Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with narrowed/shortened rearends.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGENZ28
I finished the tubbing stuff on mine I am just waiting on money to get the new rear end and I need a drive shaft, found a weird groove/twist in my old steel one.

Ever consider a partial mini tub? Just cut out the bump stops and put a small section in the front inner corner?

That would give you plenty of room.

Like I recommend to tell anyone, buy the rims and tires you want first, then set them in there, clearance everything, then measure for the right width rear end.

It's pointless to go through all the trouble if one side is 1/4" too close and it rubs every time some one rides with you or you take a corner hard.

I am in So. California, not sure where you are but I would be glad to help if I can. I love working on car stuff, best part I always work for beer and sandwiches when it comes to friends =)
Yes!!! I might just take you up on your word for that. I'm in SoCal too, but might be a couple hours away. So with a partial, I won't have to start relocating parts? I see the pics on Steve's site, but I don't think it mentioned if LCA's and other stuff were moved.

Quick Reply: People with narrowed/shortened rearends.....