Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Two in a row from LG Motorsports/ Cam/head numbers 461/421

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 422 SS
I just read the Nov issue of Hot Rod magazine and they featured a LG 427 solid-roller in a Z06.It was one of the cars they dynoed at the Castrol oil dyno day.The car made 466 rwhp,472rwtq.Remember now this is a bored and stroked LS6 solid-roller no less with a .654/668 cam.It makes me have serious doubts about a hydraulic 346 H/C making the same power.Those Texas dynos really make some power.
What RPM was he making the 466/472 at???
joel
Old 10-28-2003, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

Our 418 cu in Corvette in Hot Rod made the same 466rwhp on our dyno. He had a crack in a cylinder sleeve after 20,000 daily driven street miles, and many hard NOS passes. We freshened the engine up with a new block and new pistons and it got the 510rwhp 508rwtq numbers back for the guy.

Gomer,
What are you saying. We send our cam packages out all around the country. They make 450 to 457 rwhp on dynos in other states all the time. Are you saying that we can't make as much horsepower as our customers??

Our Alabama customer has over 420 rwtq at roughly 5000rpms and at 4000rpm it has right at 390rwtq. Check those against your graph. (link below)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/104918-tsp231-237-patriot-ls6-style-head-dyno-results.html

My customer has no interest in playing dyno queen with you. He is going to Road Atlanta to road race it. It is bright red, with an LG sticker on the back. Right where you can see it.

Thanks

LG
Old 10-28-2003, 10:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it amusing youre still on the defensive soo much you would jump on Gomer for offering to see the car dyno the same day as his under the same conditions just for comparisons sakeIts obvious the guy isnt too terribly interested in dyno #s, being that you were the one on here tooting your own horn again instead of the satisfied customer at hand.That same bullshit attitude is why your shop didnt build my current setup.

BTW, 508rwhp out of a 418 solid roller is NOT IMPRESSIVE. I would expect 650rwhp since you can get 460 out of a hyd 346

Speaking of 346s, Hows that magical 346 solid you built a while back. We saw one 470s graph and it fell off the face of the earth.Simply amazing you can get 460 hyd and only 10 more rwhp with a solid setup. Ahh well.

Last edited by Cammin BeaSSt; 10-28-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Cammin
What I find amusing is that you seem to seek out LG Motorsports posts and add your .02. And it is usually negative. I did a search and all of the LG posts I found were filled with snide, disgruntled remarks by you about LG Motorsoprts.
I am not sure why, but I would be amazed if you saw an LG Post and didn't say something.

Your posts are so predictable. Do your own search and you will find that you spend way too much time and focus on LG Motorsports.

PS,
Nitrous is a crutch for a weak engine. Shawn in Chicago ran a 10.93 with a G5X-2 cam only NA

LG
Old 10-28-2003, 11:50 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have met the owner of the 470RWHP car, he is here in Houston, he doesn't care about the internet, he doesn't get on any of the sites, etc... He sometimes comes out to the Houston GTG's.

I know for a fact he has raced a Magnusson equipped Z06 that has a cam (MTI C2 on a 114) and bolt-ons making 475RWHP. The LG pkg car pulled him in a roll-on race to the top of 5th gear. The car makes

475 RWHP, 426 TRQ. / Magnuson
570 RWHP, 589 TRQ. / N2O

The owner of the 470+RWHP LG pkg also has a prepped Viper, so toys are something he has in spades. As for Randy's car, the car as stated had a busted cylinder. Once fixed, it makes power similar to the 422 inch cars you see out there ~500. Look at Jason from TR his solid 346 made around 460RWHP...

So, whats the issue?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh trust me Lou, I have much better things to do with my time.I just find your misleading threads interesting. I could honestly care less about the success/failure of your company. I didnt bash your graphs initially. I bashed your attitude when you came back on a legit offer for two LS1 buddies to hang out and get some good comparisons. Hell it could have brought you some business to see the graphs overlaid with your combo making so much more power.

BTW, picking out one car that went 10s with a cam is nothing more than internet propoganda. If ya wanna play that game Mike H. did it over a year ago with an FMS cam(226/226) STOCK HEADS and a 3300lb race weight. Isnt the car you speak of a Z06 also? Things that make you go hmmm.... Lou, quit pulling the wool over innocent peoples eyes.

Ill be at the Southern Shootout, I would love to line up beside your lil 346 solid roller and show me just how weak my motor really is. Im SURE that cam only car you toot your horn to trapped almost 127mph in 2100ft DA now didnt he
Speaking of weak motors and nitrous being a crutch, I see why you say above that 418 was on nitrous.

J-ROD, I didnt say theres anything wrong with Lous #s on the 346. I said his attitude is why he doesnt have mine, as well as many others business. 460rwhp is right in the ballpark for a stock ci solid setup.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:02 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My point was that solid or hyd., Randy's car is where I would expect it to be @, around 500. Anyhow, I understand your point, I was simply trying to point out that the 470RWHP car wasn't a fluke, and against a car of similar power it was the victor. The race was z06 vs z06...
Old 10-29-2003, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Our 418 cu in Corvette in Hot Rod made the same 466rwhp on our dyno. He had a crack in a cylinder sleeve after 20,000 daily driven street miles, and many hard NOS passes. We freshened the engine up with a new block and new pistons and it got the 510rwhp 508rwtq numbers back for the guy.

Gomer,
What are you saying. We send our cam packages out all around the country. They make 450 to 457 rwhp on dynos in other states all the time. Are you saying that we can't make as much horsepower as our customers??

Our Alabama customer has over 420 rwtq at roughly 5000rpms and at 4000rpm it has right at 390rwtq. Check those against your graph. (link below)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104918

My customer has no interest in playing dyno queen with you. He is going to Road Atlanta to road race it. It is bright red, with an LG sticker on the back. Right where you can see it.

Thanks

LG

Lou,

I was afraid that you'd take this the wrong way, that is why I said I wasn't "calling" the guy out or anything else like that. I was just curious to see the car and compare combos. I'm sorry that you took it the wrong way and got pissed. But my offer still stands, and let me add this disclaimer **I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT LG'S CARS DON'T MAKE THE POWER HE CLAIMS** I just want to check the guys car out, we don't have many modified LS1/LS6 cars around here.. mostly jacked up trucks!! Once again, I'm sorry for getting you fired up over nothing.
Scott
Old 10-29-2003, 08:08 AM
FormerVendor

Gomer,

No problem. explianation accepted.

You will run into him I am sure. Huntsville is not that big that you guys won't meet up.

I don't know what got into me. Who would have thought that anyone on this forum would ever doubt our numbers

Gomer, next time you are in Dallas, stop in and we can get lunch and dyno a couple of cars.

LG

PS, J-rod We fired your ride up late last night. And Tommy is coming in today to check it out.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I meant to say 977's! You have to use a longer valve like the Rev's. I might add you need to use at least Comp R lifters, and probably save yourself a headache and get adjustable rockers to set preload cause your gonna need shorter PR's(7.250) to get the right geometry...

Dan
Your the man!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:53 AM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You don't need longer valves to run the 977 springs. I have normal length ls1 valves and 977 springs with 1.845" installed height. I do have custom retainers.
Phillip

Quick Reply: Two in a row from LG Motorsports/ Cam/head numbers 461/421