Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1curious
when you tried to side deal and setup a buy back before the race you breached contract.
I and quite a few others weren't present for that conversation, we were still coming in from all over the globe. I don't know what all was said, so I don't know what happened there. BUT from my perspective, I can understand WHY the attempt was made, regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

What I'm more focused on is the fact no buyback or cash race even got set up. Someone was butthurt and kept us from racing, after everything was hashed out and everyone seemed in perfect aggreement -- in the lobby prior.

FYI -- it's time ....

Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

The motor in that car cost about 8-10K. it had at least $1k in suspension.
figure it was worth at least 12K.
No way is hell did that motor cost 10k ! If so then why the **** did it not even last 3 passes down the track

Again just some more BS
Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flyin red TA
that looked good to me
Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Boost12
No way is hell did that motor cost 10k ! If so then why the **** did it not even last 3 passes down the track

Again just some more BS
Ford?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

There was no video just sound.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Lets get that setup.
Nothing to setup. Come down to Chitown and we will RACE. Its as simple as that
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea Im sure that pile of **** White mustang will give us a *** whooping !

That White mustang was DEAD CRAWLING ! I could lift at the 1/8 and still clip that things NUTS right off !

Anytime those Motown guys want ACTION send me a PM and they have it!

I got a Little Turbo Mustang with Full INT etc and I will drive the car anywhere
Motown Muscle WILL have both these cars running at our next track rental making exhibition passes. I am inviting you RIGHT NOW to come and try your hand. I hope you are trapping 150+, because that is what you will need to bring. They clocked the stang at 152 on it's first pass.

Still interested?

-Geoff
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when you tried to side deal and setup a buy back before the race you breached contract.

There wasnt a contract signed by PSJ. That was one of Nates complaints. No contract was being signed until we saw the car. All this weekend proved is that "punks" is a joke and is a set up deal for TV. I will just stay with the real racing and let the ricers and such have the TV show.

225-343-9029
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Good God, this thread is a mess.

I'll type up a recap, and clear up a few things, I'l be back in 5-10 minutes.
Fiery Features Director

I know what it costs to build a Mustang. At one point in my life, I was a Ford gal. 351w carb, n2o, suspension... that wasn't a 20k car. I'm not sure I believe that it ever went 8.80's with that set up, but if the owner wants to make that statement, so be it. I know that we wanted to race the Blue Oval guys... we didn't get our race and we are still working on that. The whole Pinks thing was a joke and things just went way out of hand. I think several stories and side conversations were making the whole racing experience more than it had to be. Maybe someone on our end screwed up but we weren't given the "if you do this... this will happen" speech nor do I know anything about the contract. There, I am going by what I was told. So, it became a big cluster **** and now this is where we are. We have given up on Pinks... but not on our race. Stay tuned.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Looks slow to me...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ReiKo
Who gives a **** what you have... We have a 1980 Ford Thunderbird that would bust your ***...

And we have plenty of FULL INTERIOR turbo mustangs that would love to hand you your *** which ever way you want...
We spoke with the driver the night you guys raced and he was totally cool and said he wanted to race on the street etc so I will get in contact with him so we can set this up
Old 08-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
Motown Muscle WILL have both these cars running at our next track rental making exhibition passes. I am inviting you RIGHT NOW to come and try your hand. I hope you are trapping 150+, because that is what you will need to bring. They clocked the stang at 152 on it's first pass.

Still interested?

-Geoff
I could care less about racing at the track. I get down on the street!

And there is no way in **** that white mustang trapped 150 mph with a Ls1 on a Single Nozzle ! Once again more BS !
Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
All this weekend proved is that "punks" is a joke and is a set up deal for TV.
lol @ "punks"
Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Teching In

We spoke with the driver the night you guys raced and he was totally cool and said he wanted to race on the street etc so I will get in contact with him so we can set this up
That driver also told you at that time he wasn't sure about anything since you guys asked him during the taping of the show...

Bring that slug bitch to Detroit... We already traveled out of this state enough...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

One of the Pinks crew told me 148
Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ReiKo
That driver also told you at that time he wasn't sure about anything since you guys asked him during the taping of the show...

Bring that slug bitch to Detroit... We already traveled out of this state enough...
It appears there may be a SCC event on Sept 7th at US 131.
We could meet in the middle and get this done.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brains
One of the Pinks crew told me 148
Yes sir... Thunderstang was moving...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I emailed the show two years ago. They got back to me five months ago and expressed interest in having us on the show. I had pitched the idea of having two internet communities race each other.

The result was that they paired us up with a shop/site that was going to put together a 2000 Mustang GT to run against our 2000 Camaro Z/28. Shortly before the even they told me that the other racer had pulled out, and that they were subbing in carbureted 1987 Mustang GT from Kentucky. It unraveled from there. They indicated in email and on the phone that the guy was low 10’s on motor and he was going to have to slow it down. I agreed to roll with that. I did not like how things were shaping up but we wanted to still race since everybody had tried hard to get the car together.

We were at the track Friday night, and watched them film the MI vs MI episode. During and after that, about five people from the other pairings (MI vs MI & Turbo Mustang vs. 2nd Gen camaro) came up to me or other guys with me, and told us that our opponent told them that they run 10.2 on motor and 8.80 on nitrous. I never talked to Nate or anyone at the track that night because they were too busy, they were filming. Stephanie in production knew we were doing paperwork the following day at noon.

I called Nate the following morning, I said we wanted to talk to him at the track and I wanted to verify that he would be there with Stephanie. He was he was at Waffle House. We went there too since that had already been our plan. I talked to him for a while, and said “I want to talk about how fast those guys are on the bottle, we have nothing for that. I have all our time slips can I get them and can we go over them.” Now keep in mind that they did ask us how our car ran, and Nate said that it was possible (way before the event) that he might hit the track with us. So I always assumed that we should disclose all information.

End of Part 1
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Starfire1
It appears there may be a SCC event on Sept 7th at US 131.
We could meet in the middle and get this done.
Sounds like something can be done for sure... Let me talk to the guys and see whats up...

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks