Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never seen one post from BOC or ever heard of them.

Now the guys from the ess are tee neon site I could see a rivalry - I'd pay to see that race lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Kail and Bob Ecker intimated that the show could be in it's final season Rick.

And our viewership is more like 250,000 - 350,000 a month, based on the number of unique IP visits. And it's obviously not the same folks throughout an entire year. So I would never compare our viewership of say 500,000 annually with Pinks 3mi per year, but it's an interesting number nonetheless.

Rick I don't know what number my Camaro will run with the big boy jets, and the car does have two fully functioning nitrous kits. But unlike the various cars that ran that weekend or were present, we didn't go through several engines or transmissions and the car is still not broke. So while folks can be proud of keeping the cars low buck, I also know what folks broke and it was a lot of stuff.

That night could our car have run a 9.5 or 145 traps? Sure... Who knows. But since our car was not a gutted like yours or the others (I read the thread on other sites and know what the cars weighed), we would be trying to run strong with maybe 400 more lbs than some of the cars. The nitrous record for a 346ci is 9.32, and yes I think we can beat it but not 'safely.'

The best cheapest way to get a car done for this show is to buy a done car, and fix stuff on it. LS1 cars are a lot more than older 5.0's etc., older 5.0's are of course as old as 3rd gens.

I've seen some $10K cars sell on the site, that you could put $3K into and they would run strong. Hard to do it cheaper than that.

And we never wussed out of ****, that replacement Mustang was not a car we wanted and blah blah blah blah blah.

Was that grape Koolaid?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Hmmmm interesting considering the producer point blank stated that the show has seen a major drop in viewers and was looking to fix that problem. He also stated that this could be the last season for the show. Sounds like all the "viewers" are starting to realize what a joke the show really is.
Sounds like viewers want faster and closer races. They want more coverage of what's going on and what it takes to race. TV is a drug and you need more of it to get the same buzz every time. Good producers figure out the way to get it done. All Out was the next step in the chain. Season 5 will bring some more interest back to leverage All Out.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Kail and Bob Ecker intimated that the show could be in it's final season Rick.

And our viewership is more like 250,000 - 350,000 a month, based on the number of unique IP visits. And it's obviously not the same folks throughout an entire year. So I would never compare our viewership of say 500,000 annually with Pinks 3mi per year, but it's an interesting number nonetheless.

Rick I don't know what number my Camaro will run with the big boy jets, and the car does have two fully functioning nitrous kits. But unlike the various cars that ran that weekend or were present, we didn't go through several engines or transmissions and the car is still not broke. So while folks can be proud of keeping the cars low buck, I also know what folks broke and it was a lot of stuff.

That night could our car have run a 9.5 or 145 traps? Sure... Who knows. But since our car was not a gutted like yours or the others (I read the thread on other sites and know what the cars weighed), we would be trying to run strong with maybe 400 more lbs than some of the cars. The nitrous record for a 346ci is 9.32, and yes I think we can beat it but not 'safely.'

The best cheapest way to get a car done for this show is to buy a done car, and fix stuff on it. LS1 cars are a lot more than older 5.0's etc., older 5.0's are of course as old as 3rd gens.

I've seen some $10K cars sell on the site, that you could put $3K into and they would run strong. Hard to do it cheaper than that.

And we never wussed out of ****, that replacement Mustang was not a car we wanted and blah blah blah blah blah.

Was that grape Koolaid?
John, you've spent a life time what iffing numbers. Everyone knows the spiders run plenty of revolving unique IPs and the number of masked hits they generate while they catalog the site. The amount of ID spoofing that goes on to generate spam IDs. Then it's safe to say that everyone here checks from home and work, if not school and the girlfriend's house as well, to keep up on threads. So let’s not worry about the "unique" amount of traffic. The listed IDs less 10% for double IDs, spam IDs is plenty reasonable. Let's not BS the IT guys here.

Sure you could have gotten a 9.5s on paper and maybe even on the track. What were those 60's again? Come on though... you think you have a 9.32s but you're going to "safe" race. Would it survive doing it on one kit or two? We won't ever know and even if it does do it at the LSX event, I'm guessing it won't be over 95 degrees and it won't be on the 7th pass with hot lapping. I'll loan you our lucky stock double jointed drive shaft that's been that fast.

Once again though, paper and calculations are not the same as a time slip. I believe you pointed that out to me last year when we compared some numbers for pump gas street cars last year. I wasn't allowed to what if our 300lbs weight differnce because you had the slip.

I believe I said BOC pussied out and not LS1Tech. I said you guys knew they were the weak link and should have taken it out on them weeks before the trip to KC. They still owe you the PINKS race since they agreed to do it and they left you hanging in the wind. If they won't give it to you though you can come out to Milan and watch the cars go at it again for the hell of it.

The Koolaid was cherry.

Rick
Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

This thread is about us not racing, not whether Rick Linehan has come of age because you flogged a car with a blown head gasket on TV.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I vote for Rick to take Nate's position on the show. It seems he knows everything about anything, so it is a good fit.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think you could tell the difference.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
This thread is about us not racing, not whether Rick Linehan has come of age because you flogged a car with a blown head gasket on TV.
I'm sorry, I'll step away and let the pitty party continue.

Rick
Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I vote for Rick to take Nate's position on the show. It seems he knows everything about anything, so it is a good fit.
How does that pott and kettle line go again ?

Rick
Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
How does that pott and kettle line go again ?

Rick
No idea Nate Jr.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

All I have to add to this thread is that foxbodies are gay.

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Soooo anyway, my friend Steve Wolcott from NMCA said he would let us do a grudge race with BOC. I'll check to see if BOC is really wanting to do something for sure otherwise we will only race in some classes.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Teching In

BTW PSJ... You guys have brand new parts of everything... We used what we had laying around... Including that junkyard C4 that god knows what was done to it...

And last time I checked... This isn't class racing... Weight doesn't mean a THING...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

New or used it dont matter, run it!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Awesome. I did get the original car for $5,000, still would have cost $10K just hard to do an LS1 with a forged bottom end and a 9" that will hold up at 3200 raceweight.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh man, what i would give to see us go against svtperformance.com. I would LOVE to see that race.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

A little off topic here but I just saw that episode where the poor guy in the black 72 Nova with a BBC and the true flame paint was absolutely set up, raped with no lube and ROBBED by the opponent Alex Djordvec... and the PINKS crew IMO. They basically pulled a great bait and switch on him, subbing in that 95 LT1 race car that was worth half of what the nova was, but was probably an 8-second car. Everytime I see that episode I feel sooooo bad for the nova guy!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96redcamaro
oh man, what i would give to see us go against svtperformance.com. I would LOVE to see that race.
Yep...and it'll be a pullied Terminator just like EVERY damn car on that site! lol
Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Regular

Lol, when I first read it my first thought was SVTP, I think that would be pretty sweet. Im pretty sure they could build a nice car over there and make a great show, id watch.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

If SVTPerformance wants to do a grudge race that would be cool. Let's limit it to one power adder.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks