Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I don't think Rich is a clown, he's the same in person as he is on the show. He's a tv show host and he tries to make stuff fair. Nate and I got out of sorts once our original opponent bowed out. The deal went South from there. In fact 90% of the folk who race on that show never know who they are racing now. We just happened to be in that 10% where we had a slightly different story... web site vs. web site.

We were also willing to be alternates once we were told they had picked a replacement for us, but that did not come together.

I just want to move on at this point and I'm sure they do too.

ADMIN
Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow psj, you have stepped forward and offered to pay retail for the parts.....that should shut some holes, btw you are the man....
Old 08-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Teching In

I have had a chance to review some of these posts but not all. I would like to say the following and leave it at that. LS1Tech not performing on PINKS was very disappointing. John and I agree that this whole thing went south when the original opponent back out of the race on 7-24-07. This was going to be a fantastic episode and my frustration stems from the fact that it didn't happen.

7-24-2007 was the same day the replacement was added and the LS1tech crew was notified of their replacement. Subsequent conversations with LS1tech transpired in which I personally notified the team that the opponent was an 87 GT with a stroked Windsor and nitrous. It was also made clear that the car had the parts to run in the high 8’s on spray but on motor would have a 10.50 tune well before anyone traveled to KC (the owner removed 6 degrees of timing to slow it down to a 10.53 I believe). The original welcome letter sent on 4-12-07 states in short that every car must have a 10.50 tune-up. Regardless of what it is capable of, if the racers agree to the 10.50 race the cars must not run faster. Times are verified by the PINKS staff only. If they run faster than 10.50 it is considered a loss. It would appear that this information did not get sent down the channels of your team judging by the responses.

When concern was immediately brought up by the LS1tech crew, I informed them not to come out to the race if they didn’t want to play by these rules. In fact, this was a conversation we had on multiple occasions up to race day. The entire PINKS staff did exactly what they said they were going to do and I am very proud of the support I received from our show’s executives both then and now.

Showing up to race but saying you will only do it for Cash is not how you get on the show. We are interested in title racing only. As far as I’m concerned the conversation was over when John personally informed me that the only way they would consider racing was if they raced for $5,000. While that is a respectable offer…we are not interested in that. No hard feelings.

Now, lets all put this behind us and wish each other success in future endeavors. I am merely stating what has happened and have no interest in arguing about this with anyone.

Best of luck,

Nate Pritchett
Nate@pullin.tv
Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Dun Dun Dunnnnn!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bowtierodder
hey PSJ, I was reading through the last issue of GM High Tech, and I saw that it said "Pink's Nate Pritchett is building a nitrous car for the drag radial class" at the LSX Shootout. Do you, or anyone else know if he's still gonna
show?
Well, seeing that piece of crap '85 Regal he built for Pinks, I wouldn't show my face in front of builders who know what they're doing.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bait and switch...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man this thread is LONG...

If I were in Johns shoes I would have walked away. A deal is a deal. The deal John agreed to be changed when the original car could not make the show. It looks like John still followed through with trying go along with there program. After all the changes from the original agreement if I were left with an uneasy feeling I would have went with my gut instinct and walked away.

I would think that John problem had the most on the line here. Not only did he have the cost in the car, the cost of traveling, but as well as the fact that he had an agreement to uphold with his sponsors. You know in order to walk away with all he had on line it must have gotten pretty bad.

We were not a sponsor on this deal for one reason. I felt like the few seconds of advertisement you may catch if the camera seen your sticker while cutting across the track was just not worth it.

John and I talked through PHS and I told him if he could get GM-High-tech to pick up an article on it I would give to the cause.
By the time he had found out he was going to get an article in GM-High-tech he did not need anything from us any longer.

So the way I see the advertisement for the sponsors still has the best bang for the buck coming.....

I know pinks have a large showing but think about when you watch the show. There are allot of stickers on the cars you never see. And in many cases for the short time they do show the stickers simply sneezing would cause you to miss it.

I would put my money as an advertiser in the right magazine any day before investing into a possibility of the TV camera grabbing a fast shot of my sticker...

John and Tony have done the right thing and offered any sponsors a chance at getting there money back. But I think anyone that knows the value of what it cost to advertise knows that it is in there best interest to stay invested into this car...

It will be at many races, magazine coverage, and ohm and look at the post count and views in just this thread... This car is already stirring up attentions.lol
Just think about it...

You guys really should give these guys a break. I am sure they have more things to be pissed off about than anyone. I am also sure that they lost more money that anyone. And I am sure that there stress levels and disappointment were shooting through the roof.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 08-15-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by n8tr
every car must have a 10.50 tune-up. Regardless of what it is capable of, if the racers agree to the 10.50 race the cars must not run faster. Times are verified by the PINKS staff only. If they run faster than 10.50 it is considered a loss.
Best of luck,

Nate Pritchett
Nate@pullin.tv
Cars were not of equal value...bottom line.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gollum
Cars were not of equal value...bottom line.
Yep, that is the bottom line. And especially with the seven race format keeping the other racer in it for longer, and the fact that Rich will try to guide negotiations to a fair race, you have to assume it is almost 50-50 to win. Those are not good odds to run a $20,000 car to win a $5,000 car.

I asked the Camaro guys in the first Pinks race Friday night how they liked the new seven race format. They told me the loved it because their car was the biggest POS at the track and still in it after five. Of course, they lost after six, but still.

-Geoff
Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Again to be fair the option was there to pull out before going down there. Since I made the decision to see if it would work, and it did not work, I paid for all the rooms, all the gas, and almost all of the meals for the 10 guys we brought down from Chicago. I felt pretty bad. I believe I spent $2-3K this weekend.

Once I have my title in hand, I will not post about this stuff again. I want to move on.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

every car must have a 10.50 tune-up. Regardless of what it is capable of, if the racers agree to the 10.50 race the cars must not run faster. Times are verified by the PINKS staff only. If they run faster than 10.50 it is considered a loss.
It would appear that your show will turn into a bunch of shitbox cars if these are the rules. I sincerely hope that this does not apply to ALL future episodes! It will only provide incentive for all contestants to build the cheapest 10.50 cars they can cobble together, a problem that is already way too prevalent. You need more shows like the Tosto brothers and the race with LS1tech.com vs. another huge internet site! It doesn't have to be a pony car, the import scene is massive.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Nate_Fr...g_Owned__/2980

well since someone posted already.....

btw, nate raced his blue mustang against my buddies bbc camaro and they called it a draw. so that was why we are ripping on him.

and i also locked in a 1000 race against his car in chicago, whenever hes ready.

Link doesn't work...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

after reading all this. I say.... thanks "LS1TECH" you did what you were supposed too.... maybe "powerblock" (they should) will do a feature on your car, sure that would please all who helped build and/or sponsors some recignition over due.

THANKS LS1TECH
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Showing up to race but saying you will only do it for Cash is not how you get on the show. We are interested in title racing only. As far as I’m concerned the conversation was over when John personally informed me that the only way they would consider racing was if they raced for $5,000. While that is a respectable offer…we are not interested in that.
Interesting.....

Then explain to all of us about the episode featuring Jason Miller and Mike Slowe........

For those of you who are not familiar with that particular episode, the two racers had bikes worth approximately $35K and $40K and neither one would agree to race for titles. The Pinks staff agreed to let them split the cost of an $11K GSXR 1000 and whoever won got the bike.

Soooooo.....anyone want to tell the difference in racing for a bike worth $11K or just putting up cash for $5500 from both participants.

I guess it would have been ok for John to have put up $5K and the other guy put up $5K if they pooled the money together and bought a $10K car to compete for.

<cough>hypocrites<cough>
Old 08-16-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed, though I doubt Nate will answer that one...

In the end the final call is up to the owner of the car, not matter if its on the street or on the track and no matter how much $$$ is involved.

Honestly I would never EVER race on PINKS for slips, to much that can go wrong and I was done when I heard "Im going to give them what they want" for the first time. Id be happy to race on all out just because pretty much all the crap is gone and you don't have to worry about loosing your car because of it.

But considering what my car has run with the pervious owner on one stage alone it would never make it to the money rounds hahaha. That is if they wanted me/you to go ALL OUT, as in both stages ***** to the wall, not staying on the motor.

Remember, racing for slips outside the show and or on the street is really rare and its almost allways for money instead. This coming from somone from "that show" and on a major speed channel show.

If PINKS wants things to be more like real street racing then keep letting people put money up instead or other cars/bikes like they have before.

There are PLENTY of cars that run what my car has run with the previous owner, are all of them super clean? No, a lot are though.

Would I race my car against a BEATER on national TV besides ALL OUT?

HEEEECCCKKKK NO! Even more so if I was representing a site like ours.

I understand PSJ's side in all of this 100%

Thats all I have to say and will try and help let it die

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 08-16-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 AM
11 Second Club

I think the Pinks all out where they race for money is more entertaining because the cars are nicer and faster. Not a bunch of cry babies bitching about how many lengths they are going to get. They need to ditch the main Pinks IMO. Its not fun watching two p.o.s cars go at it. Thats what alot of the cars are on the show. All out is the way to go if the show wants to keep people entertained.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
Interesting.....

Then explain to all of us about the episode featuring Jason Miller and Mike Slowe........

For those of you who are not familiar with that particular episode, the two racers had bikes worth approximately $35K and $40K and neither one would agree to race for titles. The Pinks staff agreed to let them split the cost of an $11K GSXR 1000 and whoever won got the bike.

Soooooo.....anyone want to tell the difference in racing for a bike worth $11K or just putting up cash for $5500 from both participants.

I guess it would have been ok for John to have put up $5K and the other guy put up $5K if they pooled the money together and bought a $10K car to compete for.

<cough>hypocrites<cough>

Or how about the episode where the Van put up a helmet painted like a skull. Just a lot more bullshit coming from Nate it seems. Seems he is very childish. Making up things as he goes along; telling someone that LS1tech pussed out when in fact he told them to leave. Sad really.

I applaud all those involved with the build and I agree whole-heartedly with your decision not to race. It is a shame that the other site was not ready in time, but it seems to me that Nate and the rest of the Pinks staff handled it poorly. Hardly "ambassadors of racing" if you ask me, lol.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Teching In

PSJ, What you have done with the car and everything to get to where you did is simply amazing in itself. Spending the amount of money that you did would leave me pretty angry and I can understand why you would be so agitated over the unorganized state of the Pinks show. You guys really need to show more respect to John, the man has put easily over $20,000 into this project, and didn't even get to race. I find that to be impressive in itself. So thank you John for making such a kick *** car for the LS1Tech community, best of luck in the future dealing with the monkeys that they recently hired to run Pinks.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Leftoverchinese

Or how about the episode where the Van put up a helmet painted like a skull.
But dude, that was a $2000 helmet or something like that.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by juiced_z28
But dude, that was a $2000 helmet or something like that.

no smilies or anything so i can't be sure if you are using sarcasm or not but the point is in nate's post where he probably threw out his back sucking his own pecker stated : "We are interested in title racing only" as if that is the only way to get on the show. when in fact there are other instances that prove that to be false. ie: the helmet, the bike, etc.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks