HOLY CRAP A FOOT!!!!
26.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Have you lifted em on Radials???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree going up isnt as fast as going out BUT these torque arm cars have to have the wheels up to 60ft. http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...um=0&adjust=-1 this is my old car on the ragged edge. Alittle track change and this would have gone from a low 1.20 60ft to a bumper drag. Its all a balancing act. Even on a drag radial it is always the same thing. You have to try to get the car up without dragging the bumper. That is the reason for the "Save Your *** Bars".

225-343-9029
Old 02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is the explination i was hoping for from you madman, that's the thing most guys don't see. most of the fbody guys i know think it's "cool" to put it on the bumper, they don't realize it sucks ***.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is cool, i dont wana do it. Im hoping this year i can get them up a few inches for some pics and then setup the car for going straight and not up.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
I agree going up isnt as fast as going out BUT these torque arm cars have to have the wheels up to 60ft. http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...um=0&adjust=-1 this is my old car on the ragged edge. Alittle track change and this would have gone from a low 1.20 60ft to a bumper drag. Its all a balancing act. Even on a drag radial it is always the same thing. You have to try to get the car up without dragging the bumper. That is the reason for the "Save Your *** Bars".
Sweet, I guess my **** is right, cuz that's about how my car looked comin out on both stages over at BMP with a 1.32 60' (thanks to your arm)!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ya i have to say the reason my car launches like it does is because i took all of madmans advice in setting it up and works awsome
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jerflash
ya i have to say the reason my car launches like it does is because i took all of madmans advice in setting it up and works awsome
Exactly, his arm and all the advice i've gotten from him, Noyzee and a few others, puttin it all together has made my car into a hookin machine!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:00 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Exactly, his arm and all the advice i've gotten from him, Noyzee and a few others, puttin it all together has made my car into a hookin machine!
i love to hook!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i love to hook!!!
Me too, favorite part of drag racing is the launch!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

With 17" ET Streets in back and stock 275's in front I lift the driver's side tire about 2 inches.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Second Club

watch my video in the sig!!MT ET streets 325 50 15
Old 03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
hashtagBMW

Well ive got some 15x3.5 w/ 165 fronts and 15x8 with 275/50/15 BFGs in the back on the way. Hopefully i can get my wheels up for a few pics, then ill make her go straight and not up! Madman i will be coming to you for that help.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Nothing impressive to this group of hotrods,but i can and have lifted the driver's side about 1.5-2 inches on Nitto drag radials on the motor and e/t streets can pull both on the bottle.

Does not happen everytime,but it is pretty sweet when it does.

1.61 on motor and Nitto's
1.54 on E/T streets and a 150 shot with old convertor(have not put E/T's on with this new vertor yet)

stock rims and stock internals with full weight. (E/T's mounted on 16 inch 01 Z28 wheels.)
Dave
Old 03-07-2006, 12:02 AM
9 Second Club

I agree going up isnt as fast as going out BUT these torque arm cars have to have the wheels up to 60ft. http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...bum=0&adjust=-1 this is my old car on the ragged edge. Alittle track change and this would have gone from a low 1.20 60ft to a bumper drag. Its all a balancing act. Even on a drag radial it is always the same thing. You have to try to get the car up without dragging the bumper. That is the reason for the "Save Your *** Bars
Skipper, I see what you are saying about suspension tuning but you also have to understand that these ARE NOT four link cars with infinite adjustability. These are street cars, not pro-stock monsters that shoot out of the hole like bullets with wheels 1" in the air.... Like madman said they need the air to 60 foot.... Getting the car on the bumper might not be the best for your timeslips or your wallet but it does prove ONE thing. that your car just harnessed enough available horsepower on a relatively small contact patch to hoist the entire car into the air.....THAT IS WHAT "HOOK" IS ALL ABOUT... Once you do that you can tone it down with electronics, more air in the tires to elicit some spin, tone down the shock valving, OR HELL BUY some freakin wheelie bars if you're worried about getting that best ET.... I'm calling madman very soon about some SYA bars as well as rear suspension tuning advice cause one thing I know for sure is that at my local track which car is gonna have the bigger crowd around it? the one that shaved a tenth off his ET with his fancy wheelie bars, or the one that dragged the bumper for 200' but ran a tenth slower????? Even if I smash my headers i'll gladly pay another grand to have photos and every **** at the track talking about "DID you see what that mothaf(*&Ca did last week????" just a thought...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
hashtagBMW

It couldnt be more true.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Skipper, I see what you are saying about suspension tuning but you also have to understand that these ARE NOT four link cars with infinite adjustability. These are street cars, not pro-stock monsters that shoot out of the hole like bullets with wheels 1" in the air.... Like madman said they need the air to 60 foot.... Getting the car on the bumper might not be the best for your timeslips or your wallet but it does prove ONE thing. that your car just harnessed enough available horsepower on a relatively small contact patch to hoist the entire car into the air.....THAT IS WHAT "HOOK" IS ALL ABOUT... Once you do that you can tone it down with electronics, more air in the tires to elicit some spin, tone down the shock valving, OR HELL BUY some freakin wheelie bars if you're worried about getting that best ET.... I'm calling madman very soon about some SYA bars as well as rear suspension tuning advice cause one thing I know for sure is that at my local track which car is gonna have the bigger crowd around it? the one that shaved a tenth off his ET with his fancy wheelie bars, or the one that dragged the bumper for 200' but ran a tenth slower????? Even if I smash my headers i'll gladly pay another grand to have photos and every **** at the track talking about "DID you see what that mothaf(*&Ca did last week????" just a thought...
Well said.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
that has to be the dumbest thing i've heard, you wouldn't say that "if you havn't been on the bumper you might have just set it up right the first time?" how come there are guys that go out and cut 1.30 60' times on true 10.5s and never pull the tires more than 6-12" and hook perfect, guess they're doing something wrong.
1) you are telling madman he is dumb
2) you talk as if 1.30 60' on a true 10.5 is something to be proud of......
3) you dont know what a perfect hook is. NHRA prostock spin the first 15 feet of the run. they seem to run pretty "decent"
Old 03-09-2006, 04:22 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Amen! I want too...
Old 03-10-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Even if I smash my headers i'll gladly pay another grand to have photos and every **** at the track talking about "DID you see what that mothaf(*&Ca did last week????" just a thought...

couldnt agree with you more.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

Yes I agree. The crowd response with a car dragging the bumper is priceless. Its like a swarm of bees around the car in no time. This was her first time out with her new suspension. No we didn't think it would happen yet it did and it was well worth the oil pan, front and rear bumper paint job. Buying the BMR Extreme Sway Bar was the best money I have spent on the car in months. Now for some SYA bars.
Attached Thumbnails Have you lifted em on Radials???-carhighuplight.jpg  
Old 08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
hashtagBMW

To the Top!!!!!!