Old 11-07-2003, 12:35 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant go down the track with the a/c on silly
Old 11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say if it cant go more than 25 miles without hitting the pumps it ISNT a street car. You can barely get to a gas station in 25 miles. Just cause you drive it on the street doesnt make it a street car. I can swing a dragster on the street and idle around for 25 miles and call it a street car but it aint.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Launching!

This post is awsome. Here is my .02 stock appearing, dot tire, 25 miles (if you cant make it then you aint even close to "steet" and if you can and you just aint insured you car still aint "steet") Thats all the rules you need. And seperate classes will take care of big cube and power adder guys, in addition have a class for non-ls1's. The more cars the better.

This is an event I would come and watch.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FSTR-THANU
50mi. might be much but the purpose is to prove streetability. I think getting the track should be no problem. I would like to get as much input about the rules for this event as possible.

Is Bowling Green an acceptable location for the MTI boys?

Tom
I'd say 50 miles on the highway, A/C on, some city driving of 5:00 PM rush hour traffic and street tires, no Nitto DRs, etc, regular ole' street tires. Fill up with a full tank before leaving so everyone should have the same amount of gas when they get ready to run. Ya' might want to have an auto group compete amongst themselves and an MN6 group amongst themselves. Full interior, washer fluid, etc.

Oh yea, gotta' be bumpin' some 50-cent and throw up a Westside as the lights drop

Last edited by CANNIBAL; 11-08-2003 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:10 PM
8 second mod

I think there should be classes, maybe just an NA and a power adder.
Also, tires should be dot, no slicks. I use my QTP's everywhere unless there is a chance of snow. I drive 150 miles to ESP with my et streets on (they think im nuts) tires as long as dot.
i would say atleast 50 miles, what the hell is 25? some exits on mass pike are 20 miles in between.
High way,backroads,and stop and go. then NO getting out to do ANYTHING!!!!!! then 3 full 1/4 runs. after thatwho ever is still standing gets to fill up, check tires,cool down ect. then race heads up. Just do this close to my house, because i would love to do this!! My car gets 25-27 miles per gallon, and a 12 gallon fuel cell. I think i have a chance of being top 10. plenty of gas,quik car, and no bottle to empty out! the futher the trip prier to racing the better my chances are.

Quick Reply: All this "fastest 4th gen stuff"