Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q:WOLF sway bar users!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Q:WOLF sway bar users!!!

just finished from welding in Wolf sway bar in my camaro,,,i'm not really sure what is the right way to adjust it (preload)...
i use to cut conistant 1.38 60" and a best of 9.8@138 mph(N/A)...

and here is the vid form the back,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WyAwDp4jQA

thx in advance,,,
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The way my shop explained it is to have the driver (or someone teh same weight) sit in the car, attach the drivers side swaybar end link, and take the other end link and get it lined up absolutely perfect so that the bolt connecting the link can slide in and out easily, and make the passenger's side 1/4 turn longer then the drivers side.

That's how it was explained to me.... not sure what Wolfe suggests though.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

Wolfe said to get jack the car up in the middle of the K-member until both wheels are off the ground. Then adjust the bar in the the rear until the drivers side front tire is touching the ground and the passenger side has just alittle light under it. Not even an 1/8in up. That doesn't look like your problem though. Looks like shock settings might help you alittle better. Looks like your frontend is coming up really fast. You could probably tighten the front and the rear and it would go better 60s. I used to run my rear shocks on 10 and the front ones on 7..........1.2 60fts
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The way my shop explained it is to have the driver (or someone teh same weight) sit in the car, attach the drivers side swaybar end link, and take the other end link and get it lined up absolutely perfect so that the bolt connecting the link can slide in and out easily, and make the passenger's side 1/4 turn longer then the drivers side.

That's how it was explained to me.... not sure what Wolfe suggests though.
exactly how i did mine and my car goes perfectly stright
Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

We grabbed some bud light and the welder and guessed at it and here is my car on its 1st pass out.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
Wolfe said to get jack the car up in the middle of the K-member until both wheels are off the ground. Then adjust the bar in the the rear until the drivers side front tire is touching the ground and the passenger side has just alittle light under it. Not even an 1/8in up. That doesn't look like your problem though. Looks like shock settings might help you alittle better. Looks like your frontend is coming up really fast. You could probably tighten the front and the rear and it would go better 60s. I used to run my rear shocks on 10 and the front ones on 7..........1.2 60fts
No that is not correct.

For the correct method to setup our sway bar, please e-mail us or call (there is way to much misinformation out here).

Dan
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Put a jack in the middle of the k-member till your tires just start to come off the ground. Then measure the distance from the top of the rear tire to the quarter lip right above the tire. You want the right side to be 1/4 of an inch lower (closer to the tire) then the left side. U do this by adjusting the right heim joint.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Dan / Wolfe Race Craft
No that is not correct.

For the correct method to setup our sway bar, please e-mail us or call (there is way to much misinformation out here).

Dan
Can you post the correct way to set it up on here? Since everyone on here seems to have a different way it would be nice to have the correct method posted incase someone uses the search later on.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
Wrong again on something else....
Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

guys this is what i got from the Great Dan,,,

**All Sway Bar adjustments are done without the driver in the vehicle.**

Single Sway Bar: Check your tire pressure and ensure that each tire has the same pressure. Jack the front of your vehicle up until the front wheels just start to come off the ground. Ensure that the jack is dead center on the front cross member. Measure the lower corner of both the Driver and Passenger door jam or the top of the wheel well opening (centered on the wheel). You will be looking for the Passenger side to be about 1/16” – 1/8” lower than the Drivers side. Adjust the passenger side sway bar link to accomplish this. Tighten the jam nuts and recheck.

thax alot guys,,,and a special thx for u Dan,,,i'm really glad that i bought this sway bar and my 6 point chromoly roll bar from u guys,,,really appreciate ur help
Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 AM
TECH Regular

is this the recommended way for all vehicles with the wolfe sway bar? a buddy of mine got a fox mustang with the wolfe sway bar on it, and the way he was told to set it was the "incorrect" way as earlier described...
Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNTaddict
guys this is what i got from the Great Dan,,,

**All Sway Bar adjustments are done without the driver in the vehicle.**

Single Sway Bar: Check your tire pressure and ensure that each tire has the same pressure. Jack the front of your vehicle up until the front wheels just start to come off the ground. Ensure that the jack is dead center on the front cross member. Measure the lower corner of both the Driver and Passenger door jam or the top of the wheel well opening (centered on the wheel). You will be looking for the Passenger side to be about 1/16” – 1/8” lower than the Drivers side. Adjust the passenger side sway bar link to accomplish this. Tighten the jam nuts and recheck.

thax alot guys,,,and a special thx for u Dan,,,i'm really glad that i bought this sway bar and my 6 point chromoly roll bar from u guys,,,really appreciate ur help
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I have a question. I just installed a Wolf Sway bar on my car, and the above has the instructions saying on how to adjust the bar. Per the Wolf instructions you want to make the passenger side 1/16 to 1/8 lower than the driver’s side. Wouldn’t that basically make it harder for the passenger side to lift up that than the driver’s side? This seem opposite from what you would want. Can someone explain to me how this setting helps the car launch straight, as apposed to letting the driver’s side come up higher as with a stock sway bar?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't make the car harder to go up or down, it preloads the right rear tire, when you accelerate the rear end twists counter clock wise, which will push down on the left tire and try to lift the right, when that happens the car twists to the right side.

So what you are doing with an anti roll bar is connecting the rear end through rod ends and a bar/tube that's welded to the frame/body, when the car goes to move one side it is forced to apply force to the other side of the car, which equals out and removed the twist in the chassis.

You preload the right rear tire because this is the side that needs to have a little more leverage to keep the car at equal hight and apply equal force to both tires.

When you make the right side link short or longer it will either remove force from that tire or apply more.

When your car leaves and squats to one side you add preload to the right side until it leaves even.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Launching!

By preloading the anti-roll bar, you are making the passenger rear side of the car heavier (on a four point scale). I've been told and have seen Madman suggest setting your corner weights with the front coilovers making the passenger rear 10-20lbs heavier. THEN attach the anti-roll bar in a perfectly nuetral position setting.

Just what I've been told.

Quick Reply: Q:WOLF sway bar users!!!