Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bogart ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbeast
hey steve, thanks for the reply. My studs are 3 in long and when i screw the lug nut on it goes on fine and has about 1/2 an inch of thread left. but when i put the wheel on and try to use the weld lug nuts as soon as it gets in the wheel good it gets VERY hard to turn. Its the craziest **** ive ever seen. the lug will fit fine through the hole in the wheel but not if im trying to put the wheel on. what kind of deat can you make me on a set that will work? thanks Charles

That is because the shanks are probably bottoming out on the rotor before it tightens up the wheel. What you're doing at that point is overtightening the lug thus stripping the lug/stud.

Call me on Monday if you need more help. I'm here to help you guys.

Many don't realize we build the wheels to suit the application...we aren't building a one size fits most. I can take a wheel and build it in a variety of ways and still have the same backspace but with different effects.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought My wheels from the guy above after Bogart himself told me to

Yes those are M/T wheels on the front
Old 03-17-2007, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I bought My wheels from the guy above after Bogart himself told me to

Yes those are M/T wheels on the front
Ellis, Your car looks great:-).

We set most of the specs on many of the late model setups you see....working on prototype setups etc.

...I do quite a bit of work with Rich of which we discuss daily new ideas and opportunities in the marketplace...most builds go directly through my desk. I ensure that we are building them correctly and make adjustements as needed.

I'm here, listen to you guys and try to keep up with demands that folks are asking for. We fully support you guys and our vendors.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Ellis, Your car looks great:-).

We set most of the specs on many of the late model setups you see....working on prototype setups etc.

...I do quite a bit of work with Rich of which we discuss daily new ideas and opportunities in the marketplace...most builds go directly through my desk. I ensure that we are building them correctly and make adjustements as needed.

I'm here, listen to you guys and try to keep up with demands that folks are asking for. We fully support you guys and our vendors.
And THAT Is why I bought my wheels from you. I had a talk with one of the big names back in 2001 about getting some wheels for us F-body guys. I was told the race Market is not big enough to serve any more and I had no idea what people wanted.

So Basicly the company I had been using for over 15 year said go screw your self. I sold off every Convo Pro I had and will NEVER buy from that company again!

Thanks for being there for us!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
That is because the shanks are probably bottoming out on the rotor before it tightens up the wheel. What you're doing at that point is overtightening the lug thus stripping the lug/stud.

Call me on Monday if you need more help. I'm here to help you guys.

Many don't realize we build the wheels to suit the application...we aren't building a one size fits most. I can take a wheel and build it in a variety of ways and still have the same backspace but with different effects.
Thanks for the help Steve. I will call you Monday. The lug nuts never reach the rotor. When they are all the way on they are about 1/2 an inch from the rotor. I only have the problem when i try to install the wheel. But they sure as hell arent the right ones, so i will be calling you . Thanks....Charles
Old 03-18-2007, 09:46 PM
9 Second Club

i went w/ the bolted D-10's and the strange drag brakes, all from SJM. Steve will have my business from here on in! the wheels cost a little more than some of the others i priced, but once they were installed....... i never looked back. i have yet to have another company take the extra time to make sure you are satisfied w/ their product like Steve did. the bolted wheels are a little harder to keep clean, but they are awesome when they are clean.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15x10's bolted right on my car without issue.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those with Strange drag brakes the P2 Aluma-lite drag series wheels are very nice. These wheels are not for for stock brakes or street applications. For more info contact Steve @ SJM and he will get you straight.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I'm gonna give steve a call.

Quick Reply: Bogart ?