Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few goodies I got going on the motor. A Mereire race pump and BMR adj altinator bracket. And the painless race car wiring harness with fuse panel and 8 switch panel.

Also, check out the right motor mount that easily broke when pulling the motor. Glad I pulled it, it would broke going down the track I'm sure.

Last edited by JRracing; 01-06-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
thing is going to be a beast...

im slacking on the 9 inch..its sitting in the garage just need to get the damn bearings pressed on.

i hate reading your guys build threads they go so fast...makes me feel lazy lol.

Chad
I was just wondering the other day if you had that put in yet. LOL, those bearings are a bitch, I hate those. I had to pay $60 to get them pulled off at some shop. I pressed them on ok, but it takes a bearing splitter to get behind them to come off.

The build is not go as fast as I would like, I had to screw with that dam msd box for weeks, It set me back a bit. So now I'm in high gear. And the list of things to do is growing as I go. Go figure. I want it right though!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JRracing
I was just wondering the other day if you had that put in yet. LOL, those bearings are a bitch, I hate those. I had to pay $60 to get them pulled off at some shop. I pressed them on ok, but it takes a bearing splitter to get behind them to come off.

The build is not go as fast as I would like, I had to screw with that dam msd box for weeks, It set me back a bit. So now I'm in high gear. And the list of things to do is growing as I go. Go figure. I want it right though!!!
hah unfortunately between the holidays, a Marine funeral, drill, work, time for the car is hard to come by...calling up a shop tom to get the u joint p.ressed in and the new bearings and should be set.

also might be going to a built 4l60E if a deal works out on the site... awesome build man can't wait to see it going down the track.

Chad
Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
hah unfortunately between the holidays, a Marine funeral, drill, work time is hard to come by...calling up a shop tom to get the u joint p.ressed in and the new bearings and should be set.

also might be going to a built 4l60E if a deal works out on the site... awesome build man can't wait to see it going down the track.

Chad

You should check RPM's tranny's, the build some bad *** 4l60's.

It will be mid to late spring before the car is ready for some testing.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JRracing
You should check RPM's tranny's, the build some bad *** 4l60's.

It will be mid to late spring before the car is ready for some testing.
got a deal going for a built 4L60E thru ACE here hopefully...

Chad
Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would love to have that intake and carb on top of my car. Can you post some pics of the bracket that holds the throttle cable and where can i get one like that? thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

I got the ford wiring harness and the dash pulled tonight. It's starting to look very empty. HAHA.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

My little brother has a '92 Fastback....he'd probably be able to understand that Ford harness

Did you go with the Painless #50002 kit or the "Competition" version?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Well I got almost all of the engine bay welded up. I was welding for about 8 hours. I bet I welded up 100 holes in that car. I only left like 4 holes. The steering shaft, brake booster, oil line and throttle cable. Oh and one other large hole for the wiring harness for the stuff out front like lights. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need those lol.
Now I have about 4 hours of grinding ahead of me. I'm going to start on that tomorrow after I finish up a collision job. Between now and Friday I hope to have all the body work done on the engine bay and in primer.

I will post pics later, I left the camera at the shop.

I also got some work done on the engine I pulled out of the stang. I tore it down and got the T-Rex cam out and the Torquer V3 put in. I need to switch out the oil pans for the one that goes on the camaro and build the rest of the motor back up. I also painted the ls6 intake gloss black with bc/cc. It does not look as good as the fast 90 did but better than just a plain ol stock one. I hope to have the motor fully built by next week. I'm waiting on some gaskets to come in.

Scott, I'm not sure of the part # on the painless kit. I will confirm tomorrow. I will also lay out the ford harness I pulled out and take some pics of it. It was pretty heavy though.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice ride! Just a question, how comfortable are those seats? I'm looking at something similar but may be doing a 2-3 hour drive a couple times a year to track days and such and wanting to know if they're forgiving at all?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
My little brother has a '92 Fastback....he'd probably be able to understand that Ford harness

Did you go with the Painless #50002 kit or the "Competition" version?
The wiring kit is the 50003. Same thing as the 50002 but with the switch panel.

Bring your OCD *** down here and help me wire up this thing lol.
Check out the harness I pulled out.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Out1aw
Very nice ride! Just a question, how comfortable are those seats? I'm looking at something similar but may be doing a 2-3 hour drive a couple times a year to track days and such and wanting to know if they're forgiving at all?
These seats are very comfortable. It fits me like a glove. I'm 5' 6" and 175lbs. I would take it on a short cruise and be fine I think. Only time will tell.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

Pictures of the progress. Here's the ford wiring gutted out of the car and the dash pulled.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Here is the welding and body work on the engine bay. I have about 8 hours in the welding, 4 hours of grinding and about 15 hours in mud work. I will be primering it tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 AM
'Bird Director

Lookin' good! Send me your address, and I might come down!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
'Bird Director

How's the car coming along Jeremy?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

I've taken a little break from it. I'm waiting on the guy who is going to be doing the cage work. He was backed up at work and has not had the time to get this other car finished. But now he is back at it and wants three more weeks to get it done.

So I've spent some time on the camaro and painted the fire wall and strut towers. They had a lot of scratches from working on it in the tight space. I also polished the A/C lines and evaporator, they look pretty good. I also had my buddy put the new 4.10 motive gear in the 10 bolt. And put the other front shock back together. I just need to get the front shock put on and the rear end put in the car and it will be ready to put the motor and tranny back in.

Speaking of, I got the motor all put together with the Torquer 3 cam and ls6 intake with a ported TB. But when we were rotating the motor over and tightening the rockers, we noticed the springs almost looked to be in coil bind. The T v3 has more intake lift then the T Rex. So we need to pull some springs and check the installed height of them and see what the coil bind is on the Patriot gold springs. It looks pretty sitting on the engine stand though. I will snap some shots of it this weekend.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Lookin' good! Send me your address, and I might come down!
Thanks for the offer, I will let you know if I need a extra hand some time!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Here is a pic of the ls1 out of the mustang, ready to go into the camaro.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

I'm dropping the car off tomorrow to have the cage work done. The guy finally got time to get me in. It will be done mid next week.

Quick Reply: My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)