Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anti roll bar...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssrbolt
Yeah, I was just gonna say that. I called them asking some info about it and Mike (it was Mike) said they had only showed it at the street nationals and or something in Orlando. Is that WSN maybe? That must be the pics that started this thread.

Madman,
If it was only in Orlando, and you weren't there I guess, how does it only look like a piece for the 11 - 12 sec crowd when you haven't even looked? I look up to you big names (Madman) and value your opinions very much since you usually know what you're talking about... but how can you have an opinion when you haven't actually seen something? I hate liars.
I think if you look at the piece being it is a bolt on item you most likely wouldn't put it on a really fast car, when you have cars running with well over 1,000 HP you really don't use bolt on items.

As far as Madman, I have seen him do nothing but try to help people out and last time I checked he doesn't market his own anti roll bar so why would he be biased in the first place and to call some one a liar with probably 100x the experience of 95% of people on this site kind makes you look like you're
Old 11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Last I've seen, it doesn't take 1000 hp to run 10's or 9's even. I used to run 10.001's @ 142 w/ 1.31 60 fts. (yeah, no 9's) a few years back... hmmm, I used nothing but bolt-ons besides a cage and subframe connectors that were welded in. And I know I didn't have the budget to make 1000 hp, dynoed 430 at the wheels w/ a shot of spray. I don't weld and all I could do was bolt parts on, including front and rear suspension... stock suspension.

Im not doubting Madman's experience or anything like that. Im not saying he's biased. I don't really care either way, they (Madman & co.) make some nice stuff for sure. I would just like to know if HE's actually seen it... cuz THEN his point on being good only on 11 and 12 second cars might be something to consider. I was just calling his bluff cuz his facts weren't adding up, thats all. I know bolt-ons are fine for some of us on a tight budget that can't afford to mini tub a car and put a 25.5 cage in a car... but still want to run in the 8's or 9's w/ stock-type suspension.

Oh, and I appreciate the name calling. I might have to tell on you.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Chris, you seem to be missing the point that the "stock suspension" classes are supposed to only use bolt on parts. Unfortunately, rules keep changing and making this less and less true.

I have said it a bunch, but I am going to say it one more time: Will Stevenson's Camaro has completely bolt on suspension parts with the exception of the crossbar for the torque arm and the mounts for the "factory style" sway bar that is currently on his car. Stock shock locations, stock rear springs (as in the originals that the car came with from the factory), stock control arm locations, stock panhard rod location, bolt on front K-member, front shocks/struts bolt in the only major welding that has taken place on that car is the 25.5 roll cage and the mini tubbing. I personally think its awesome that he can say this and still have one of the quickest drag radial cars in the country, alot of the other racers have interpreted the rules (which are fairly loose for alot or ORGs) and have used them to their advantage to have a more adjustable/adaptable suspension under their cars. I dont even think that rear coil over shocks should be allowed in a "stock suspension" class but again that is just my personal opinion

Maybe Madman thought he saw this piece at the LSX shoot-out, but its become apparent that he didnt. Kinda seems like there is an elephant in the room eh?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Cutlass and ssrbolt, if you guys are just here to cause trouble and talk ****, I'll be happy to close both of your accounts. You would THINK that a thread that already has a negative tone and Admin intervention would try and draw as little attention as possible.

Give it a rest please, move on to another subject.

Quick Reply: anti roll bar...