10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Braille 2015.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRracing
The Braille 2015.

Can you post pics of where your cut off switch is located outside of the car please?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id like to see how your wires are routed also. I want the light weight battery but want to put it in the rear also.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Are any of these lightweight batteries capable of running a bottle heater with the car off for 15 minutes while the car cools down and the bottle heats up at the track?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Do yourself a favor, relocate the battery to the trunk and remove weight elsewhere.

These things aren't worth the trouble, please trust me on this. Any added compression, CI, any type of accy on the car AT ALL, will kill the little battery in 1/2 an hour.

They can not, take the abuse of a car. You can try to deal with it..... but in the long run it's not worth it. Just put a full size in a moroso box in the trunk and be done with it.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Do yourself a favor, relocate the battery to the trunk and remove weight elsewhere.

These things aren't worth the trouble, please trust me on this. Any added compression, CI, any type of accy on the car AT ALL, will kill the little battery in 1/2 an hour.

They can not, take the abuse of a car. You can try to deal with it..... but in the long run it's not worth it. Just put a full size in a moroso box in the trunk and be done with it.
ive been there!!! i even had the 21 pound larger version and had trouble cranking with full charge. driving down the road you could hear the alternator buzzing trying to keep up.
put my red top back in the car and went out for a cruise. slung an alternator belt and drove home in rush hour traffic(around 15 minutes) with all fans and electric water and fuel pump running.
car was sitting almost in the red on a stock cluster volts when i got home.
shut her down and i cranked it back up for ***** and giggles.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the Braille 2015 and yes, a very lightweight battery. I don't have any accesories in the car. Just a bottle heater for the n2o and alternator. I'm going back to my red top Optima, and this time it will be relocated to the trunk with a cut-off switch. The small battery still can't keep up with the electrical needs of the car. Who wants it? It will be for sale.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOLO
I'm running the Braille 2015 and yes, a very lightweight battery. I don't have any accesories in the car. Just a bottle heater for the n2o and alternator. I'm going back to my red top Optima, and this time it will be relocated to the trunk with a cut-off switch. The small battery still can't keep up with the electrical needs of the car. Who wants it? It will be for sale.
Good info...I was going to do this a while back but I just got a new red top to replace the yellow top I had...lost 10lbs with it already...lol

I will be moving it to the back as well.

Quick Reply: Which Lightweight Battery?