Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a shame you didn't run John. the guy with the black stang had trans issues the first 3 pass's and it quit on the 4th. With a 4outa7 race going you simply had to wait.

I was the White Mustang Crew Chief. Oh yeah that white Mustang racing the Motown Muscle Thunderbird was going close to 150mph with a single nozzle Nitrous setup and a 225 hit.

I know for sure Ken Pullin is seriously pissed off.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

ANNOUNCEMENT

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we will not be racing on that TV show. Our original agreement was to race a late model modular engine Mustang that was representing a Ford website. Our original opponent withdrew at the last minute. Their website was planning to bring a supercharged 2000 Mustang GT. Both sides were instructed to bring cars that ran were able to run around 10.5 ET.

Even though our original opponent withdrew, we still made the trip down to Kansas City. We were paired with an carbureted 8.80 ET 1987 Mustang GT. We were unable to come to agreement and the race did not happen. We offered to race for up to $20,000 cash to get an even race, and it was declined.

I want to thank Rich and Bob for talking to us later, and trying to think about how we could salvage the situation but it was too late. We will post more when we get home.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's nice to see you guy's made the effort and got the car done/there on time.Doesn't surprise me that the other car backed out.

As for Pinks,the show just sucks anyways.I can't stand watching it more than 5 minute's.

Bring the car to the LSX shootout and have some fun with it.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Very well said.

How many of YOU would put up your $15K-$20K car against a POS $2,000 car? Even if you won, what have you really won? PSJ wanted to even the $$ up by offering to run for actual money ($20K was offered) but THEY wanted no part of it. I wonder why? I don't care if it was an 8 second car (and turned out to be a 11 second car).

The TEAM did good!!! The car lives to race another day. Hopefully the mustang site gets their **** together and the race is rescheduled for another day.

For you that traveled any distances to see the car run, I'm sure that the staff appreciates it. Set back. Take a breath. Say to yourself, "would I have risked my car to run that kind of POS".

David
This is why I sent an email earlier this summer to Nate Pritchett at the show stating I would put of $5K or $10K myself, more with some backers / sponsors if needed, if he'd get a N/A race for me running similar times (mid-9's in the heat)...I've got *****, but not big enough to risk my car against either a sandbagging opponent or some two dollar part breaking at the wrong moment.

I think the premise for the show is cool, but almost all of the episodes spend only 3-4 minutes total on my TV screen thanks to my DVR and the lack of meat to the shows...except for the Tosto brothers's episode which is protected from erasing as it was the best episode by far!!!

Nate sent back the following to my proposal, which is his right to do:

"Sorry, PINKS is only title racing.

Nate Pritchett
Casting Director, PINKS
(240) 235-3166 (o)
www.speedtv.com/pinks
www.pullin.tv
* I apologize for the brief nature of this response. In order to
return
everyone's email I have to be as brief as possible. Thank you very
much for
your interest and best of luck to you."

I commend the LS1Tech team for their efforts, but, since I was NOT there, I will refrain from commenting on what happened, or did not, at the track this weeked. Take care. Dave
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1curious
I know for sure Ken Pullin is seriously pissed off.
Who was Ken Pullin, and was he there? I'd be upset too because this race, had it gone down how it was originally casted, would have been not only a VERY talked about race but would also set the stage for further GOOD races. Now, they'll keep getting hillbillies and "15 minutes of fame" types on the show, with crapboxes nobody cares to lose. The whole idea of gambling your title is only worth something when you RISK something. We could have just as easily stopped off at the nearest Se Hable Espanol car lot and bought a $1000 shitbox to race, then we wouldn't have cared about losing either. Being on TV isn't the driving force, despite what the Pinks TV crew thought (and kept trying to push).

"But we're providing you $150,000 worth of advertising to be on my show" ... They didn't like it that nobody cared
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUQWIKR
This is why I sent an email earlier this summer to Nate Pritchett at the show stating I would put of $5K or $10K myself, more with some backers / sponsors if needed, if he'd get a N/A race for me running similar times (mid-9's in the heat)...I've got *****, but not big enough to risk my car against either a sandbagging opponent or some two dollar part breaking at the wrong moment.

I think the premise for the show is cool, but almost all of the episodes spend only 3-4 minutes total on my TV screen thanks to my DVR and the lack of meat to the shows...except for the Tosto brothers's episode which is protected from erasing as it was the best episode by far!!!

Nate sent back the following to my proposal, which is his right to do:

"Sorry, PINKS is only title racing.

Nate Pritchett
Casting Director, PINKS
(240) 235-3166 (o)
www.speedtv.com/pinks
www.pullin.tv
* I apologize for the brief nature of this response. In order to
return
everyone's email I have to be as brief as possible. Thank you very
much for
your interest and best of luck to you."

I commend the LS1Tech team for their efforts, but, since I was NOT there, I will refrain from commenting on what happened, or did not, at the track this weeked. Take care. Dave
Thats the nature of the show, the Pinks guys got ragged on the first season because people were giving cars back or making side deals before the show. Thats why they really dont want 'buddies' racing, Tosto had a good angle and pulled it off, so did a few others. There is really no reason to build a high dollar car to run on that show, personally I'd rather watch the beaters run, you can watch high dollar sponsored race cars just about anywhere.

Would I put up my car? No, but I didnt build this car to run for titles on Pinks. If I did it would be a 5000.00 shitbox Thats where the all-out shows come in, I had fun at those but more as a social aspect then really racing - the buy in is less then a T&T day so why not take a shot if its close by.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Its hard to explain the emotions leading up to putting a car on the line. To be honest I had second thoughts leading up to my episode also, but in the end I did race a car that was less than half the value of mine. I can't say I blame them from backing out as long as they make it right with those who sponsered the car which I'm sure they will do. I had a different agenda going in I didn't want another car I just wanted to embarrass some ricers! I think I did that. I would not go on the show again after seeing everything behind the scenes. I now resort to filling up ricers cars with black smoke from my duramax when the opportunity presents itself.

I would be happy to line up with the LS1 Tech car for cash with my old rusty 10.5 LT1 car.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
Its hard to explain the emotions leading up to putting a car on the line. To be honest I had second thoughts leading up to my episode also, but in the end I did race a car that was less than half the value of mine. I can't say I blame them from backing out as long as they make it right with those who sponsered the car which I'm sure they will do. I had a different agenda going in I didn't want another car I just wanted to embarrass some ricers! I think I did that. I would not go on the show again after seeing everything behind the scenes. I now resort to filling up ricers cars with black smoke from my duramax when the opportunity presents itself.

I would be happy to line up with the LS1 Tech car for cash with my old rusty 10.5 LT1 car.
funny i got a 95 camaro lets lock up some money, i think psj has pay pal.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mr Pullin owns the Show. I talked with him at length and he was very upset. However I did get an Invite to come back and race anytime I wanted to. We brought a fast reliable car that absolutely flew. Just ask PSJ and the crew the white Ls1 powered fox was a very very fast race car that ran the number every pass. the crowd loved our car as well.

Its a shame because the black mustang you were racing was a 10.30 on motor and I am sure they would have been willing to do something. It had a 10K race motor in it and it was a good running car with good parts and it hooked hard.

All that siad it was a good time. Just remember John I told you it was a 10.50 tune up not a 10.50 race. You could bring either or.

Originally Posted by Brains
Who was Ken Pullin, and was he there? I'd be upset too because this race, had it gone down how it was originally casted, would have been not only a VERY talked about race but would also set the stage for further GOOD races. Now, they'll keep getting hillbillies and "15 minutes of fame" types on the show, with crapboxes nobody cares to lose. The whole idea of gambling your title is only worth something when you RISK something. We could have just as easily stopped off at the nearest Se Hable Espanol car lot and bought a $1000 shitbox to race, then we wouldn't have cared about losing either. Being on TV isn't the driving force, despite what the Pinks TV crew thought (and kept trying to push).

"But we're providing you $150,000 worth of advertising to be on my show" ... They didn't like it that nobody cared
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kp
Thats the nature of the show, the Pinks guys got ragged on the first season because people were giving cars back or making side deals before the show. Thats why they really dont want 'buddies' racing, Tosto had a good angle and pulled it off, so did a few others. There is really no reason to build a high dollar car to run on that show, personally I'd rather watch the beaters run, you can watch high dollar sponsored race cars just about anywhere.

Would I put up my car? No, but I didnt build this car to run for titles on Pinks. If I did it would be a 5000.00 shitbox Thats where the all-out shows come in, I had fun at those but more as a social aspect then really racing - the buy in is less then a T&T day so why not take a shot if its close by.
Same here, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any purpose built cars that make it to the show, but I feel that they've gotten too far from the original premise of the show. My problem with 90% that do build the cars is that they do so in a very half hearted manor and don't do the testing they should. A very good example of this is the dude in the ranger that just shoved a new 5 speed in his truck and hadn't even gone through all the gears before getting to the track. He ended up having to pull his console and use a BFH on his tunnel to get it to shift properly.
There's too much "Catastrophic failure" for stupid issues such as wiring problems and leaking lines.
The dude in the yellow Nova this weekend didn't have a kit on the car until the previous day. From what Adam said, they didn't even pass tech with it until noon on Sat. The first time they ran the car on the spray was the race he lost it. The only reason it was even on the car is that the show more or less made him... but that's another story.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSANDTA

One of the best shows ever, that had to set the ricer community back a couple years but I did feel kinda bad for them guys. There have been quite a few lopsided episodes, guess it just depends if you want to be on TV or not. Cars are a passionate hobby and Rich is passionate about the show - bound to be some clashes here and there.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Since Motown Muscle Now Owns the Michigan Speed Mustang why don;t you chicago boys come to Milan to get a good Old fashioned *** Whopin. They can take the bottle out of the car and you can spray.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM

with the white ls1 mustang? we can do something ... pm me if you own or have rights to speak for the car
Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rhino
Same here, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any purpose built cars that make it to the show, but I feel that they've gotten too far from the original premise of the show. My problem with 90% that do build the cars is that they do so in a very half hearted manor and don't do the testing they should. A very good example of this is the dude in the ranger that just shoved a new 5 speed in his truck and hadn't even gone through all the gears before getting to the track. He ended up having to pull his console and use a BFH on his tunnel to get it to shift properly.
There's too much "Catastrophic failure" for stupid issues such as wiring problems and leaking lines.
The dude in the yellow Nova this weekend didn't have a kit on the car until the previous day. From what Adam said, they didn't even pass tech with it until noon on Sat. The first time they ran the car on the spray was the race he lost it. The only reason it was even on the car is that the show more or less made him... but that's another story.
I think about 80% of the people have second thoughts about it and just end up tossing a pile together to make the race. Its a fine line really, do you want sponsored high dollar race cars and the associated egos or just some low dollar **** to run hard no matter what. An average guy like me with 40-50K in his car sure as **** isnt going to race it for titles, anyone with half a brain knows a 25 cent part can stop you from making passes. So you have to take what you can get.

But the should make a show with some better quality cars, and let the owners put up 10K instead of the car and go at it. But you already have the all-out stuff plus people just watch the show to see the drama. If you own a 50K race car losing 10K doesnt seem like much but some kid with his duct taped together fox going for broke is pretty entertaining
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just PM the adminstrator over at motown muscle. I am sure he can set something up.

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
with the white ls1 mustang? we can do something ... pm me if you own or have rights to speak for the car
Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Did anyone take photos of our proposed competitor, the alleged 8.80 Mustang? We weren't allowed to see the car, and we were asked to "go home" and leave the track.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Wow so much anger.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
He doesn't have the rights to speak for the LS1 Mustang... NOBODY DOES... Except Motown Muscle as A WHOLE... PERIOD...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Did anyone take photos of our proposed competitor, the alleged 8.80 Mustang? We weren't allowed to see the car, and we were asked to "go home" and leave the track.
You should of told them "it's not your track to tell us to leave".
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I helped him tune up his car. the body was rough "not rusty just rough in terms of trim etc" but it had alot of good parts in it and under it.You would have had a good race their but hey you never know. I know that we did not know exactly what MotownMuscle.com was brining so we built the fastest car we could with what we had.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a few track shots at home. I'll post a link when I have a chance to put them up. Unfortunately all the pics I have are from a point & shoot in the stands, they're not the best shots.

It was a rattle can black fox with a few decals. Not much to look at.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks