Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerospace brake kits? anyone useing them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a Aerospace Drag kit on the front and Wilwood drag rears(they suck).My total weights savings was 61lbs(give or take a few lbs) with only the brake swap(removed the e-brake also).My abs was removed pervious to this.Im still running the factory master and booster.
I drive the car 300+ miles a week with the drag brakes and I swear they stop better then the stockers.

Pads wear out quickly.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

After giving it some thought.. I think that I am gonna toss the ABS when I do the brakes.. my car hasn't seen rain use for about 2 years.. and it's not gonna start now.
Any idea what the weight savings would be if I went to the aerospace drag fron t and rear setup, and tossed the abs completely, I mean have a couple lines and a tee's put in place, so I can get rid of the entire abs block, not just that block off thing that alot of people use? You know, just hard line it to the flex lines that go to the wheels in the front, and the same to the rear, right off teh master cyl. and the linelock? I'm guessing that the weight savings are gonna be somewhere in the range of 70 to 90 lbs... something that my car desperately needs. Anytime I can chp weight off like that.. it's a good step in teh right direction.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

yea what is the weight savings with the aerospace and no abs... also 60 something pounds damn! i live 1.5 miles from where i work at.... i work no more then 4-5 days a week.. so lets say 12 miles a week for that and thats if my girl and me are working the same shift and i cant take the truck..... so the car sees like 5-20 miles a week, with the occassional 30 mile trek to the dragstrip.. im guessing this is to mcuh for either the strange or the aerospace correct? put it this way in the last 3-4 months ive put maybe 250 miles on the car total
Old 06-11-2005, 11:44 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
After giving it some thought.. I think that I am gonna toss the ABS when I do the brakes.. my car hasn't seen rain use for about 2 years.. and it's not gonna start now.
Any idea what the weight savings would be if I went to the aerospace drag fron t and rear setup, and tossed the abs completely, I mean have a couple lines and a tee's put in place, so I can get rid of the entire abs block, not just that block off thing that alot of people use? You know, just hard line it to the flex lines that go to the wheels in the front, and the same to the rear, right off teh master cyl. and the linelock? I'm guessing that the weight savings are gonna be somewhere in the range of 70 to 90 lbs... something that my car desperately needs. Anytime I can chp weight off like that.. it's a good step in teh right direction.
Yep, I just ran one line to the rear and one to the fronts of the line lock. You can either use brass line T's or I used -4AN T's and put nuts on the lines and flared them. If you are going to street drive it some recommend putting the bubble flare into the lines, but it's a bitch on that thick wall small tubing to put in. Your weight savings by the time you ditch all that **** is pretty close. Don't forget you can consider ditching the e-brake and all that crap too if you want. I did it and it all certainly added up to quite a bit of weight.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve.. you wanna sell the fronts to me as well..????
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I think that I'll keep the e-brake part... just for the safty factor
Old 06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

just installed rears and saved about 30lbs over stock. easy install and the look nice.