Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake bias w/strange master cyl.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Steve I have one of their setups in my car and it is great. You even think about slamming in the brakes and you better hold on because you will stop on a dime and that is with stock brakes. They have their sh*t figured out well worth it
Old 08-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mdacton
My problem is not doing a burnout...it the front tire are locked at the line and when I get on the converter ( I run footbrake class) it just slides the front tires through the lights. I need more rear brake.

The pedal etc. is fine, I have run this for almost 8 years without the brace and never had an issue. There is not air in it, I bench bled it and used a power bleeder. I think the lines just need to be swapped.

You can't really tell here b/c the converter was too loose.....I was in 3rd gear@7000 before the 1/8.

The week before I was pushing through the lights and going through the top end @ 6700 125mph with a 1.7 60'

I have converter issues but the brakes did not help......The converter was too tight and not having enough brake didn't help

View Video on FQuick
Get a transbrake, car will go a good bit faster I bet, and the issue will be gone.

You can try swapping the lines, but I don't knwo howmuch a difference it will make.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Get a transbrake, car will go a good bit faster I bet, and the issue will be gone.
i was thinking the same thing but after reading his post again he said he runs a footbrake class.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped em, it didn't make much of a difference but I also got the conveter restalled and its alot better now. pick up 5 mph in the 1.8 and dropped .15 on the 60'

Props to ATI

Quick Reply: Brake bias w/strange master cyl.