick up the car with no interior? This would be a 10 point with swing outs and a window net kit with you doing the painting. Figure $1400 shipped for a 10 point per jig notched cage with swing outs with the window net kit.
I’m not sure what the labor rate would be, I plan on welding mine myself. I believe wolfes Roll cage is 1100 shipped. Jig notched but no window net or swing out doors
Old 05-24-2019, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Have you all checked out wild rides race cars? This spring I put a 6 point roll bar in my car from them. I picked it up at their shop in NJ to save on shipping, all of their stuff is fitted and notched to the application before shipping at no additional cost. Very friendly guys and an awesome shop. I bought the swing outs for my car and had them make my door bars full length to the floor/firewall. The door bars bend around the door panels in my camaro and fit like a glove. I like the look better without the swing out and I can still get in and out of the car with the t tops in without much hassle, I'm 6ft 215lb. I welded mine in myself, my brother and I got it all tacked in in a few hours with out any headache and then I finish welded it all in one Saturday afternoon taking my time. And for the guys doing a 10 point, if you're going fast enough to warrant a 10pt I think I would rather the additional strength and security of no swing out, just my .02 though.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by biketopia
Have you all checked out wild rides race cars? This spring I put a 6 point roll bar in my car from them. I picked it up at their shop in NJ to save on shipping, all of their stuff is fitted and notched to the application before shipping at no additional cost. Very friendly guys and an awesome shop. I bought the swing outs for my car and had them make my door bars full length to the floor/firewall. The door bars bend around the door panels in my camaro and fit like a glove. I like the look better without the swing out and I can still get in and out of the car with the t tops in without much hassle, I'm 6ft 215lb. I welded mine in myself, my brother and I got it all tacked in in a few hours with out any headache and then I finish welded it all in one Saturday afternoon taking my time. And for the guys doing a 10 point, if you're going fast enough to warrant a 10pt I think I would rather the additional strength and security of no swing out, just my .02 though.
My buddy and I talked about them. Wild rides is 20 minutes from my house. What did the roll bar cost? I was going to do a cage just because I would have everything out of the interior already. Don’t want to strip the interior twice. If I went swing outs then I could always replace them later without removing anything just put in some welding blankets over the areas.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Makes sense on doing the full cage for the interior reasons. My interior was all out, minus the wiring harness and I didn't want to mess with stripping that all out as I was up against an aggressive time line to get the car back together. I actually had them include the kicker bars to make it an 8pt roll bar but I didn't install them since there was no reason other than it would make the carpet a bitch to install around since I'm just a bar currently. The bar as an 8pt was 449.95, adding the two kickers was 50 bucks so the basic 6pt was only $399 pre notched and fitted with the floor plates all ready formed for the main hoop. The swing outs are $60 each and I didn't put those in either, so spent like 170 bucks more than I really needed too, but I still have everything if I ever want to add it in. If they are only 20 min away I'd call them up and stop buy, they were super friendly and helpful on the phone and over e-mail, sent a bunch of pictures of their mock up car. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and it was ready to pick up within a week. If your car is 100% stripped I bet you they could "test fit and notch" the cage in your actual car and just tack it in for you to finish weld. They may remember me, tell em Sean with the 4th gen from VA mentioned them to you, I bought my bar middle of March according to my invoice.

**Edit, mine is a mild steel bar with no back seat and straight bars over the gas tank
Old 05-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by biketopia
Makes sense on doing the full cage for the interior reasons. My interior was all out, minus the wiring harness and I didn't want to mess with stripping that all out as I was up against an aggressive time line to get the car back together. I actually had them include the kicker bars to make it an 8pt roll bar but I didn't install them since there was no reason other than it would make the carpet a bitch to install around since I'm just a bar currently. The bar as an 8pt was 449.95, adding the two kickers was 50 bucks so the basic 6pt was only $399 pre notched and fitted with the floor plates all ready formed for the main hoop. The swing outs are $60 each and I didn't put those in either, so spent like 170 bucks more than I really needed too, but I still have everything if I ever want to add it in. If they are only 20 min away I'd call them up and stop buy, they were super friendly and helpful on the phone and over e-mail, sent a bunch of pictures of their mock up car. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and it was ready to pick up within a week. If your car is 100% stripped I bet you they could "test fit and notch" the cage in your actual car and just tack it in for you to finish weld. They may remember me, tell em Sean with the 4th gen from VA mentioned them to you, I bought my bar middle of March according to my invoice.

**Edit, mine is a mild steel bar with no back seat and straight bars over the gas tank

Do do you have some photos of your cage you can share. I’m interested is seeing how they fit around the doors and the a pillar.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

These are all i have on the phone. I'l be at the shop Monday and can get other angles for you. There's a lot of room, especially if you take your back seat out to move the main hoop forward or back. Where the main hip is set now i can get the stock seats all the way back and a decent rear lean.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

With that setup and the driver stock seat all the way back, how far back can you recline the driver seat with it being all the way back? 2 clicks? The crossbar can be 4 inches under the shoulders so if it's at a full 4 inches lower, it will enable you to recline the seat further back. I heard the wolf cage is good for reclining the seat back on long trips.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'l give it a whirl Monday and take some measurements. I can't remember off the top of my head. The cross bar was fitted and tacked to the main hoop when i picked it up to help keep the hoop from doing anything weird in transport.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

With that setup and the driver stock seat all the way back, how far back can you recline the driver seat with it being all the way back? 2 clicks? The crossbar can be 4 inches under the shoulders so if it's at a full 4 inches lower, it will enable you to recline the seat further back. I heard the wolf cage is good for reclining the seat back on long trips.
I tried it out this morning, I can 100% get 2 clicks from straight up maybe 3. It was early and I was tired and might of miss counted. I'll try to get a measurement too.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

We didn't run a sale on our cages but we have great pricing and as far as fitment we are known to have one of the tightest fitting cage on the market. This is why we do not just make a 4th gen cage we make a cage for Chevy hardtop, Chevy t-top, Pontiac hardtop, or Pontiac t-top. There is huge difference between all of them. We are also back to having a full time cage manufacturer running our machine pumping out cages daily.

As for swing outs. They are a great convenience but a pain in the rump with a window net. You would have to unbolt the window net rods to use it.