Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Appearing List....ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock Appearing List....ideas

If you read the stock internal list thread...it looks like we really need a new list. I think it would be a great list that would be very competitive.

so lets get some ideas going on what should and should not be allowed.

I'm looking at the list in the terms of "what a "stock" ls1 with the right combo of "stock" parts is capable of"

no power adders, any drivetrain, bolt-ons allowed with exceptions

Block- stock untouched gm ls1 or ls6 block only
cubes- stock cubes
pan- stock gm pan
bearing, rings, seals- acceptable to replace with oem parts set to oem specs
rod bolts- acceptable to replace with aftermarket parts
rods- stock untouched ls1, ls6 rod assembly
pistons- stock untouched ls1, ls6 pistons
crankshaft- stock untouched ls1, ls6 crank
head gasket- acceptable to replace with aftermarket sizes
head bolts- acceptable to replace with oem bolts or studs
heads- stock gm heads untouched, limited to castings 806, 933, 853, 241, 243
valves- stock untouched gm valves from any casting above
valve springs- stock ls1, ls6, or comp cams 918's valve springs
valve spring retainers/locks- stock ls1, ls6 retainers and locks (comps will work with oem parts)
rocker arms- stock ls1/ls6 rocker arms, acceptable to replace bearings with aftermarket assembly
pcv system- stock ls1 or ls6 pcv system only
intake manifold- any untouched gm ls manifold
throttle body- any untouched gm ls TB
fuel pump- acceptable to replace the fuel pump with aftermarket unit
fuel rails/injectors- stock ls1, ls6 injectors and rails
coil packs- stock ls1, ls6 coil packs
spark plug wires- open to aftermarket
spark plugs- open to aftermarket
water pump- open to aftermarket
exhaust- open to aftermarket
computer system- open to any tunning system. the use of mas air or speed denisty is allowed

well what did I miss?
what are everyones thoughts?

once I puke my current motor, I'm really wanting to just put a stock motor in the car and have at it

Last edited by dlove; 12-02-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Stock to me would mean you don't touch the motor period, and adding bolt ons is a bolt on car.

Swapping head casting numbers with higher flow numbers that came on a different year wouldn't seem to fit a stock motor to me, that's like taking your 350, ditching your camel hump heads and putting on a set of vortech heads, they are both factory but still bolt on, kinda get my point?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is that all of us have been in the LSX game for years and we drag race the **** out of our cars. For someone to replace a valvetrain part like a spring or retainer, it should still qualify as stock internals because you are not changing the bottom end, nor the heads, cam, rockers, or any other part that produces more power and thus reducing E.T.s
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Matt D
The problem is that all of us have been in the LSX game for years and we drag race the **** out of our cars. For someone to replace a valvetrain part like a spring or retainer, it should still qualify as stock internals because you are not changing the bottom end, nor the heads, cam, rockers, or any other part that produces more power and thus reducing E.T.s
What about springs with advantages though? Beehive springs with titanium retainers and locks will have a power advantage over stock type size springs/retainers.

I think replacing factory parts with factory type or comparable parts would be ok.

But things like swapping cams from different year LS motors would be modified to me.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

remember this is not stock internal....this is stock appearing
Old 12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RAGENZ28
What about springs with advantages though? Beehive springs with titanium retainers and locks will have a power advantage over stock type size springs/retainers.

ooh i forgot retainers and locks
Old 12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,137 Likes on 740 Posts

So far I am not a fan sorry. I don't get the difference, and am not sure that folks would really care either Derrick.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
So far I am not a fan sorry. I don't get the difference, and am not sure that folks would really care either Derrick.
Yeah I think so as well, I sure am not leaving my car stock.

I'll be a slow turbo car, slow heads and cam car, slow bolt on car, slow nitrous car, but it will still be faster than stock

Who really cares when you say yeah well my car is stock and runs 13.1, when people are running boltons and tuned chassis in the 11's. Without even touching the motor.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Retired Street Racer

Yeah I agree John. We have a Stock Internal, Cam Only, Fastest N/A stock cube, & Fastest any cube N/A. That should cover all of the motor guys setups.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Retired Street Racer

Who really cares when you say yeah well my car is stock and runs 13.1, when people are running boltons and tuned chassis in the 11's. Without even touching the motor.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I agree John. We have a Stock Internal, Cam Only, Fastest N/A stock cube, & Fastest any cube N/A. That should cover all of the motor guys setups.
Stock internal would be the same especially if you are saying stock factory part motors with some bolt ons allowed.

PS Matt you never told me how you got what you did to get that thing to run 11's stock internals
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

my thought on another list is about the same. it would be cool, but there are lots of list already. I dont know of any other car with so many list.

there was talk of another list in the stock internal list thread. this thread shows what that other list would entail....which is alot. and for no gain other than braggin rights, it wont go anywhere.

I still want to put a stock motor in my car and have fun though
Old 12-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Retired Street Racer

Stock internal would be the same especially if you are saying stock factory part motors with some bolt ons allowed.

PS Matt you never told me how you got what you did to get that thing to run 11's stock internals
It is all on my FQuick page bro. All of the parts I have on the car and all of the things I took out for weight reduction. We just took out the heat and passenger side airbag today. All of it weighed 60lbs together.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

im a LT1 guy... but the way i look at it is either a bolt on car... which is dont touch the motor just add bolt ons... and then modified engines... i am going for the LT1 bolt on record (11.80) once achieved i will prolly start building the motor
Old 12-03-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The antique musclecar guys race a stock appearing class. They are all stroked out though . Any cam or heads. The limit for them is tire size. My neighbor did it with his 69, because he got bored with slicks and a tunnel ram. I liked non sleeper look though. He only fools stupid people and cops.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

It is all on my FQuick page bro. All of the parts I have on the car and all of the things I took out for weight reduction. We just took out the heat and passenger side airbag today. All of it weighed 60lbs together.
You barely took out the heat? A/C and heater were first things to go on mine in 98.

60 Pounds is cool
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Yep, all without any minimum weight requirement, thereby making the challenge more like "who can strip the most **** off their cars". I'm sorry but I fail to see the challenge, and I fail to see how there can be a "record" without some kind of weight rule. I'm not saying that it has to be a fully loaded street car, but some of the **** I've seen not only looks like a theft recovery but makes the car less than safe at any speed.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by TS6
Yep, all without any minimum weight requirement, thereby making the challenge more like "who can strip the most **** off their cars". I'm sorry but I fail to see the challenge, and I fail to see how there can be a "record" without some kind of weight rule. I'm not saying that it has to be a fully loaded street car, but some of the **** I've seen not only looks like a theft recovery but makes the car less than safe at any speed.
If you go to my FQuick page, you will see pictures of my car. I have taken out hundreds of pounds out of my car, and it does not look like a tin can, nor a theft recovery vehicle. I have not cut anything out, only unbolted and/or replaced with lighter material products. My car now weighs 3040 with me in it, and I still have another 140 pounds I am going to be taking out with a front k-member & a-arm setup, drag brakes all around, and misc things like lightweight battery, ABS delete, manual master cylinder, etc. It should be 2900 with me in it and a full interior minus the back seats. After I break the stock internal record, I will put a full chrome moly 10 point cage in it.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to my FQuick page, you will see pictures of my car. I have taken out hundreds of pounds out of my car, and it does not look like a tin can, nor a theft recovery vehicle. I have not cut anything out, only unbolted and/or replaced with lighter material products. My car now weighs 3040 with me in it, and I still have another 140 pounds I am going to be taking out with a front k-member & a-arm setup, drag brakes all around, and misc things like lightweight battery, ABS delete, manual master cylinder, etc. It should be 2900 with me in it and a full interior minus the back seats. After I break the stock internal record, I will put a full chrome moly 10 point cage in it.
RACE CAR
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by 4bangermustang
RACE CAR