Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock Internal A4 buid thread...10's???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Pulled a little weight out. Pulled the heater core lines and got plugs to cap them off. The small details make all the difference IMO. Also got a billet block off plate for the AC lines.

AC condenser bracket: 11.3oz
Heater core lines: 1lb 13.9oz

Old 12-14-2023, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 557 Likes on 432 Posts

I’d concentrate on rotating weight vs static weight. Wheels, tires, rotors, lug nuts, gun drilled axles, machined lighter ring gear, driveshaft. Tune makes a huge difference. You give it more timing in the 1000-2000rpm cells and when you floor it, it’ll rev faster. You have to experiment and run logs to see if it’s pulling timing. From the factory they are set a little sensitive too. You can turn that down just a little bit. There’s a setting that “anticipates” knock and pulls timing when you floor “just in case”. You can mess with that a little but I always err on the safe side.
The following users liked this post:
Magnet (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
I’d concentrate on rotating weight vs static weight. Wheels, tires, rotors, lug nuts, gun drilled axles, machined lighter ring gear, driveshaft. Tune makes a huge difference. You give it more timing in the 1000-2000rpm cells and when you floor it, it’ll rev faster. You have to experiment and run logs to see if it’s pulling timing. From the factory they are set a little sensitive too. You can turn that down just a little bit. There’s a setting that “anticipates” knock and pulls timing when you floor “just in case”. You can mess with that a little but I always err on the safe side.
thanks for the input. I plan to concentrate on all weight including rotating. I swapped to Bogart D10s and 275 Hoosiers and cut 40+ lbs from previous drag setup. Also have front and rear strange drag brakes waiting to go on.

running stock rear/driveshaft at this point but will consider those items if/when the time comes.

I have considered lug nuts but there seems to be mixed reviews. Any specific ones you like? Other feedback?

I plan to play with the tune as well but would love any input you have.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

What drag brakes did you go with? We got my wifes t/a down to 3200lbs with her in it with a 8 point cage in it.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wondering how hard was it to get the 102 intake in the car? Any issues with making it fit under the cowl?
Old 12-15-2023, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shadow02SS
What drag brakes did you go with? We got my wifes t/a down to 3200lbs with her in it with a 8 point cage in it.
Strange brakes, haven’t installed yet. Got a great deal off a guy on FB. I hope to be less then 3200rw. but without a cage as well. I think I’ll be around 3100 with me in it (200lbs)

Originally Posted by RMCosta
Just wondering how hard was it to get the 102 intake in the car? Any issues with making it fit under the cowl?
No issues with cowl at all. It fit right on but I do have ls6 pcv already. Bunged my knuckles up but that comes with the territory. Oh I also wasn’t paying attention and broke the oil pressure sensing unit when I was putting it back on. Gotta watch the brake booster line when reinstalling. Lmk if you have other questions I had heard of horror stories etc but mine was pretty straight forward. The directions that come with were actually pretty decent too. You can also find them online at summit etc
Old 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Magnet
Strange brakes, haven’t installed yet. Got a great deal off a guy on FB. I hope to be less then 3200rw. but without a cage as well. I think I’ll be around 3100 with me in it (200lbs)

No issues with cowl at all. It fit right on but I do have ls6 pcv already. Bunged my knuckles up but that comes with the territory. Oh I also wasn’t paying attention and broke the oil pressure sensing unit when I was putting it back on. Gotta watch the brake booster line when reinstalling. Lmk if you have other questions I had heard of horror stories etc but mine was pretty straight forward. The directions that come with were actually pretty decent too. You can also find them online at summit etc
Good to know, I was under the impression that a 102 wouldn't fit under the cowl and would cause an issue when I shut my hood. I have a '00 SS that I'm looking doing some swaps and an intake is one of them. I don't have an LS6 pcv system on mine, I'd need to make that change, or do I? Mine is still pretty much stock other than the LS6 intake and headers that I put on.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Good to know, I was under the impression that a 102 wouldn't fit under the cowl and would cause an issue when I shut my hood. I have a '00 SS that I'm looking doing some swaps and an intake is one of them. I don't have an LS6 pcv system on mine, I'd need to make that change, or do I? Mine is still pretty much stock other than the LS6 intake and headers that I put on.
Mine is a stock 02 SS as well. Yes, you have the ls6 stuff already bc it came with the ls6 intake stock.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Mine is a stock 02 SS as well. Yes, you have the ls6 stuff already bc it came with the ls6 intake stock.
I wish I did have it on it, I swapped my intake to a LS6 since I had the LS1 with the egr. I don't believe 2000 SS had anything LS6 related on them
Old 12-15-2023, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

I wish I did have it on it, I swapped my intake to a LS6 since I had the LS1 with the egr. I don't believe 2000 SS had anything LS6 related on them
oh yea your right, I ready quick and thought you said it was an 02. It’s an easy swap to the ls6 crossover and plugs. Don’t let that stop you.

the instruction have the let numbers you need. Page 4

Fast 102 Install instructions
Old 12-15-2023, 01:42 PM
Teching In

oh yea your right, I ready quick and thought you said it was an 02. It’s an easy swap to the ls6 crossover and plugs. Don’t let that stop you.

the instruction have the let numbers you need. Page 4

Fast 102 Install instructions
Thanks for the info,I think the only thing that is stopping me, a bit, is the money and swapping the heads
Old 12-15-2023, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info,I think the only thing that is stopping me, a bit, is the money and swapping the heads
Its pricey for sure. Are you swapping heads bc you want to I assume? Just confirming you realize you don’t have to
Old 12-15-2023, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Its pricey for sure. Are you swapping heads bc you want to I assume? Just confirming you realize you don’t have to
Don't have to? Well I was going to do a cam swap too, a upper end rebuild if you want to call it that, heads, cam and intake change. I got some decent power out of the LS6 intake swap, 1" 3/4 headers and 36lbs injectors. Just chasing power.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Don't have to? Well I was going to do a cam swap too, a upper end rebuild if you want to call it that, heads, cam and intake change. I got some decent power out of the LS6 intake swap, 1" 3/4 headers and 36lbs injectors. Just chasing power.
yea makes sense, will make good power for sure with all that. I’d consider some 1 7/8 headers too if your doing that. Heck I’m doing it and don’t have the heads and can 😂
Old 12-15-2023, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Some new parts in:

Chris1313 pro stock ram air
GZ Motorsports lsx pump

Old 12-15-2023, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Strange brakes 😬

The following users liked this post:
Threadzy (12-16-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 02:35 PM
Teching In

yea makes sense, will make good power for sure with all that. I’d consider some 1 7/8 headers too if your doing that. Heck I’m doing it and don’t have the heads and can 😂
Ugh more money to spend on headers, I guess it never really stops. I may just keep the 1"3/4 and see, I don't think it would be the end of the world if I don't do a switch, or does anyone want to buy my SLP 1"3/4 headers, they have only been on the car for a year
Old 12-15-2023, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Ugh more money to spend on headers, I guess it never really stops. I may just keep the 1"3/4 and see, I don't think it would be the end of the world if I don't do a switch, or does anyone want to buy my SLP 1"3/4 headers, they have only been on the car for a year
Your fine, you don’t have to. You’ll be fine. I’m just OCD. The speed engineering 1 7/8 are pretty affordable, you could probably switch with little
out of pocket
Old 12-15-2023, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Your fine, you don’t have to. You’ll be fine. I’m just OCD. The speed engineering 1 7/8 are pretty affordable, you could probably switch with little
out of pocket
We will see, I got these SLP ones off a guy who never put him on his car, sat in a basement for years. I got the headers, Y pipe, high flow cats everything for a great price. I couldn't say no.
I'll have to check them out, I looked at the ARH prior to finding the ones I have on my car now.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

We will see, I got these SLP ones off a guy who never put him on his car, sat in a basement for years. I got the headers, Y pipe, high flow cats everything for a great price. I couldn't say no.
I'll have to check them out, I looked at the ARH prior to finding the ones I have on my car now.
those are going to be collectible some day…..

Quick Reply: My Stock Internal A4 buid thread...10's???