Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone that wants to talk about racing or street racing PM me... lets not keep this thread semi on topic.

besides i found the KC board.... we'll see what "king of the street" has to say now!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 PM

ok thanks for the update.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Take the street racing stuff to a different thread like in KCSR this thread is about the show.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
oh hellll no hahaha, the camaro naturally!

exxxerrrenntttt keep me posted you *****

PSJ, like I said keep me posted on the status...the boys over at Torq are awaiting eagerly on the final outcome of this entire circus parade. Sorry it went down like this.

Next time I'm over there, I'll grab you a 6 pack.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

My opinion is this thread should be deleted ASAP. We always post on here links about people from other sites taking it out on each other, and we laugh our hearts out as if we don't do the same. I read almost every post up until page 18, and it was like a bunch of kids in the school yard arguing. I have always looked uopn this site as one of the greatest out there, and is the reason i got a 1000+ post count. Obviously it means nothing to those that have more than i do, but the reason i come back is because of the respect and maturity i have read on here. If you have an LSx powered vehicle you can find almost anything you want for your car/truck. Even those with non-LSx or even non-GM are welcomed with open arms. Unlike other sites where if you don't drive or own something representing the site you are sent to hell in less than .5 seconds. Yeah we all get alittle heated at times, and say a few things when we should just step back and calm down. But c'mon guys your arguing over the internet, you ain't going to be anymore or less of a man/woman whether you win or lose the argument.

Now to the topic at hand, i think you guys made one bad-*** car. Whether it would have won or lost, you guys put together a car worthy of representing LS1Tech. And to be able to put so much time into a car, and even some money to possibly lose it in a race you got some *****. I don't care if a sponsor came to me and said we will give you as much money to hook up your car, but you have to race it on Pinks. I would decline the offer, because i rather not risk losing my car for any TV show or any race. In my opinion you guys did the right thing, you were given a set of guidelines to build a car and you did. If the other car was unfinished then they should have called it off, or brought out another equally matched and priced vehicle. If i had the money i would like to go out, and see the LS1Tech car run when they set everything up. They are racing for our site, the one that many of us spend most our day on, the least we can do is support them. If it was your car, or you where a sponsor then yeah you can say your opinion if your angry that you didn't get the air time you expected.

To PSJ and everyone else who had a hand in development of the car, i don't know what set-up you guys got under the hood but it sounds awesome. I say slap on a turbo, and just rip every other car a new one at the next event. Keep us posted on when the car is going to be out again, and its times. You guys got my support!!!
-Joel

Last edited by 2000Hawk; 08-14-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSJ said it. If you don't keep to the actual topic - "Pinks/LS1Tech car/BOC rematch" I'll delete your reply.

If you want to start a different street racing trend - in the street race forum - that's fine and where it belongs. -- Or just take it to PM.

ENOUGH OF THE SLAMMING EACH OTHER. GROW UP.

We'll start with the two post above from WS6Vixen and any thing afterwards

Done deal. Keep it on topic.

David
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man i just read all this man it sounds like a bunch of mustang drivers in here. Racing fun and it always should be. When i was young my dad said there is always someone faster so have fun. Just dont loose to a ricer

The whole pinks thing I'm glad it went down to Pensacola fl on vacation insted of going to see the show being filmed. The funny thing is when i was down in Florida i had alot of of my old street racing friends talking $hit about pinks. They went to a all out show and said it was a joke and they wished they wouldnt of gone.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey PSJ, I was reading through the last issue of GM High Tech, and I saw that it said "Pink's Nate Pritchett is building a nitrous car for the drag radial class" at the LSX Shootout. Do you, or anyone else know if he's still gonna
show?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

2000 hawk I agree I appologize for getting in with this kid and his games. John did represent ls1 tech well. And we don't have a real race track. That is why I started racing boats instead. No crap talking drama and GPS doesn't lie.

Last edited by Navy David SS; 08-14-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Deleted the SLAM
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

I completely understand you, most people don't understand that many of the things they say make them look bad. They say things to try and look big and tough, when at the end you just make themselves look stupid. What i don't understand is why doesn't the show have a few back-ups for every show. I think they should give you an X amount of time to build your car, or atleast get prepared if yours built already. You know like take it to the track set everything up like suspension, tuning, etc. Then 2 weeks before taping of the show they should call or atleast send a rep. over to make sure your ready to go. Because all this does is cause problems, you got situations like these where one guy comes expecting one car. Yet when he arrives hes told the car he set himself up to race wasn't available so they got a replacement that isn't equal. To be honest i like many other people who watch the show hate not running straight up. Ok i understand the bargaining of no nitrous and all that, just like street racing i'll race you but off bottle. But i can't stand i'll give you your nitrous, but i get 9 car lengths. I watched one episode of Pinks All Out and i enjoyed it more, at the end the Final 16 and beyond were all evenly matched. All the races were extremely close, and everything was heads up with everything you got. At the end it was a young black guy in his white foxbody mustang who one. The regular Pinks just isnt as exciting, because of the time they spend their time arguing, about who gets an x amount of lengths and if they can spray.

Anyways back on topic, what class is the LS1Tech Camaro running in at the LSx Shoot Out?
-Joel
Old 08-14-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

What's the story with the title? Does Pinks have it?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 AM

yes the camaro will be there, and i really hope nate will be also!

him and i get along soooooooo well
Old 08-15-2007, 03:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jetlag
Just watch this over and over again, it will make you feel a little better..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9kPWMAnIgc
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'm getting a few kinds of pms...

1) You did the right thing
2) Your crew is really getting carried away in that big thread
3) I'm disappointed I did not see the car run

When it comes to #2, you have to realize that the crew just wanted to race. It's frustrating when things don't come together. There is still frustration.

We'll have the car at the LSX Shootout, and at this point it looks like we will be grudge racing the original opponent, the BOC 2000 Mustang. We have talked to BOC and also to the head of NMCA (who is renting the track) and it's all a go. See you guys there.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
...and at this point it looks like we will be grudge racing the original opponent, the BOC 2000 Mustang...
Things are already working out for the better
Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

And here is what I just posted in the Sponsor Lounge:

I want to thank the sponsors of the car again.

Car was photographed for GMHTP last week, so it looks like there will still be an article though the emphasis might be on the LSX Shootout at this point. I'm not sure how much I can reference the Pinks debacle without getting sued.

We are taking the car to the LSX Shootout, racing it in a class, AND grudge racing our original opponent from BOC.

Now if your company donated free parts, and there are some shops that did, and you do not feel good about our arrangement, shoot me a PM and I will pay you full retail for the parts, if they were new. If they were used, we can devise a value.

JOHN
Old 08-15-2007, 09:58 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

woot. I just deleted about 5 pages worth of bullshit, including some of my own. Basically, anything that wasn't related to this show was removed. Any other off-topic discussions about street racing etc... will also be deleted.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
We'll have the car at the LSX Shootout, and at this point it looks like we will be grudge racing the original opponent, the BOC 2000 Mustang. We have talked to BOC and also to the head of NMCA (who is renting the track) and it's all a go. See you guys there.
Very nice.

Where is it going ro take place at?

Would love to see that one in person.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LSX Shootout is October 11-14, Memphis. Held during the NMCA Final race of the years. I am friends with Steve and Charlie the guys who own NMCA and NMRA. We will be doing a lot with them over the ensuing years.

ADMIN
Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Glad to hear you guys will be getting mention for the car in GMHTP and I look forward to meeting up in Memphis. Who knows, maybe my car will be setup decent enough to run down there.

BTW, I don't know the best words to describe what I really think about Nate and the crew at pinks. Rich is a joke and an Assclown to say the least in my opinion. Nate is just a little rich boy ***** that thinks he sets the bar for that type of racing/gambling and him being one of the ultimate authorities and influences of what happens on that show is all the reason more to not even deal with those idiots.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks