Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawker Odyssey PC680 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawker Odyssey PC680 questions.

The car is going on a diet once again and I've been considering the PC 680 too pull another 30lbs off the nose. Does anybody think this battery would work ok for me at the track and possibly on the street? I have both crank and alt. underdrive pulleys, always run the bottle heater in the staging lanes (and looking to add a second one), usually have the Predator and LM-1 going and my lights are usually on at night, I'm also thinking of adding an EWP. Will all this kill the battery to quick, sometimes at idle my volt meter will drop to the red because of the alt. underdrive. The idle will be raised with the new cam though so that should help out. Any thoughs.

Andrew
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish i could help, but i just got my new pc 925 yesterday. very nice battery. glad i didn't go with the Optima now. if it's a question, i would suggest going with the same one i got. better safe than sorry and for only a couple more lbs.

Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

With a bottle heater and solenoids to power as well as an EWP and any possible extra stereo equipment I wouldn't recommend a small battery, even if only part time but especially not on the street/full time.

I run the Hawker lightweight battery full time in the warmer months but I am NA and also have all stock electronics with manual windows/door locks and no rear defogger.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:26 AM
10 Second Club

Did the 925 fit in the stock battery tray? It looks bigger than stock width wise. I also don't have any power options and there isn't a whole lot left of my stereo. I am considering an alt overdrive pulley to help out. I have an Optima Red Top now and that bitch is about 43lbs so almost anything will be better.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 AM
9 Second Club

the 925 is tiny. i have no doubt it will fit in the stock tray, but i'll have to measure it for you when i get home tonight. i haven't tried it because i've already got it sitting in a batt box for the trunk. it's so small that when my wife saw it in the batt box, she was like, all that for that little battery? so, it's pretty darn small.

Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Odyssey batteries are great as I've had several throughout the years on different vehicles. My personal opinion would be the 680 is pushing the limits on amps. I'm running a 925 in the stock battery location. Had to turn the battery sideways and pulled the stock connectors of the cables and use a bolt through connection. You'll understand when you go to place it. Real easy install.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Just got the 925 dimensions off gotbatteries.com. Looks like it's about 7x7x5" so it's alot smaller than I thought. Even though it's about double the wieght of the 680 it looks like I'll be able to use it on the street too which is good.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Just got the 925 dimensions off gotbatteries.com. Looks like it's about 7x7x5" so it's alot smaller than I thought. Even though it's about double the wieght of the 680 it looks like I'll be able to use it on the street too which is good.

exactly. it's nice not having to worry about things.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, I'll just have to loose that extra 10lbs out of my gut.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
The car is going on a diet once again and I've been considering the PC 680 too pull another 30lbs off the nose. Does anybody think this battery would work ok for me at the track and possibly on the street? I have both crank and alt. underdrive pulleys, always run the bottle heater in the staging lanes (and looking to add a second one), usually have the Predator and LM-1 going and my lights are usually on at night, I'm also thinking of adding an EWP. Will all this kill the battery to quick, sometimes at idle my volt meter will drop to the red because of the alt. underdrive. The idle will be raised with the new cam though so that should help out. Any thoughs.

Andrew
I'm running a 680 in the BACK of the car. it will NOT work for **** with bottle warmers. it works decently, but I can't run anything with the motor off without fear of it not starting the engine. I tried when I first got it and it died a coulple times in the staging lanes. also plan on putting it on a battery tender. if it sits for a few days it won't start the car.