Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

275/50 or 275/60 on 15"

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,159 Likes on 753 Posts

That looks real good, can't wait to get some.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
That looks real good, can't wait to get some.
+1 that looks pretty damn badass.

Chad
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back on topic? Wow.....
Old 02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Back on topic? Wow.....
I am happy to see that as well.

I am not trying to take any turf from anyone when I post here.

I would hope anyone reaching my age would have a history. When you combine old with bull headed you get and old fart with an attitude.

An old man and his dog - Jake
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I am happy to see that as well.

I am not trying to take any turf from anyone when I post here.

I would hope anyone reaching my age would have a history. When you combine old with bull headed you get and old fart with an attitude.

I just don't get why you post in tech sections since, you said it yourself, have not raced in a long time and you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. They have a lounge section here. And then there is always Seatstaysup.com.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Retired Street Racer

Oh, I can't let this one pass.

Should I look for a picture of you in Swamp Rats Hall of Fame the next time through Florida? Or are you expecting to be added to the list soon?

What list are you talking about drunk ***?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

MATT wheel chair racing is only allowed in the special Olympics and unfortunately he just had one too many and doesn't seem the same anymore
Old 02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are starting to worry me, but I am sticking to the plan of running the 275-50s with my 3.73 & the Vig 3600 that I am getting.

If I put the bottle back on the car, I might have some 3rd gear RPM issues in the 1/4....

There are quite a few guys running 275s on 10" wide wheels, the look to fit about perfect.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

Matt keeps digging, go for it!

Again, I've never said I know everything, have experienced everything, or am the best at anything.

All dogs have an *** hole. The reason they always smell each others ***. Humans are similar except we also have an opinion!

His point, I know nothing. If I ever did it's all old ****.................. no one cares Christ, he even makes fault of the beer I drink. Boo Hoo I am not loved shocking!

It looks like when Matt posts, in any section, you can take it to the bank - case closed!!! Why the hell have the board? No one else needs to post, say anything.

I wasn't brought up that way. I learned from a relative, a guy that BUILT everything from the frame up. If the part didn't exist it was built. There was no internet. There were no F-Bodies. Matt might not have been born. My guy raced on closed streets - airports - before there were drag strips. My guy was and still is a Professional.

I sent a personal message to Matt, he replied! He should be respected for his past and current accomplishments.

In my eyes this is some funny **** though.. He doesn't know who the Swamp Rat was. Another old guy. There are a bunch of us still out there. Swamp Rat is at every Super Chevy show. My mentor is in his Drag Racing Hall of Fame. Does that make me special? Sure as hell doesn't. I thought I was just one of the many posters passing through LS-1. Instead of answering the question or even trying, in many cases more ******* time is spent questioning why some even posted.

Matt says I should't post in this section. I'll give it consideration!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Retired Street Racer

Matt keeps digging, go for it!

Again, I've never said I know everything, have experienced everything, or am the best at anything.

All dogs have an *** hole. The reason they always smell each others ***. Humans are similar except we also have an opinion!

His point, I know nothing. If I ever did it's all old ****.................. no one cares Christ, he even makes fault of the beer I drink. Boo Hoo I am not loved shocking!

It looks like when Matt posts, in any section, you can take it to the bank - case closed!!! Why the hell have the board? No one else needs to post, say anything.

I wasn't brought up that way. I learned from a relative, a guy that BUILT everything from the frame up. If the part didn't exist it was built. There was no internet. There were no F-Bodies. Matt might not have been born. My guy raced on closed streets - airports - before there were drag strips. My guy was and still is a Professional.

I sent a personal message to Matt, he replied! He should be respected for his past and current accomplishments.

In my eyes this is some funny **** though.. He doesn't know who the Swamp Rat was. Another old guy. There are a bunch of us still out there. Swamp Rat is at every Super Chevy show. My mentor is in his Drag Racing Hall of Fame. Does that make me special? Sure as hell doesn't. I thought I was just one of the many posters passing through LS-1. Instead of answering the question or even trying, in many cases more ******* time is spent questioning why some even posted.

Matt says I should't post in this section. I'll give it consideration!

Listen gramps, you really need to chill the **** out. Never did I say I knew everything nor did I make fun of you for the beer you drink. Im sorry that you are a grown man and can't take a joke from time to time. You are ******* paranoid and need to stop listening to your dog when he talks to you. It really isn't him, it is the schizo voices in your head. We were having great discussion and then I simply asked you innocent questions and you flew off the handle because you are off your ******* meds.

You sent me a PM and I replied nicely. Why even bring that up? I am a nice guy and there are MANY people who PM me on this board daily, at least 30 PMs a day asking me questions and wanting my technical advice. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I know my ****. Case closed. Am I the go to guy for all of LSX based info? No, but you and your dog are trying to make it out like that is the case when it is you who is the ******* *******!

And I don't give a **** about some hood rat or swamp rat or whoever the **** you have a hard on for. That doesn't me any less of a gearhead and it sure as hell doesn't make you know anything more.

You are the one who posts useless bullshit on a day to day basis. I don't know if you are mentally challenged, a drug addict, or just simply a ******* ******* in general who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground, but please step away from the keyboard before they commit you.

P.S. Thanks to the 27 people who sent me PMs saying this guy is a dickbag. I got quite a laugh out of them, and am glad I am not the only one who thinks this guy fell off his ******* rocker.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Matt = meanie pants

Bring a baseball cap to hide the mushroom stamp you are gonna get from when we race and I beat you.

Unstang, it depends really, but usually a 28" tire will 60 more consistent but eat up a tenth and a mph easily if it's a tall tire for a given combo. If you say ran 11.4@116 with 26's on a 1.48, you would run 11.5-.6@114-115 on the exact same day and 60 like a 1.52-1.55. I did that back in 2001 already.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Retired Street Racer

Matt = meanie pants

Bring a baseball cap to hide the mushroom stamp you are gonna get from when we race and I beat you.

Unstang, it depends really, but usually a 28" tire will 60 more consistent but eat up a tenth and a mph easily if it's a tall tire for a given combo. If you say ran 11.4@116 with 26's on a 1.48, you would run 11.5-.6@114-115 on the exact same day and 60 like a 1.52-1.55. I did that back in 2001 already.
I'm glad you have a sense of humor like me and can handle the playfull bickering. I would hate to see what John's Dad, or whatever the **** his name is, would say if he had a discussion like you and me

Bring some paint thinner because your tears won't remove the pewter stripe I am going to lay down the side of that toilet.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

We are just playing around, but you are going to lose because you are so FOS that when you sneeze **** comes out your nose.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Retired Street Racer

We are just playing around, but you are going to lose because you are so FOS that when you sneeze **** comes out your nose.
And you're full of Haider's man juice, so what's the point?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
8 Second Club

275/60/15 get my vote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw
275/60/15 get my vote
Thanks for the info Dave! I would have posted a picture of your car but couldn't find one that showed the tire/wheel combo as well.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
7 Second Club

I'm guessing Swamp Rat = "Big Daddy" Don Garlits, and chances are none of us will make the Drag Racing Hall of Fame in Ocala, FL.

But what do I know?

Back on bashing, I mean topic
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z8'S
Thanks for the info Dave! I would have posted a picture of your car but couldn't find one that showed the tire/wheel combo as well.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by Outlaw
275/60/15 get my vote
the tires on the way
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by camaro_best
the tires on the way
Good luck man. They should work out very well for you.

Quick Reply: 275/50 or 275/60 on 15"