Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMS 346ci N/A Record 10.16 @ 132 MPH !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry I'm a little late in the congrats, but WTG Lee! It figures the weekend I bring the Formula to race you're out of commission with the SS and racing your wife's Honda At least you cut a few decent lights though.......

Bring that sick **** to Gainesville in Jan-Feb, and enjoy the negative DA's Moroso doesn't get and a kick-*** timeslip!

Derek
Old 07-25-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
so Gizmo, are you going to take back what you said about me? lol. you sounded pretty ignorant with your post to me personally but oh well.
John,

As it seems that I have offended you also, I will apologize for the way that I presented my post.
Now, I have two honest questions for you. Have you ever actually read the NHRA or IHRA rule books in regards to Stock Eliminator? Have you ever been around a real live fuel injected Stocker?

Best Regards,

Daren
Old 07-26-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes to the NHRA books, yes to being around tons of Stock Elim cars in person. i only am a fan of IHRA and their tour, but not to their rules specifically. It is IMO an amazing class and IMO far from a showroom stock car. does it resemble a showroom car more than say a pro car? ofcourse, immensely, but guys were saying or implying they could be daily drivers.

ok topic gone way out of hand. Lee, again amazing job. we can only compare your car to the top S/E times in the country!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
yes to the NHRA books, yes to being around tons of Stock Elim cars in person. i only am a fan of IHRA and their tour, but not to their rules specifically. It is IMO an amazing class and IMO far from a showroom stock car. does it resemble a showroom car more than say a pro car? ofcourse, immensely, but guys were saying or implying they could be daily drivers.

ok topic gone way out of hand. Lee, again amazing job. we can only compare your car to the top S/E times in the country!
Yea Al Corda aint got nuttin on me!

Lee
Old 07-26-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Forgot to mention... I was bracket racing last Saturday night. I messed with my PCM tuning a little bit to try to work around the MAF. I unplugged my O2's and did a little tune to run the car in open loop full time.

First time-run off the trailer the car was cold I went 10.37 @ 129 MPH, the car ran down the track smooth, I spun a little 1.45 60' because the track prep sucked for time runs.

Second time-run she went 10.35 @ 131 MPH. Picked up 2 mph but only 2 tenths, but the run was smooth. I spun 1.45 60' again on that launch, all launches are off the footbrake.

First round of eliminations, I dialed a 10.33 hoping the tune in the car would run consistant. The weather was pretty much the same as first 2 time runs. I come off the footbrake and pulled a nice 2 foot wheelie. She set down smooth and was hauling *** down track. My opponent was dialed a 14.42, I went smoking past him at the 1000'. I'm like dammit! I stand on the brakes from the 1000' to the stripe.

She went 10.36 @ 118 mph. My opponent and I had the same reaction time and he went 14.44 on a 14.42, I went .03 over he .02 over and got the win.

I compared my 3rd run time slip to my record 10.16 pass and all the numbers were .02 off. I estimated my 3rd run to be a 10.18-10.19 ET pass.

What sucks about my track is when you lose on a points night there is no buy backs, your done. I would have loved to have been able to get 1 more pass in on Saturday to just run her full out and see if I couldn't beat that 10.16.

I got a race this coming Sunday during the day at like noon, its going to be crazy hot out. I don't expect record numbers but you never know.

Lee