Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice JR, allways wonderd what one of those cars would look like under the hood missing all the holes in the metal. AKA the shot gun blast holes all over the place.

After nwinter I am going to want to have some paint stuff done on my car, Ill hit you up for sure.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 03-08-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just cut the door bar out and make a new one, mount the seat, get in the seat, then measure a spot between your shoulder and elbow and make the new bar run there.

The rest looks pretty good, nice welds too.

Might try a little less angle something close to this if you want it bent.
Attached Thumbnails My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)-093.jpg  
Old 03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Looks nice JR, allways wonderd what one of those cars would look like under the hood missing all the holes in the metal. AKA the shot gun blast holes all over the place.

After nwinter I am going to want to have some paint stuff done on my car, Ill hit you up for sure.

Just hit me up when your ready!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RAGENZ28
Just cut the door bar out and make a new one, mount the seat, get in the seat, then measure a spot between your shoulder and elbow and make the new bar run there.

I think I'm going to call the guy and talk with him about re doing that door bar. I think we can get it passed around here, but I'm affaid of going out of town to another track and getting turned down. I would be so pissed!!!

Last edited by JRracing; 03-09-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Well I got the seat brackets done. I got the drivers seat to be able to slide all the way back to try and help with the side bar problem. It's close to making it, with my hand on the bottom of the wheel, my elbow it right at the bar. I may let it ride and see what happens. I used some 1/8 mild steel flat stock to make the passenger seat bracket. It is very stout.

I also got the shifter plate mounted. I welded three bolts to the bottom of the plate to bolt the shifter to. I used a 10 gauge plate of steel and welded it to the floor. It is very solid.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

Is an adjustable seat legal by nhra rules? I really want it to be adjustable.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

I also got the news my motor is ready to be picked up from the machine shop. Finally! We will be building it over the next month or so. I need to get mt other motor back in the camaro first. I'm ready to drive that dam car, it's been down since August.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

I like how that carb looks sitting ontop of that ls1
Old 03-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Awesome progress, can't wait to get beat by the final result.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Good news, I got my motor back in my camaro and up and running. So once I button up a few things on it, we are going to put the 383 on the motor stand and start building it.

I also have a NHRA inspector coming over this week to inspect the cage to see if the door bar will cert. If not I will have to redo it. We'll see.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Well I had the NHRA tech guy at my shop today to inspect the cage..... he said the driver side door bar is to low.
So I called the guy who did the cage and talked with him about re doing that bar asap. I'm taking it back to his house next week and it should only take him one night to fix it.
The tech guy also said I need a seat brace coming off the cage to the back of the seat. So I might try to get the guy to make that as well.

I'll post up pics when I get it back.

other then that I have not done much else to the car. But we are going to start assembling the motor next week.

I also took some time to get the other motor back in the camaro and got it running. I put about 45 miles on it the other day. It drives great.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RAGENZ28

Well I took the car back to the guy who did the cage last night. He cut the door bar out and made it just like in your picture above. We just went with a straight bar and curved it around the arm rest. It will pass tech now with out a dout. But the we left the passenger side bar the way it was. It will make it easier to get in and out of. I got a few pics of it, but I left the camera at the shop for another job I am working on. It's a big one. I will post a few this weekend.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Here is a pic of the new door bar and one of the old bar to comapre it to.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:43 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to revive an older thread, but I gotta ask the million dollar question.....Jeremy, any more progess on the Mustang?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

HAHA, I knew some people were wondering how it was going. I did manage to get the cage and floor pan painted with por 15. It looks great. I tried to upload them one night but I lost the pics in the process. I need to get some new ones.
That's about it really. The past few months I have been spending a great deal of time trying to get on the Fire Dept. I want to be a full time fireman and run my body shop on my off days. My father and brother both work for fire depts and I thought it would be a great thing for me to get into now that I have a family!!
I've applied at three different departments. So I've been at the gym almost every night getting in shape and studying for there written tests. I'm still in the running at Pike Township on the NW side of Indy. I find out next week were I rank out of 150 people who passed the written test. From 400 who applied!

So, now that that is kinda winding down I'm ready to start assembling the engine now. I need a few parts for the top end but I at least want to get the bottom end assembled and start measuring what head gasket size I will need to run.

The parts I need for the top end.
1. Caddy lifters, something happened to my comps, one of the pins fell out of the roller, so I do not trust them now.
2. yella terra ultra lite adjustable 1.7 RR's.
3. full set of engine gaskets. I think I'm going to use a set of fel-pro head gaskets this time.
4. GMPP bow tie valve covers.

I will post some pics of the cage now that it is painted. And I hope to have some pics of the short block all built in a few weeks.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Actually the pics were still on the camera, good. Here they are.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

We are going to start building the 383 short block this weekend. I will take some pics along the way. I just got the caddy lifters along with a new set of ls2 lifter trays and a set of yella terra ultra lite 1.7 adjustable roller rockers.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Here is a few pics of the rotating assembly and the block clearancing process we had to do.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Very cool. My next project is going to be a carbed lsx coupe.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Well we finally got the short block built. What should of took 2 weeks at most, took two months due to my motor head buddies hectic schedule and mine. He really takes his time in checking all the details and clearances. But we finished it up this past week end. Now I am going to install the wind-age tray and timing set/cam, and covers. Now we are ready to what head gasket and PR length we need to use.

I also changed my plans on putting a sump in the tank and choose to just buy a sumped plastic 12 gallon fuel cell with a sending unit. I have it mounted and a sheet metal skid plate made for the sump. I need a few more fittings to finish that up.

Once we get the motor sitting in the car, everything else will go pretty fast.... I hope....

Quick Reply: My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)