Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New thing.. Who with Slicks/Skinnies Has ABS issues? Step in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New thing.. Who with Slicks/Skinnies Has ABS issues? Step in!

I believe I found the solution.. and have never read about it before. But who of you with slicks/skinnies have your asr/abs shut off when going on the highway? How many of you with mismatched tires (different diameter front/rear) have the same issue? I think I found the solution - and this may work for the bulk of you who get in, start the car and automatically shut off the asr anyways. Unplug your idle air motor. Yes, unplug the connector. Get in your car, the traction control will not work. The abs will still operate, but because the idle motor is the one which also modulates the throttle when you lose traction, It cant do that anymore. You dont have to worry about losing control and then the car working its "wonders" for you.

Anyone else think this poses a problem? I know most of you who have cam'd cars just help the car idle when you start it anyways, so what would the idle motor do you any good for? My cruise still works even! Try it out!

If this is in the wrong section of the forum, please change it mods, but I dont know where else to put this.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get your terms correct. The "idle air motor" you are referring to is the traction control module located just aft of the battery. Most would assume an "idle air motor" to be the IAC valve - which I recommend you do not disconnect

Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 11-08-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Get your terms correct. The "idle air motor" you are referring to is the traction control module located just aft of the battery. Most would assume an "idle air motor" to be the IAC valve - which I recommend you do not disconnect before

No man the idle air control valve will fix this issue! really!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

i also have this problem with the different size tires. will what specialized is saying work without harming anything else? i just remove my m/t's and go back to street tires after a day at the track.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

just stick a jumper wire in the harnes at the abs/ wheel speed sensor and it works like a charme even with my areospace race brakes.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BKHAWK1
just stick a jumper wire in the harnes at the abs/ wheel speed sensor and it works like a charme even with my areospace race brakes.
a little more detail please..I have always had this prob. just never thought that much about it
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BKHAWK1
More info on this as well
Old 12-10-2006, 10:20 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

****, just yank the ABS fuse and call it a day, no tools required.