Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how'bout a bit more turbo benchracing since you're a bit limited on how much work you can do on the car at this point?

Specifically, I was curious how you thought you came out on cost with the big, expensive single(s) compared to the cost of a twin setup? And for that matter, what you now feel the relative strengths and weaknesses of each are?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
No updates on the heads. Shawn had hoped to have the motor finished by the last week this month. Rods showed up monday, pistons should be here today so we can probably get the shortblock rockin. Valves should also be here any time. Just need heads so we can get the shortblock assembled and order the pushrods.

I've got a couple guys standing by to help do the final fab work so we can get it back together and if the stars align make the 1st race @ MIR on the 15th.
We have heads and a motor but no car to put them in. LOL !
Always somethin !

We might be able to make the 15th ... only problem is the first 275 race is the 1st.

See you out there soon... 2 weeks maybe? haha !
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ATVracr
We have heads and a motor but no car to put them in. LOL !
Always somethin !

We might be able to make the 15th ... only problem is the first 275 race is the 1st.

See you out there soon... 2 weeks maybe? haha !
hope your chassis guy isn't like most of them out there that take 3x longer than they intitially tell you it will take...
Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball
hope your chassis guy isn't like most of them out there that take 3x longer than they intitially tell you it will take...
Don't go there... I don't even like talking about that.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
No updates on the heads. Shawn had hoped to have the motor finished by the last week this month. Rods showed up monday, pistons should be here today so we can probably get the shortblock rockin. Valves should also be here any time. Just need heads so we can get the shortblock assembled and order the pushrods.

I've got a couple guys standing by to help do the final fab work so we can get it back together and if the stars align make the 1st race @ MIR on the 15th.
Don't worry Phil-**** happens and it all pans out in the end-
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully we got the head problem behind us. The heads were promised to be at Marcellas place by the first of next week so he can get the intake done, than ship the package down to shawn so he can finish up the heads. Initally Shawn had hoped to have the motor done by the last week this month, we've rescheduled for the 2-3 week next month but I am not so confident that the heads and intake will arrive in time to meet that deadline. I certainly hope Shawn is right on this one.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hate waiting for parts.......
Old 03-18-2011, 05:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good news Phil - hopefully it's true.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:55 AM
9 Second Club

2 more weeks !!

We just got a whole pallet of them in.... how many do you need Phil ?

LOL !

Last edited by ATVracr; 03-18-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 AM
7 Second Club

Old 03-18-2011, 09:28 AM
9 Second Club

Do they look anything like this.....

Just messin with ya Phil.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM
7 Second Club

LOL, you would think that since Virginia Speed is their #1 dealer they would hook somebody up and send our set to shawn and send a set of castings to Marcella for intake fabrication. It would probably cut a week off the deal knowing we need to do some fab work.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

That makes too much sense. Why would you ever expect people in the automotive industry to do things logically!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Race your car!

The things that bother me about the above pictures:

1. If you have castings done, and people are waiting for them, what the HELL are they doing on a pallet on the floor, why are they not lined up going into the CNC, and if they are done being CNC'd, why are then back on the pallet, they should be on an assy bench to get put together and SHIPPED, even if that means it's one set at a time!

2. Allowing a picture like that to be taken and posted is just one more way to make sure that people remain PISSED OFF AT YOU!!! Get that **** done and get it out the door.. having a picture like that get taken and allow it out the door is a SLAP IN THE FACE!

3. Being that I've been in the manufacturing industry in one way or another for 13 years now, I can tell you one thing for sure: A company, with a product that people are DYING to get their hands on, DOES NOT MAKE $ WHEN THEIR PRODUCT IS SITTING ON A PALLET IN THE SHOP, NOT SHIPPING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!! This is proof positive of what was wrong at ET, PI, and now MAST apparently. Don't get me wrong this is an issue, a BIG issue at all kinds of industry all over the country... but my point is that YOU DO NOT MAKE ANY $ WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR PRODUCT SIT ON THE FLOOR AND NOT SHIP IT!!!!!

4. This is proof positive, that if someone can develop a head that is comparable to this, and JUST deliver it when they say they will to the customer, that Mast isn't going to make any $ with this particular product...... People that drop 8 grand on a set of heads, don't like waiting 8 months for them!

At this point Phil, I would put a complaint up in the vendor feedback portion of the site, for not getting what you've paid for in a timly fashion, I'd love to see what the results would be. Obviously there's nothing that you can do to make up for lost time, but in the end... people across the board need to be aware of the customer service, or blatent lack thereof.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the problem JL... They've got a corner on the market. At that level you can't just say "To hell with it" and throw a set of 317's on the car and roll out.

It's a shame
Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Race your car!

No you can't. But Allpro has a very good offering, and the last time I checked they were working on something new. The Edlebrock casting, I don't know if it's 100% as of yet or not... but you'd think people would be trying to make it so, with the way these things are to try to get.

In the end, I'd rather buy allpro just beacuse YOU CAN GET THEM.... There's not a chance in HELL I would pay someone 8 grand up front for a set of heads, AND WAIT A YEAR FOR THE FRIGGIN THINGS!!! That, is CRAPPY BUSINESS!!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, you can get allpros, but when they crack in an area that "shouldn't be stressed" and they've changed the part number, what happens? They "fix" the problem, only to have it fail again and offer to sell you a new set of heads when the fix breaks.

Then you send them to VA Speed, they get fixed, and there's no more problems.

Granted the heads were older, but after seeing that scenario played out, I'd be weary myself.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Race your car!

I've heard that story too.. and am not sure what to think of that.. but at least allpro is doing something to help the situation.

Mast... in order to even have that problem you'd have to have the product in a bunch of people's hands..... know what I mean?

There's still the edlebrock casting.. that's somewhat untested, and may turn out to be a good deal as well.....

I just can't believe, that even after ET, then PI gets bought out that the same exact crap is going on.. I thought this was the entire reason that Mast bought them, was to resolve this very issue!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's just dumb... It really is.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to drop the cylinder head discussion. Only me, Phil and Mast Motorsports know what going on. Everybody is getting all worked up and don't know the entire story.

We have a set of the best ls cylinder heads on the planet coming for the baddest ls engine ever to grace this planet. This combination will surely be the benchmark by which all other ls engines are compared to. Have we waited for the heads-yes, but like most other great things they will be more than worth the wait.

Quick Reply: SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"